Thinking of Tonight

Past Affairs

Chapter 8: Thinking or Tonight

Nicole's POV

“Come on Nicole, we are suppose to be using this time to relax. It is the first time that unnie has let us relax and not having us be practicing.” Hara yelled at me while I was dragging my body behind them. I don't know what she is talking about because I do not count this as relaxing. It is more like torture for me.

 

“Yeah unnie. Hara-unnie is right. Don't you want to find a great dress for tonight.” I shot a small glare at her. I rather be sleeping or eating than looking for a dress. Actually it is not me looking for a dress but them pulling me here and there while listening to them talk about clothes which I am learning to hate.

 

“You both know that I rather be doing something other than shopping. I hate shopping with you Hara and it was evil of you to use Jiyoung to drag me here.” I leveled a small glare on her. “I mean, can't you get your boyfriend to go shopping with you.”

 

She started to pout and knowing me, it will wash away the anger that I am feeling right now. “Nicole-ah, we havent been spending much time together anymore. I hanging out with you.” Jiyoung started pouting along with her. “Plus Junhyung thinks this is torture.” That brought my anger back “Plus Jiyoung feels our friendship is being neglected,” She said to save her last statement.

 

“Fine, but cant we just get something to eat first.” They were about to protest when we heard Jiyoung's stomach growl and I started to smile. I could not help but just smiled while Hara started scowling. Jiyoung was now blushing from embaressment and trying to avoid the scowl that Hara was aiming at her. That ended when I decided drag the two to the food court. Revenge for dragging me around the mall.

 

It was decided that I would go and grab the food while the other two went looking for a place to sit at. Also, Jiyoung and Hara both had their hands full with the clothes they both bought while I had nothing in my hands. It was because I was not a shop-a-holic like them.

 

I then brought a tray full of food to the table that Jiyoung and Hara found that was not too far. I could not decided what to get so I got so many selections. Hara and Jiyoung just pulled what ever they fancied from the tray. While they all started eating I could not help but show the joy I was feeling on my face. The other two could see that I was now really happy and it made them also smile.

 

“Nicole-ah, I really did want to spend time with you.” Hara said in a softly, voicing the truth of her intent. “With Gyuri working us all hard and also me being with Junhyung, I guess our friendship fell through the cracks of life.” She then turned her face away from me. Most likely because she did not want to see my reaction.

 

“It is not just Hara-ah but me as well. I know that I keep disappearing to go to other places that it seems that I have forgotten the people that accepted me into their group and took me under their wing. I dont want you to feel that I have fogotten aboiut you.” I turned to Jiyoung who was now feeling the same as Hara.

 

I looked at the two and felt deeply touched and also a bit of regret for putting up a fuss. These two got on my nerves sometimes but I would never change them. They were part of the family that I came to love and treasure. I got up and went around the table to bring them into a giant hug. “Remember that that no matter what happens to us, we will always be there for each other. It is because we are not just classmates, groupmates or even just friends.” I pulled out of the hug to look at them directly in the eye.

 

“We are sisters that have cried together and bled together. Through all the work we have done, Gyuri-unnie, Seungyeon-unnie, you Hara-ah , you Jiyoung-ah and me, we are one family. We WILL always love and cherish one another no matter what stops us.” Jiyoung and Hara were now crying silently because tof what I had said. They then grabbed and squeezed me to them as much as possible. I could not help but let a small tear escape my eyes.

 

A FEW HOURS LATER

 

After a few hours of shopping and this time I was not complaining but actually enjoying the trip, Hara and Jiyoung had to go get ready for tonight. So right now I was bidding them a farewell. “I cant believe we spent all our time shopping and we did not even get you a dress to wear for tonight.” Hara said as she was getting in the car with Junhyung. “Do not worry Hara, I will find something on my own. Just go get ready yourself.” “But unnie... dont you need to also get ready. We dont want you being late and we have to do the performance without you.” Jiyoung said while she was catching a ride with them.

