-016: plan gone right-

Harsh Love
SIXTEEN  

Weeks later, after promotions for Growl were over, she found herself alone at home. Again. With Chanyeol working so hard for the song, he, Baekhyun and Chen had decided to go on a little holiday for a week. She understood, and she didn’t mind being alone that much, it was just the noises…

 

About three days into Chanyeol’s holiday time, she found herself exhausted and dreary as she dragged herself to her room at 9 at night, a lot earlier from her all-nighters that she’d stupidly pulled.

 

She collapsed onto her bed after removing the makeup that she’d worn that day and scrunching her hair into a messy bun. Snuggling under the covers, she fell asleep almost the instant that she closed her sleepy eyes, drifting off into her own dreamworld.

 

All that was stopped when she heard a clack sound hit her window.

 

She jolted awake upon hearing the noise, and her tiredness completely evaporated once the possibility of a murderer outside came to her mind.

 

Wow, she’d really watched too many horror films.

 

After grabbing a cricket bat that was for some reason inside her room, she hesitantly walked up to the window. Peering down, she saw the ‘stranger’ and immediately rolled her eyes. He scared the hell out of her!

 

“Hey! What are you doing?” She yelled.

 

“I need to talk to you but I don’t want your brother to kill me,” he called back.

 

“He’s not here you . Don’t you know when your bandmate goes on holiday?”

 

“Crap. Well, can you open the door? I-I need to say something.”

 

She reluctantly nodded and closed her window back up, before jogging down the stairs and standing by her front door. Biting her lip, her hand landed on the door handle and swung the door open, revealing Sehun in basketball shorts and a loose t shirt, is hair messy and honestly looking as if he’d only just gotten out of bed five minutes before, but to be fair, she probably looked worse.

 

“What did you-”

 

And he was kissing her. His hand cupped her face as he shut the half open door. She wanted to kiss him back, but guilt immediately crowded her head and she remembered what he said weeks ago. Her hands shook as she moved them to his shoulders and pushed him away, though she kept her hands where they were.

 

“Sehun, we-you- I can’t. You have a girlfriend.”

 

“Wow. You believed that bull? I really should be an actor; I’m better than I thought.”

 

“Wait. Bull? You lied?”

 

“Uh…”

 

“You lied to make me jealous, didn’t you!” She exclaimed, pulling her hands off of shoulders.

 

“No, I didn’t.” He stated, folding his arms as she looked at him with a knowing expression. “Okay, that’s half the reason. B-But, after you said you didn’t mean what you said, I had to do something to make me look non-pathetic.”

 

He took a breath.

 

“And this is going to make the pathetic-ness worse, but.. I know you don’t like me in that way, and I’m sorry, but I just can’t stop thinking about you. No matter how much I try. I really really like you, Sera, if it hasn’t already been so obvious you little dense idiot.”

 

“It’s not pathetic,” she answered quietly, looking down and twiddling her thumbs. “I’m the pathetic one, if anyone. I kept pushing you away when I shouldn’t. I was in denial, okay? But the truth is, it’s been driving me crazy not seeing you and the last thing you said to me. I didn’t want to admit it, but, you can’t keep something to yourself forever, right?” She let out a little laugh.

 

“So, you-”

 

“Yes. Yes, I like you too,” she answered shyly.

 

Sehun’s eyes widened a little. Out of all the possible answers, that one definitely wasn’t the first. Sure, he knew there must be something going on with her for her to let him kiss her three times, but he never took it as far as that.

 

“So, I guess that means…” Sera began.

 

“We’re together?”

 

~~

 

“So, I’m guessing we’re not telling Chanyeol?”

 

“No way. At least not yet, please. I need to tell him in my own time,” Sera replied.

 

“As long as you don’t change your mind for the zillionth time, I’m fine with that,” Sehun grinned, landing a kiss on her head.

 

“I’m really sorry about that. I was just confused about everything, I’m sorry, Se-”

 

“Hey, don’t apologise. It’s me who should be. I’m sorry for everything I did to you. I knew I was being awful, I just didn’t know what to do-”

 

“Don’t ever apologise. You don’t need to. So, can we start over? Pretend we never had that past? Just start off again as a regular couple?”

 

Sehun grinned again. “I’d like that.”

 

“I’m Oh Sehun. Nice to meet you.” He put his hand out.

 

She took his hand and shook it, replying with: “I’m Park Sera, I hope we can meet up some time.”

 

They both smiled at each other, getting lost and leaning closer and closer to each other until their lips were almost brushing. Until…

 

“Chanyeol! How good of you to invite me round to your house because my parents are away because we cut our trip short!” Baekhyun’s voice echoed from the kitchen.

