-006: luhan returns-

Harsh Love
SIX  

The minute Sera had kissed her assumed childhood friend, Sehun knew he had to leave as soon as possible, and the moment had arisen when Kai asked someone to call Luhan.

 

He was now sat in one of the spare bedrooms. The same exact one, he’d noticed, that Sera had said her last words to him, making them crystal clear before she left. He’d told himself he didn’t care anymore, it didn’t matter what she said. If she wanted to go back to what they were, then she could, it wouldn’t bother him.

 

He brought out his phone after deciding to actually do what he promised. Dialling Luhan, the boy picked up from the other end of the line after only five seconds of ringing.

 

Sehun? What’s up?”

 

“I need you to come back here. Everyone’s staying over, and I need to tell you something,” Sehun replied, standing up to check if there was anyone outside the door before closing it.

 

“Can’t you just tell me over the phone? I still haven’t forgotten about that truth, you know,” Luhan answered bitterly.

 

“I’m sorry, I really am. I promise I’ll say nothing like that again. I need to say this face to face, just please come back, hyung,” the younger pleaded.

 

Agh, fine. But no funny stuff, okay?


“I promise.” Sehun hung up first and threw the phone onto the bed, falling backwards and staring up at the ceiling searching for some sense in himself.

 

The sound of a door opening and closing soon waved to Sehun’s ears and he was already running down the stairs, grabbing Luhan by the arm and interrupting whatever Kai was saying, beginning to pull the older up the stairs.

 

“Hey, calm down, alright? Is what you need to say really that important?” Luhan inquired, half letting himself be pulled by the younger boy.

 

“Yes,” Sehun answered simply, focusing straight ahead. He needed to tell someone other than Baekhyun everything, and Luhan seemed the right choice, as he felt like he was one of the closest to him in their group.

 

They eventually reached the room that Sehun was previously in, and Luhan sat down on the edge of the bed, the other doing the same.

 

“What’s wrong?” Luhan asked, becoming slightly worried by Sehun’s odd behaviour and request of wanting to tell him something face to face.

 

Sehun buried his face in his hands, muttering something barely audible to the human ear, causing Luhan to scrape together hardly anything that Sehun had said. “What did you say? Dude, take your face out of your hands.” Luhan took it upon himself to pry Sehun’s fingers away from his head and down to his sides, though the boy’s head was still down.

 

“I think… I think I’m getting feelings for Chanyeol’s sister,” Sehun whispered, burying his face back into his hands.

 

“What! You like Se-” Luhan’s statement was cut off by Sehun looking up and shoving his hand over the older boy’s mouth, eying the door carefully. It was pretty much wide open, allowing anyone to hear what they were saying.

 

“Sorry,” Luhan murmured, as Sehun removed his hand and reached over to swing the door shut. “So, you like her, huh?”

 

“I didn’t say tha-”

 

“You implied that.”

 

“Whatever, fine. I-I may like her.”

 

“Go for it!” Luhan pumped his fist in the air with confidence.

 

“I can’t do that! She most probably hates me, and also, she’s Chanyeol’s sister.” Sehun emphasised. “I’d get my head kicked in.”

 

Though the two boys were obviously trying to whisper, and despite the door being closed tightly, if Baekhyun stood directly outside the door, he could easily still get the gist of what both were saying. After quickly checking the corridor for any curious minds to see where he’d gone, and finding it deserted, he opened the door and entered, well, you couldn’t exactly say quietly.

 

Looks of shock were sent to him, but relief filled Sehun’s eyes when he realised who it was who barged in. “You do realise, if it was anyone but me outside, everyone would know about this, right? The door isn’t soundproof,” Baekhyun announced, reaching behind him to close the door. “Sehun, what happened up here earlier, with her? For some strange reason, after all the events today, I didn’t really believe the ‘fetching something from my room’ crap, when you were here alone.”

 

“Agh, she’s so confusing! Girls are confusing! First, she doesn’t hit me in the face and doesn’t pull away when I kiss her, which is really saying something…”

 

“Wait what? You kissed her?!” Luhan exclaimed.

 

“Oh, I forgot I didn’t tell you the whole story.”

 

Sehun began retelling the events of that day and the previous one as quickly, while also being as detailed, as he possibly could, with Baekhyun adding phrases such as ‘that was stupid’ and  ‘he was a douche when he did that’ where necessary, which Luhan couldn’t help but laugh at.

 

“Chanyeol, is going to kill you,” Luhan stated, his eyes wide when Sehun finished his story.

 

“That’s why we’re not telling him,” Sehun and Baekhyun answered together.

 

Luhan nodded, and Sehun continued on to explain what had happened upstairs earlier.

