Excitement during Break

Past Affairs

Nicole's POV

 

Today has been a long day. Not only do I have detention after school, I have to worry about work tonight. Hopefully I will be able to make it there. My other classes are boring with Math and all the numbers and History where the teacher lectures on and on about the past. Gym was fun because I got to go outside and stretch and play. Though it did make me hungry but lucky enough it is lunch time now. I will just go in line and grab m....

 

“YAH, JUNG NICOLE! What is this I hear about you getting detention? AGAIN!” Crap, I turned around to see the goddess scowling at me. I tried to smile but I know that I have a guilty look on my face. “Gyuri-unnie, it was an accident. I woke up late and I almost made it but Ms. Park caught me. Mianhae.”

 

I was now more afraid to ask about the favor I was going to ask her but it was now or never. “U..unnie” I stuttered out “You mind ...uh .. you think you could uh....” Her intense glare got more intense and got me more nervous.

 

“Calm down Gyuri-ah. You are scaring Tweety there and you know she most likely is hungry which will make it worst.” Seungyeon-unnie came to my rescue. “And yes Cole-ah, Gyuri will cover for you at work.” Now Gyuri was glaring at Seungyeon who started to drag her away towards our spot before she turned to me and said “Grab your lunch and meet us at the spot.” I smiled and rushed to the line to grab food.

 

I made it to the table and saw all of Kara there along with some of our other friends. “Kamsahamnida Onew-Oppa” I said to Onew who was next to Seungyeon, for this morning. He just nodded his head at me and turned back to talking to Unnie. Gyuri was busy painting her nails and inspecting her work while Jiyoung was talking to Taemin. I sat next to Hara, who was making out with her boyfriend Junhyung and I turned to Jinwoon and Dongwoon, who both decided to visit my group today and started talking to them while I ate. I started to talk to them about what they have been up to and how their groups are doing.

 

It was in the middle of our conversation that Yoseob from Junhyung's group, Beast, started to turn up the speakers that he had hooked up to his Ipod. He was blasting an American song called 'Moves Like Jagger' by Maroong 5. (Sorry for the choice but it is the song I am listening to at the moment.) Dongwoon grabbed my arm and pulled me out of my seat to dance. I started to pop and lock to the song. Swinging my hips around while I got myself lost to the song and just started to dance to the song. I was really enjoying myself and I can tell everyone else were enjoying it also. I just kept dancing even when the song switched. Another American song but it was a song I liked 'Radar' by Brittney Spears.

 

I started dancing to the beat and following along with the lyrics. I listened to this song many times before so I started to say some of the lines. I was really enjoying this but my fun was cut when someone cut off the music.

 

I turned around and found out it was another hall monitor that turned the music off and now was giving Yoseob some problems for disturbing the peace. I was gonna go and help him but I noticed that Onew got up and was going to go talk to the guy for us. I am thankful for Onew being on the Hall monitor staff. I went back to finishing my lunch.

 

“Unnie, you were amazing just dancing there.” My dongsaeng Jiyoung said. “It was nothing Jing, I was not the only one dancing.” “But Unnie, you were the best, plus you were dancing by yourself to the last song while everyone else was just mostly watching you.” I did not notice the last part but blushed at it.

 

“Cole-ah, why don't you dance on stage or perform instead of being a waitress. You know they get paid more.” Hara said. I shook my head and said “I enjoy working as a waitress, I get to meet a ton of more people plus I get to see all the FOOD.” I said while giggling at the end. Everyone else in the group shook their head knowing that I would do almost anything for food. I just smiled at them and continued to finish eating lunch while enjoying being with my friends. The conversation then turned into a big one because in about a month or so, the annual Soul Jam was coming and people were throwing ideas on what to do for it around.

 

Krystal's POV

 

It was lunch time and I was spending it with my group F(x) although Amber was missing and we were sitting at our spot discussing some things for our winter formal dance. We were interrupted when I felt two arms wrap around me and someone kiss the side of my face. I smiled at the gesture and turned to see my boyfriend Choi Minho.

 

“Oppa, you know that I dont like doing this in front of everyone.” I said blushing. He just smirked at me and decided to sit down right next to me but he still held me in his arms. I turned back to the group to see that some guys came along with Minho. I saw Nickhun with Victoria-unnie and Yesung was by Luna.

 

“So what are you girls talking about?” Yesung asked and Luna smiled and started telling him our plans for the formal. We were again interrupted by Amber finally arriving along with male diva of the school. My smile dropped a bit at seeing Key because he was the closest person to Nicole even though we were sisters. I was sometimes jealous of him because of how close Cori-unnie and him were. I then started to play with the locket.

 

Minho squeezed my arms because he must have been worried about me. “You okay?” he whispered, I just nodded my head and then he tensed for a moment when he noticed I was playing with my locket. He must realize that I am thinking about Nicole but then he composed himself and then kissed my forehead. I looked up and try to pay attention to the group not noticing Key looking at me and Minho with a blank look. I found out the topic turned to that of the Soul Jam which was coming up.

 

“You guys hear that there are some people from Seoul High that want to compete.” Sulli said.

 

“Yeah, I heard some of them are pretty good but they cant beat anybody from here.” Victoria said “I mean, we are a school dedicated to the Arts and we have the best teachers here teaching us things about dancing and music. So how can a public school wish to compete with us.”

 

“Yeah, I bet they all have no talent at all and are just going to embarrass themselves.” Luna said but Key decided to say something to it. “I would not say that if I were you. Jonghyun has two cousins that go there that are really good. They also make up the last two members of our group Shinee.”

 

“Just because two of them are good, does not mean all of them are any good either. And how come you have two people from your group going to a public school.” Amber said.

 

“It is because the two dont want to be privileged. They have good statuses but they dont want to abuse it so they chose to go to public school. Key and I talk to them regularly and they said they know a ton of people that are good there.” Minho said to help out Key.

 

“You girls up to taking a field trip to check out the competition.” Victoria said and the rest of the group nodded. I was also curious to see how well this school can provide for a good competition.

TO BE CONTINUED

Thank you for reading and to those that subscribed to the story. This is my first time writing here and I hope you guys enjoy it. Please comment and give me some suggestions.