 

“What the-” Sera hadn’t even finished her sentence when she realised that Baekhyun was saving them, and Sehun had already sprung himself onto the other sofa and sat down on it. Her fingers fumbled with the remote until the TV switched onto a random channel and the two pretended to be absorbed in the show as Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked through the door.

 

“Hey, Sera. We had to cut our trip- What are you doing here, Sehun?” Chanyeol’s eyes found the boy on the other sofa.

 

Sera held her breath as she watched Sehun think of some sort of excuse.

 

And as she found out the second he opened his mouth: a very bad excuse.

 

“Well, Baek-hyung called Kai and said that Sera was going to be alone and she doesn’t really like being alone, s-so Kai and I came round to check on her and ended up staying for a while. B-But-uh then Hyomi… Yes! Hyomi called and so Kai had to leave, and I was about to leave too but then I thought ‘I can’t leave Sera here, she’s like seven, so t-then, I decided to stay.” Sehun gulped after his

explanation. Sera, Baekhyun and Sehun were watching Chanyeol’s reaction as he watched the youngest and thought over his excuse.

 

“Okay, fair enough.”


The three all breathed a sigh of relief in unison.

 

After his approval, Chanyeol continued to move to sit beside his sister and Sehun leaned his head back on the sofa. That was, until Chanyeol noticed he wasn’t leaving.

 

“Uh, Sehun. Shouldn’t you be leaving?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“What? Oh! Yeah, yeah.”

 

He began putting on his high tops quickly before standing up to leave, with Sera following him as a quick ‘I’ll see him out’ came before she left.

 

“Uh, why aren’t they killing each other?” Chanyeol whispered to Baekhyun.

 

“They’re actually not that bad to each other any more. I suppose they’re kinda… Civil?”

 

“Ah, okay. Good,” Chanyeol grinned.

 

~~

 

“So, do I get a goodbye kiss?”

 

“You don’t get any kiss,” Sera muttered, folding her arms.

 

“Oh come on. Just one tiny kiss right… here?” Sehun pointed to his cheek.

 

“My brother is in the next room, if you haven’t forgotten,” she reminded him. “Now run along, pretty boy,” she teased.

 

“Hey!”

 

“I’m kidding. I’ll see you tomorrow,” she answered, leaning over and pecking him on the cheek.

 

“Thanks,” he grinned. “But tomorrow is still too long if I’m waiting for you~,” he added as he left, blowing her a kiss as he strode along.

 

“Ja! You’re too cheesy Sehun! Tone it down!” She yelled after him outside so Chanyeol wouldn’t here.

 

“I can do what I want with my girlfriend,” he emphasised the endearment and, it didn’t sound weird or wrong coming from Sehun’s mouth.

 

It made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside, as cliche as that sounded.

 

“Wow, a person really can change. I never knew that Sehun even had an ounce of cheesiness in him.”

 

“Baekhyun!”

 

“Sorry for the early visit. I tried to stop him, so, that-” he pointed to the door where the ‘HunRa’ moment had just taken place. “Could happen in the first place.”  

 

Sera looked surprised. “You knew?”

 

“Well, of course. It was my idea in the first place. Did you like the serenading from your window like Romeo and Juliet? Good, wasn’t it.”

 

“It was pretty stupid given that he didn’t even need to do it.”

 

“Yeah, no one really told him that the three of us were leaving and that you’d have the house to yourselves,” Baekhyun chuckled. “So, you’re finally a thing?”

 

She nodded, looking a little embarrassed. “Chanyeol shouldn’t know yet. For the time being we’re not telling him.”

 

“Ok-”

 

“Who’s not telling who anything?” A voice cut through their conversation.

 

“Uh… I think we should do a surprise birthday party for Chen. Because it’s his birthday soon, right?” Sera cursed to herself in her head, as she realised that she’d now actually have to go through with that plan. But she didn’t mind that much, Chen still deserved something for his birthday.

 

“Oh, okay. Well, I’m going to head off to bed. Baek, do you want to stay in one of the spare rooms?”

 

“Yeah, sure. I’ll be up in a minute.”

 

Chanyeol nodded and headed up the stairs, the creaking of the corridor evident until he reached his room.

 

“Well, I’m off. I’m sorry again for interrupting. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Baekhyun smiled.

 

“You don’t need to apologise,” she laughed. “The time we had was nice.”

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. “What kind of ‘nice’?”

 

“Yah!” She threw one of her slippers at him before a loud laugh escaped his lips and he disappeared upstairs.


Subconsciously, Sera grinned to herself as she too walked up the stairs a few minutes after Baekhyun, her smile never disappearing from sight as she fell asleep.

Sorry for the reallllly late update guys... I went back to school and it's my last year so it's all quite stressful. I'll update when I can!