 

“Dont worry Jiyoung-ah, I will be there. I will never let you all down. Now go and I promise I will spend one more hour here to see what I will wear tonight. It has to be white and/or black with a mask right?” They nodded and I smiled at them while I closed the door and signaled Junhyung to go. He just smirked at me which made me roll my eyes as they took off.

 

I turned around after seeing them leave and went back into the mall to look for something to wear just like I promised them. I then endlessly walked through the entire complex actually putting up an effort looking for something to wear. It was now that she found herself in a costume shop looking for something to wear for the night.

 

I was going through the mask section seeing some that were grotesque and some that were childish. I just smiled at all the assortment. I was staring at a unique mask that captured my attention but then was brought out of my musings by a little girl running right pass me.

 

“Ajimunni!! Look look” The little girl ran up to a lady that looked like her aunt to show her the costume that she had found. This brought me a smile to my face as she reminded me of my own aunt.

 

 

THIRD PERSON POV

 

“AJIMUNNI!” a little girl ran up to a lady as she was walking through the garden. The lady just looked at the girl with adoration as the girl clung to her leg. “Nicole, how many times do I have to tell you that I am not old.”

 

Nicole just giggled at her aunt and smiled even more when she was picked up. Her 5 year old body now being swung around in the air as her aunt spun her around. The next thing was them both being on the ground as they try to get out of being dizzy. Both laughing as they laid on the grass of the garden.

 

“So how has my little dragon been?” Nicole's Aunty said as she brought the girl back into her arms as they lay on the grass. “I have been great Aunty and even better now that you are here.” “Don't worry Cole-ah, I will always be here for you.”

END

NICOLE"S POV

I then snapped out of my memory when I thought of something. I looked at the mask again and had a great idea. I purchased it and raced back to my place to start to get ready for the night. Right when I got to my room, I raced to the chest that I kept in the closet where I kept the rest of my clothes. I went down to my knees and opened the lid. In front of me was something covered by cloth so that I did not have to worry about dust settling in. I removed the cloth like opening a present to see something that took my breath away. Looking at the dress I could not help but remember the day I had gotten it.

THIRD POV

“Nicole-ah, I have this place under my name so you don't have to worry about anyone looking you up. I also have talked to the lady who owns the place and have arranged things with her so you won't have to worry about some things. Another thing is ...” Nicole's Aunt was silenced by hugging her and pouring all the love I could muster into the hug.

 

She smiled as her hand swept against Nicole's head and leaning her head into her shoulder as her arms wrapped around her niece's body. “You don't have to worry Nicole, I told you I will always be there for you and I am keeping that promise.”

 

“I know Imo but I can't express how much I am gratefull for you doing this for me.” Nicole said as she pulled out of the hug. “You don't have to worry, I know how much your family have hurt you over the years but I wished that it did not have to come to this. I cannot imagine the pain you had to deal with and all the things that have happened. I am just glad that you came to me and allowed me to help you.”

 

Nicole's Aunt then drew the girl to her new bed and sat her down. “Now you know that I count you as my daughter Nicole, right? I was never able to have a family but with you, I have come to know the love of a daughter. To take care of someone and try to teach them through their life. I was there when you were born, when you took your first steps and when you had your first crush. I know that my sister was not there enough to see how beautiful of a lady you have become but it is her lost.”

 

Nicole's Aunty then got up and walked towards the closet and pulled something out of it. She pulled out a package and brought it over to Nicole who was still sitting on the bed. She laid it in front of the girl who hesitated on opening it but with the nod of her aunt's head she opened the gift. Tear's formed on the girls eyes as she leaped up to embrace her aunt.

 

“I am happy that you like it because a mother will always cherish the moment when seeing their daughter off to something great and hopefully you wear this dress on a special occasion.”

 

End

 

I looked down at the dress and agreed that it was time that I wore this. One of the last gifts that my aunt had given to me before her passing. I then started to get ready for the night. I noticed something else in the trunk that brought back a few memories that I forced away. I picked up the small plastic card with my picture on it and decided to put it in my purse before I headed to get ready.

