-010: plan gone amiss-

Harsh Love
TEN  

After taking a quick shower, she walked back into her room and flung open the wardrobe, trying to find something to wear. She laid to potential outfits out on her bed, tapping her chin and trying to choose between the two. One was a dark red oversized jumper, a pair of black leggings and some white wedges that would only make her a few inches shorter than Chen if she wore them(despite her brother being so tall, she really was very short), the other was a pair of dark blue jeans,  a white sleeveless top with the words ‘perfectly imperfect’ written across it in bold letters, along with a pair of white high tops. She liked both, but decided to go with the first option; it wasn’t that cold outside, but it was still chilly, and Sera hated any kind of cold. Once she’d put the other outfit away, she quickly changed into her chosen outfit and applied her makeup afterwards. Her love of makeup was very large, and she knew she wore a lot, but she liked it. After she was happy with her eyes and skin, she moved on to tie a messy bun at the top of her head, pulling a little to make it look more natural and less scraped back.

 

Grabbing a bag on the way out and equipping it with her purse and phone, she took a quick look around the room to ensure it looked okay before making her way down the stairs.

 

Chen was already in the kitchen, waiting, and he grinned when he saw her. “Ready to go?”

 

“Yep.” She grinned back, linking her arm through his when he offered it her and saying goodbye to everyone before leaving through the front door.

 

Both got into Chen’s car, and they drove off, deciding to go to the cinema and heading that way.

 

~

 

“Are you sure you’ll be okay there?” Sera asked him for the fifth time since getting into the car with him, and they had only been driving for fifteen minutes.

 

Chen chuckled. “I’ll be fine.”

 

“But fans-”

 

“Will hopefully respect that I’m on a date with my friend,” he finished.

 

She looked at him in surprise. “It’s a date?”

 

“N-No. I mean, because we’re going to the cinema, it’s like a date, but it’s not a- Okay, fine. It’s a friendly date,” he finally decided.

 

“Okay. A friendly date with your friend’s sister.”

 

“Yes, exactly that,” he agreed, breathing out heavily once he’d explained himself.

 

She nodded, still smiling to herself as she turned to face the road. Although she was having a good time with Chen already, she couldn’t help but think about how she’d left the boy back at the house whom she hadn’t seen in five years before the night before, but, she brushed it off. She realised she could see him again now that she knew where he was, and besides, she’d never been out with Chen before.

 

After Sera had repeated the same question about four more times, ten minutes later, they arrived at the cinema, planning to do a bit of shopping and talking at the nearby mall.

 

Inside the building, Chen went and got their tickets, while he insisted on giving Sera money to get popcorn and drinks, which after a good five minute dispute she finally took.

On her way back to meet him, she noticed two girls stood a few feet away from him who had obviously recognised who he was, but instead of screaming, they simply kept quiet and whispered to themselves, which surprised Sera, a lot. Fans didn’t usually do that.

 

Once Chen had gotten the tickets, they walked to the correct cinema and sat at the back of it, where it was pretty much deserted. The film was The Hunger Games, which Sera had been waiting a long time for to come out in Korea. The film included subtitles, but Sera didn’t really need them, as she already understood what the actors were saying due to her fluent English that she’d learnt in her earlier years.

 

For the first fifteen minutes, Sera laid her head back on the seat. Adverts were the worst part of the cinema; they were both extremely boring and a complete waste of time to her.

 

When the film began, Chen reached over and held her hand, smiling a little when she turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

 

“Friendly holding hands,” he reminded her.

 

She laughed a little and turned to watch the film, becoming absorbed in the first five minutes, while Chen seemed to be doing other things.

A weight fell onto her shoulder, and heavy breathing hit her ears, signifying the boy beside her had fallen asleep already.

 

“Ah, Jongdae, you’re such an idiot,” she giggled softly.

 

~

 

The film eventually came to a close, much to her disappointment, and she mentally noted to watch the film again, though with someone who wouldn’t snore on her shoulder like Chen was. He woke up just as the credits started rolling, like his brain knew it was the right time to wake up.

 

“So, how was the film?” She asked sarcastically.

 

“It was great. I loved it. I especially like the- uh - special effects?”

 

“You’re such a liar Kim Jongdae!” She accused, hitting his arm playfully.

 

“Aish, if you keep hitting me my arm is literally going to fall off! Sorry I didn’t watch it with you,” he apologised, pouting.

 

“Ah don’t do that! It’s too cute! It’s fine, I didn’t mind. Shall we go shopping now?” She suggested.

 

“Let’s go,” he agreed.

 

As the shopping centre was only across the street, it was only a two minute walk from the cinema, and they left the car where it was. They’d barely been in the building a minute when Sera pulled Chen into the nearest shop and picked out a random dress that caught her eye. Immediately finding the changing rooms, she entered one, with Chen waiting outside for her, looking a little confused.

 

When she emerged from behind the curtain, a fitted top half and skater skirt bottom half dress was on her, coloured in black and white with straps.


“Is it okay?” She inquired, looking down anxiously.

 

Chen’s eyes widened, but he added some sarcasm in.

 

“Wow, is that for me?” He joked.

 

“You wish,” she answered.

 

She checked the dress one last time in the mirror before turning around and changing back into her normal clothes back in the changing room, re emerging only five minutes later. Deciding to get the dress, she began making her way to pay at the desk, Chen just behind her, asking questions.

 

“Who’s the dress for? Seriously? You never wear dresses.”

 

“What’s wrong with being a little different? And it’s for no one, I just like it.” She smiled as she handed the cashier the money, and took her bag before dragging Chen out of the shop and into the next one.

 

Her eyes wandered over some of the things in the Victoria’s Secret shop, but decided to skip it, as she knew it would just make things awkward for the both of them, though she did catch Chen trying to look in before she pulled him away.

 

~

 

“Where do you want to go next?” He asked, out of breath and starting to regret offering to hold her seven shopping bags.

 

“I think you’ve had enough,” she giggled. “Do you want to go back?”

 

“Thank you! Yes,” he sighed with relief, grateful that the weight off the bags would be off his hands soon. They came out of the shopping centre and began walking through some streets to reach the carpark.

 

Chen was just in front of her, carrying the bags like a weightlifter. She smiled at him a little, before her face contorted into a look of shock and she gasped, being pulled into a nearby alleyway by someone.

 

When he realised she was missing, Chen frantically searched around him for a few seconds before realising what had happened as he looked down the alleyway and saw her with another person. He strolled away casually by himself, happy his part in the plan had been completed.

 

The mysterious person led her further and further down the alleyway, with her thrashing and kicking as much as she can in attempt to get them off of her, but nothing worked. Eventually, the person stopped and the stranger lightly pressed her against the wall, locking his lips with hers in the process.

 

Not letting it continue she immediately kicked them away, causing them to make contact with the other wall.

 

“What the hell do you think you’re- O-Oh, Myungsoo. Why- What are you doing here?”

Sorry if this chapter seems suuuper short, the next one will be around the same size but the ones after that will be longer! Thank you for reading :)