-015: misunderstanding-

Harsh Love
FIFTEEN  

She waited anxiously for the group to finish their dance the next day, her eyes scanning the room until her eyes found his.

 

It had been barely three days since she’d let Sehun kiss her, and she was feeling the awkwardness the first time she saw him after it happened.

 

That was that day.

 

She avoided him mostly, keeping a distance between them at all times. That kiss shouldn’t have happened… Again. Especially so soon after Myungsoo leaving, but that didn’t seem to be the thing bothering her.

 

As she packed up her stuff, she thought about how she couldn’t be in any kind of relationship with him. Well, not yet, if she even wanted that, but, was there a possibility that she was falling for Oh Sehun?

 

Her thoughts vanished when she heard a voice whisper in her ear. His voice, she realised.

 

“Can I help you with that?” He whispered, placing a hand over hers.

 

“No, I’m fine,” she answered, pulling her hand away.

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

“I think you misunderstood what I said, Sehun.”

 

“You said you wanted to be with me…”

 

“Not like that. I meant I’d be here for you if you needed me, and I want to be with you to help you.” She didn’t look at him as she said it.

 

Sehun stood up straight and looked at her, obviously hurt, but she couldn’t see it; she only heard his words.

 

“Well, it didn’t mean much to me either. It was a mistake. Besides, I’m seeing someone already.”

 

She heard his footsteps become fainter as he walked further away, and she finally let out her breath. Her heart suddenly and unexpectedly felt like it’d been stabbed when he’d said about it not meaning anything, despite the fact that she’d implied that in the first place. Though he’d been gone barely a day, she already wanted to call Myungsoo about all of this, confess how confused she was about everything.

 

~~

 

“Myungsoo…” She sniffed.

 

“Sera? Are you okay?” He answered. She knew it was late, but she needed someone to talk to.

 

“Not really?”

 

“Is it Sehun?”

 

“What?”

 

She heard him sigh. “I know you have feelings for him.”

 

“How could you know that when I don’t even know myself?” She laughed a small laugh, sniffling a little afterwards. There was no reason to be getting upset about any of this, yet she was practically on the verge of tears, and the more she tried to stop them the more they came.

 

“I can tell. You’re my best friend, and you could never keep things from me, remember? Even if you don’t say something directly, I know what you’re feeling.”

 

“But, we only just ended it and I feel awful because you’re gone and I’m just onto someone else like we never happened.”

 

“Hey, hey, don’t feel bad, okay?” He reassured. “I’m fine. If you want to date anyone else, it’s fine. We only liked each other, and it’s okay to like other people, maybe even love...”

 

“O-Okay, but are you-”

 

“Yes, I’m sure,” he chuckled. “Please stop worrying, it’s getting me down. Just do what you think is best for yourself, and you’ll be fine, I promise.”

 

“Wow, these are seriously the most inspirational words you’ve ever said to me. Thanks, Myungsoo.”

 

“Anytime.”

 

….

 

They continued talking for hours after their initial conversation ended, sometimes coming back to it, and sometimes talking about the randomest of things like they had in their earlier years.

 

It was only a few hours later, that Myungsoo finally had to hang up to leave for a schedule the next morning. He’d stayed up with her even after he knew she’d fallen asleep. He wanted to stay with her so she wasn’t alone.

 

Sera fell asleep content. She still felt some guilt, but overall, she felt a little less weight off her shoulders when she’d talked to Myungsoo.

 

Everything was okay with that, but then, Sehun happened. He’d taken some of her feelings, and then announced he was seeing someone.

 

After thinking long and hard the next morning, she realised she would just have to ignore her feelings and back off. Whoever this person was would make Sehun happier than she ever would; the girl most probably wouldn't mess him about as Sera had.

 

~~

 

She only went to SM the next day because her brother asked her to. But from then on she stayed at home a lot. It wasn’t that she was avoiding Sehun- Well, she was, but not because she didn’t want to see him, it was because she assumed he didn’t want to see her.


Unfortunately she didn’t realise how wrong she was.

Sorry for the really short chapter and for not updating properly. I started school last week so I'm busy with that and I haven't been finding a lot of time to write. I'll do update when I can! :)