 

“She, she said ‘Just forget it’? Just like that?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Yeah. She made it perfectly clear, I have to forget what happened, and we can go back to the way we were.” Sehun stared straight ahead.

 

“But, I thought you didn’t want that?”

 

“Of course I don’t want that!” He lashed out.

 

“Okay, okay, stay calm. We’ll fix this,” Baekhyun reassured.

 

“And who even is L to her? How did they recognise each other? Why did they kiss without any problem?!” Sehun sighed, only voicing aloud three of a thousand questions in her head.

 

“Maknae, the kiss was a dare. And I suppose they could’ve been very good friends if she was so willing to just kiss him out of the blue."

 

“I suppose… And stop calling me Maknae!”

 

“No. But anyway, all I’m saying is, maybe it wasn’t meant to mean anything, I don’t know, it’s just a guess.”

 

“I guess.” Sehun sighed, grabbing a pillow and sulking into it.

 

“Okay, I think we should head off now. People might think something of us if we stay in here all night.” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, and Sehun returned by throwing the pillow he was holding at the older boy, who barely escaped unscathed as he slipped out the door.

 

“If you want to get on good terms with her, get on good terms with her friend. Hyomi, is it?” Luhan suggested. “She hates you at the moment, right?”

 

“I know you think she’s pretty, hyung,” Sehun laughed.

 

“I don’t!” Luhan protested.

 

“You do. Besides, it doesn’t matter anyway, it was revealed tonight that she’d been dating Kai for six months. I’m going to talk to Hyomi, I’ll see you later,” Sehun stated, standing up and patting Luhan on the shoulder before taking his leave.

In all honesty, Luhan was rather disappointed by the news of the relationship, but he figured he would probably get over it soon enough, and left the room to return downstairs.

 

~~

 

“Hyomi?”

 

The girl turned to face the terrified looking Sehun, who gulped nervously as he looked back at her.

 

“What do you want?” She answered unpolitely.

 

“Could I, uh, talk to you for a bit?”

 

“What about?”

 

“It’s about Sera,” he explained. Hyomi eyed the boy suspiciously for a few seconds, before following him, curiosity getting the better of her about her friend.

 

Once alone, and no others were in sight, Sehun finally stopped and began what he wanted to say.

 

“Does she absolutely hate my guts?”

 

Hyomi furrowed her brows at him, confused by his question with a seemingly obvious answer. “What?”

 

“You heard me.”

 

“Well isn’t the answer obvious even for your tiny brain?”

 

“No.”

 

“Why do you care?”

 

“I don’t.”

 

“Then why did you ask?”

 

“I-I-” he began, then sighed, he was just going to have to admit it to her. “I-I think I like her.”

 

Hyomi’s eyes widened with shock for a few seconds. “You what?!”

 

“You heard what I said.”

 

Hyomi then proceeded to hit the boy twice, quite hard considering her petite figure, as she managed to make his arm ache and go numb.

 

“Hey! What was that for!”

 

“If you like her, why have you been such an idiot to her for ages?!” She exclaimed.

 

“I’ve already explained that part to two other people, can you please just trust me? Just this once?”

 

“I… Fine, just explain a bit about this sudden liking?”

 

Sehun retold the story of that day for the second time, tending to leave out any parts that would probably earn another hit from Hyomi. Once he’d finished, Hyomi looked more surprised than angry, which Sehun had expected.

 

“You kissed her?” She whispered harshly.

 

“She kissed me back!”

 

“Yes but you still kissed her.Why didn’t she tell me about this?” She answered, the last part to herself more than anyone. “I’m going to talk to her.” She began walking away but Sehun pulled her back by the wrist.

 

“Please don’t. She doesn’t know anything about this except that I kissed her, and I’d prefer for it to stay that way. She told me to forget it which I agreed to with her.”

 

“But- Fine, can I tell Kai though? If not I’ll tell Sera,” she clearly stated.

 

Sehun simply sighed, there was never any way to win with Moon Hyomi. “Fine. But no one else, okay?”

 

Hyomi thought for a moment, considering (but mostly just trying to make him suffer with nervousness), before eventually agreeing.

 

“Okay,” she answered.

 

About to part ways, Sehun then remembered that he’d wanted to ask her something during their conversation, and promptly pulled her back for the second time.

 

“Who’s L to Sera?”

 

Hyomi turned back. “I don’t know. She only ever mentioned the name Myungsoo a couple of times, I thought he was an imaginary friend when we were younger, I’d never seen him, just heard of him and some of the things he did that she mentioned. I guess now though, he actually is a real person,” she laughed.

 

“Oh, okay. And Hyomi?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Thanks.”

