-018: admitting defeat-

Harsh Love
EIGHTEEN  

Kai had had enough. Three weeks had passed since the date incident, and Sera and Sehun were still no closer to telling Chanyeol about their relationship.

 

It had happened again, the ‘HunRa’ couple had been almost caught yet again while going to the movies. They really were stupid, going to the most obvious places that Sera would usually go with her brother for a date.

 

In other words, they were basically asking to be caught. If not for Baekhyun, Chen and himself, they already would’ve been, and Kai had decided to take action.

 

~~

 

As always, the next day, she was at the SM building and entering the practice room, greeting her brother as usual, although flashing a quick smile towards her boyfriend as she passed him.

 

“Hey,” she greeted the five boys sat down, including her brother. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen, Kai and Kyungsoo all greeted her back as she sat in between two of them.

 

“So, what’s everyone doing after practice?” She asked as a conversation starter to the silent group, which fortunately she had a backup answer to.

 

“Kai, Chanyeol, Chen and I are all going to the new gym that they’ve set up here,” Baekhyun announced.

 

Sera turned to Kyungsoo afterwards, as he was the only one Baekhyun had not mentioned about going to the gym with.

 

"Pfft. As if I'd do exercise with these muppets," he mumbled as an explanation.

 

"Understood." She laughed.

 

“Why, what are you doing?”  Chen asked.

 

“Well, I guess if you’re all going to the gym or whatever then I’ll just wait here and talk to Hyomi on the phone or something.” She feigned a sigh, though two of them had no idea it was fake.

 

Kai, Baekhyun and Chen looked at each other and grinned, which Sera didn’t notice, as she was already engrossed in a conversation with Kyungsoo about food.

 

One thing was certain between the boys: their plan would work.

 

~~

 

After practice, the boys didn’t have to speak to their manager, and so they all went home, with the exception of the four boys attending the gym, and Sehun, of course.

 

Once the other eleven boys were safely out of the room and walking down the corridor, Sera felt Sehun’s arms around her as he lifted her up into the air before hugging her tight. She giggled as he released her, and their lips met rather urgently as they sat down and she climbed onto his lap, tangling her fingers into his hair.

 

~~

 

“Ah crap! Hyung, I left my water bottle in the practice room. Can you go and get it for me while I call Hyomi? It’s important,” Kai asked Chanyeol.

 

“Fine, but wait for me here,” Chanyeol agreed before he set off down the hall. Kai looked as if he was about to get his phone out, but quickly put it away as Chanyeol went out of sight, before the three remaining boys followed the giant, being cautious to not be seen.

 

Chanyeol happily whistled as he walked, and continued to do so until he opened the practice room door.

 

“Hey Sera, I’m just coming to get Kai’s- What the are you doing to my sister?!” Chanyeol yelled both surprised and angrily, shooting daggers at Sehun as he stormed towards him, with Sera feeling a sense of deja vu.

 

Chanyeol, had just, unfortunately, walked in on the couple in the middle of a ‘make out session’, too sensual to be classed as innocent.

 

He grabbed the younger boy by his collar and dragged him up, shoving him into the wall before kneeing him in his… Family jewels.

 

Sera gasped and pulled her brother away with the help of Baekhyun and Kai, who had been watching from the doorway and thought it best to intervene.

 

Both Baekhyun and Chen attempted to restrain Chanyeol, while Kai had his hands ready in front of him in case he escaped and tried to strangle Sehun, who was hunched over in pain while Sera tried to help him.

 

“It’s a good job I love you, because you look absolutely ridiculous right now,” she admitted.

 

Sehun looked up at her, surprised. “Wait, what?”

 

“Wait, what,” Sera countered, her fair skin flushing when she realised what she’d said.

 

Sehun chuckled lightly, still wincing in pain. “I love you too. But I think your brother just ruined our chances of having a family.”

 

Chanyeol laughed a little awkwardly, before relaxing and giving Chen and Baekhyun a break. “Well, then. This was fun, but I think I should… Uh, go now, I-er, Sorry, Maknae,” he apologised, slowly backing away towards the door, fairly certain that his sister was going to kill him when she got home.

 

“Excuse you! You can’t do that to my boyfriend and get away with it Park Chanyeol!” She yelled, taking off one of her shoes and throwing it at his head, though it missed him by milliseconds and hit the door instead.

 

“Missed!” He poked his head back around, just as a shoe hit the door again and he escaped unscathed.

 

“I’m not done with you! I’ll get you later!” She shouted, before mumbling something along the lines of ‘stupid prick of a brother’, and sulked.

 

“So… You love me, hm?” Sehun said smugly.

 

“Shut up, Oh Sehun. You said it too.” She giggled cutely, almost forgetting about the whole thing before she remembered what Chanyeol had said when he entered the practice room. “Kai! What the hell did you do!?”

 

“Honest, it was Baekhyun’s idea!”

 

“Yah, you’re not supposed to tell on me!”

 

“Sh! One at a time: explain,” she ordered, as the three boys stood together and looked down, chuckling to themselves.

 

“Well,” Baekhyun began, clearing his throat. “We thought it was about time that Chanyeol knew about you two, because he was going to find out eventually anyway, and I knew you were meeting here, so we decided to… Speed up the process of telling him?”

 

“We thought it was a good plan… At first,” Kai piped up.

 

“A good plan until he nearly kicked the out of Sehun? Why didn’t you just tell him directly?”

 

“Sehun’s fine. And we thought it would’ve been a little more fun this way. Also, be honest, if you were us, would you want to tell your brother that his little sister is dating the idiotic Maknae of his group?”

 

“Yah!” Sehun exclaimed.

 

Sera shook her head. “You know it’s true,” she told him before kissing his cheek. “You’re all idiots, but at least it’s sorted.”

 

“So, we’re not going to die?” Baekhyun asked hopefully.

 

She shrugged. “Not today.”

 

--

 

“Finally he knows,” Sehun grinned, his arms around Sera’s waist. The other boys had left, giving the couple the alone time they’d lost with the intrusion. “No more sneaking around?”

 

“No more sneaking around,” she agreed.

 

“I love you.”


“I love you too.”

Finally the end! I really hope you enjoyed the main part of the story! Please subscribe, upvote, and comment your thoughts on this, I really appreciate feedback.


There will be an epilogue up soon!