 

A few hours later (Third Person POV)

 

“WHERE IS SHE?!” The goddess was angry and starting to pace around. “Calm down Gyrui-ah. I am sure it is nothing serious. It is probably her parents again like the other times.” Seungyeon said trying to calm her down. She looked at the other two girls. “She still not picking up her phone?” “No unnie, she said when we left her at the mall to not worry about her but now I am regretting not staying with her.”

 

Hara was huffing after talking to Seugyeon while Jiyoung was still trying to call Nicole. Hara then got a text message. “Unnie...uh Gyuri-unnie?” The older two girls looked at her. “Uh Nicole just texted me and told me to go ahead and she will get in on her own.” Gyuri narrowed her eyes. “How is she going to get in when the only other way in is through the front door. She knows that she can't do that or else the plan is ruined. CALL HER AND TELL HER TO HURRY UP.”

 

Jiyoung looked up. “She texted me too and said she has her own way in and not to worry.” Gyuri huffed and then just turned around. “FINE, let her get in her own way while the rest of us hurry inside. The guys are already in there.” The four girls then made their way into the side of a building.

 

WITH NICOLE

 

Nicole was very nervous after sending the text messages. She decided to make a pit stop before going straight to the party. She had gone to visit her aunt at the hospital because she felt that her aunt deserved to be the first one to see her in the dress. So she visited her and she did not care if she was late. She was able to pull up to the venue and hailed one of the valet.

 

“Good evening Miss. Would you like me to park you car.” “Yes please sir. Can you park it on the third level right by the elevator and leave the keys inside the car locked.” “I am sorry Miss but that spot is reserved...” “I am his sister and you will do what I said.” Nicole said glaring at the man while flashing him a card. He straightened up and nodded his head.

 

She made her way up the stairs towards the front door relieved a bit that she pulled that off. She had to put up a front of belonging there to be able to get in and maintain the act. She even had to pull out the family trait of being cold with the Jung glare and attitude. Next step was to get inside the building which she was almost successful for.

 

Just a few more steps and she would have made it but failed. “Excuse me miss, can I please see verification for being an attendee here.” The door man had stopped her she looked up at the doorman with a piercing glare and reached into her purse. She pulled out the card again and showed it to the doorman.

 

“I know it is outdated but I did not feel like getting a new ID.” The doorman looked at the card and up at her and then nodded. “No problem Ms. Jung, please enjoy your event.” He said and let her pass. As she stepped inside, she let out a sigh relieved that she made it inside. She was going to go down the stair way leading but was stopped again. She then got irritated and rounded on the person that stopped her.

 

“Sorry Miss.” The person was nervous once Nicole had turned to him with an irritated look. “I...I was.. just going to ask if you want to check in your coat.” Nicole felt relieved that that was it and removed her long coat revealing the dress she was wearing underneath that had many people in the area staring at her. She just nodded and handed the guy her coat. “Also...” The boy stuttered because of her beauty “you should...uh.. put on your mask.” Nicole smiled at him and thanked him while she put on her mask.

.

She then made her way towards the stairway while the guy had called out “ Enjoy the SM Art Winter Formal Dance Ms.” Nicole just smiled and prepared herself as she made her way down the staircase. She took a deep breath before bringing herself out in view of the crowd

 

Everyone was now turning their eyes all at her as she glided down. She looked like a modern day Cinderella in her white outfit and a smile gracing her face. Many wondering who she was and admiring her beauty. She just smiled and continued into the crowd ready for the night because it would be one that this place will never forget.

http://www.abned.com/bmz_cache/duk_generic/IB01.jpg (mask)

iamipodman.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/kara-step-nicole.jpg (hair style)

http://www.promdresseslove.com/images/prom/FGS146.jpg (dress)

Sorry but I had the pictures on earlier but the site won't let me save them when I paste the actually pictures. I only notifced because right now I am stating to work on the next chapter.  Also where can I get someone to make a poster for this fic.

Nicole's dress and mask. Her hair is arranged on how it is here when she was in the STEP music video.

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

 

Thank you for reading. If you have any comments or ideas for the story, please comment. I will greatly appreciate it. Also theories of where I am going or should go are welcomed.