 

She shrugged. “No problem. I’m not keeping it a secret for you, though. Only because Sera wanted to forget it, and bringing it up with her again might cause something.”

 

Sehun nodded, and she took her leave towards the lounge to find Kai, whilst Sehun headed to the kitchen, where he found that Luhan already was.

 

“Where’ve you been?” Kai asked as Hyomi walked into the room and sat in his lap, giving him a quick kiss. Sera pretended to gag at the way the couple greeted each other, to which they simply rolled their eyes at and continued what they were doing.

 

Hyomi giggled and began whispering something to Kai, which his eyes widened at, causing Sera to give the two raised eyebrows, suddenly curious as to what had made Kai so shocked. She eventually dismissed what they were talking about as couple things when neither of them answered her curiosity.

 

After Hyomi had explained the story, Kai looked to her, then to Sera, who was in too much of a conversation with Chanyeol about something to notice, surprised by what he’d heard.

 

“Those two? Are you serious?”

 

“I know right,” she answered. “But we can’t tell anyone. Sera told Sehun to forget it, and that’s what he wants her to think he did,” she whispered.

 

“Then why did you tell me?” Kai inquired.

 

She shrugged. “It was you or Sera,” she replied, kissing his nose cutely afterwards.

 

Sera noticed the last action but none of the words that were said, and immediately did a fake gag reflex, to which the couple both laughed and glared at the girl for, causing her to laugh too.

 

~~

 

When all the temporary and permanent residents of the house had all returned from their various places around the house after everything had been set up, they all gathered into the living room once more, and decided it would be a good idea to put a movie on.

 

“What about a horror movie? I nominate Saw,” Chanyeol suggested.

 

Everyone seemed to agree with the suggested film. All except one, as always.

 

“I-I don’t like horror films,” Tao whimpered, holding onto Kris’ arm for reassurance, which in all honesty wasn’t helping their situation of no one letting that kiss go.

 

“It’s okay. You have Kris, right?” Chen laughed.

 

“Ja, Jongdae. You want me to use this?” Kris threatened, holding up his hand balled into a fist pointed at the boy. Chen just burst into even more laughter, holding his hands up in a surrender motion with the knowledge that Kris was only joking… He hoped.

 

“Seriously though, Tao, you’ll be fine,” Hyomi reassured kindly. “Sera even got through this film, so I’m literally 100% sure you can. She can’t even watch a 12 rated horror film without crying, but she was fine with this one, so you will be too,” she continued, much to Sera’s embarrassment as she looked away from an inquisitive L.

 

“I’m not scared of them anymore!” She insisted. Though, she had to admit this film was quite gruesome.

 

Having a wide collection of DVDs at hand was helpful when different opinionated people were at their house, and Chanyeol left the room to find the film amongst the many, and coming back to slip it into the DVD player.

 

Usually, Sera would sit with Hyomi for these types of things when no one knew about her relationship, though, now that it was known, Hyomi moved to sit with Kai. Sera didn’t mind, she understood, and began watching the film sat alone, her knees pulled up to her chin and her back against the sofa behind her.

 

“Want some company?”

Her head turned to the left, where Myungsoo had just settled himself in the space beside her, and smiled his usual, heart-melting smile that everyone whom he had met could never resist.

 

“Who knew, huh,” he said.

 

“Who knew what?”

 

“That I’d ever be seeing you again. Here. Right now.”

 

“I definitely didn’t know it,” she laughed softly. “I really missed you, you know.”

 

“I missed you too. You know I never ever for one second forgot about you, right? But I guess if I had carried on seeing you I wouldn’t be so awed right now.”

 

“Why awed?”

 

“Are you kidding? Just, you. Wow, you’ve just - Uh, you look good, really good. Not the little chubby girl I once knew,” he chuckled.

 

“Me? What about you? Mr Pop Star-Visual!” She laughed, being careful not to be too loud.

 

“Yeah, well. I guess I did alright for myself.”

 

“It’s amazing! Who knew little Myungsoo would ever become the most loved boy in Korea? Though, I have to admit, when Baekhyun said ‘L’ was coming over, I had absolutely no idea who you were. I’ve never really listened to Infinite before, uh, I’m sorry.”

 

“No no, it’s okay. I guess ‘L’ from Myungsoo isn’t really much to go on. I’m just glad you knew who I was when I came in.”

 

“How could I ever forget you?” She whispered softly.

 

“Do you- Do you remember when we first met? What happened and such?”

 

“Of course. Why, don’t you?”

 

“Of course I remember!”

 

Sera giggled as the memory flooded back into her head after so many years, being as  vivid as it would have been if it were only yesterday....

the next chapter will be a flashback, please comment below thoughts on this whether they're bad or good, I love any type of feedback :)