Night is Still Young

Past Affairs

Chapter 13 Night is still Young

 

 

“U..unnie... what are you doing here.” Nicole was shocked to see who was at her front door. “Can’t I come and see my favorite Jung.” Nicole had to take a moment to cool her nerves so she could continue on while a smirk spread across her face. “Yuri-unnie, you and I both know that my brother is your favorite Jung right next to Sica-unnie.”

 

Nicole felt the atmosphere become awkward after she said her comment. She then ushered Yuri in while asking her how she been. “Life is g… its good. There are some challenges bu… how about you Joogie?” Nicole could tell that Yuri was stressed out a bit with her stumbling over her response. She lead Yuri to the couch and sat right up next to her.

 

“I have been good unnie. Just been going to school and working for a bit. I made some good friends and they are some of the best people I know.” Nicole smiled thinking about the rest of her group. “Were those the other four people in the group you were dancing with?”

 

“You saw that?” Nicole said while putting her head down to cover the small blush of embarrassment. “You don’t have to be  embarrassed about it. You girls rocked it.” Yuri said while wrapping one arm around the younger girl and drawing her into a small hug.

 

“Remember I always said that you will be great one day and that was evidence of it. So is there any guys I need to know about?” Yuri smiled while Nicole started to blush. “UNNIE...Of course not. No boy would like me.” “Nicole Nicole Cole-ah. You know that you are beautiful. I bet there are so many boys out there that have a crush on you but you are too oblivious to it.”  Yuri said but whispered “Like usual.”

 

“That is not true unnie… How is the rest of SNSD.” Nicole said to try and change the subject. “ They are all doing good. Your unnie, Tae, Hyo, Sunny, Fany, and I are in our last year at school. We are mostly all busy trying to finish out and taking care of things before we make plans for afterwards. Soo, Yoona and Seo are the same year as you and I think they have their own things to do.”

 

“What about you? How have you been on your own?” So Nicole explained about her friends and school. How she still sometimes oversleeps but can never give up a chance of food. How her life has been good, not great but still good. “AW my shikshin is all grown up.” Yuri started to pinch her skin but then stopped as a big smile spread across her face. “Really Cole-ah. I am so proud of you and your life. You were able to turn it around.” The smile then fell from her face.

 

“I am sorry I was not there for you when I should have been. I promised you I would b...but something came up.” A soft smile spread across the older girls face while a bright one came across Nicoles. Yuri then caressed Nicoles cheek while saying “I have missed you. You were such a bright girl with so much enthusiasm no matter how bad life got. I have missed your smiles and you laughter. I have missed all our small girl talks. I have missed having my little Joogie-ah.”

 

Yuri drew her into a hug while giving her a kiss on the head. She held her in her arms for a moment as she had images of her past flash through her mind. “You know your family misses you.” She felt the girls body go stiff and drew her closer in her arms.

 

“Jessica and Krystal have not forgotten you and...I see how they struggle with you not being there.” She clung to the girl trying to show her that she was there for her. “They are sorry and love you so much...but I will not let them hurt you again.” She felt her shirt dampen. She decided to hum something to sooth the girl in her arms.

 

Uh

Eh

 

Memories started to fly around in their heads  coming to the forefront of their thoughts.


 

Another shot of whiskey please bartender

Keep it coming 'til I don't remember at all

How bad it hurts when you're gone (no, no, no, no)

 

Turn the music up a little bit louder

Just gotta get past the midnight hour (uh, huh)

Maybe tomorrow it won't be this hard

 

A little girl of 7 was running around another pair of girls sitting on the bench of a grand piano. A girl of about 8 was playing the piano with her little sister of 6 sitting at her side. The one running around laughing and enjoying the song. A time of fun, love and joy with sisters bonding and sharing a moment. The youngest laughing as she saw her unnie seeming trying to dance around them. Laughter and music being infectiously bright.


 

Who am I kidding?

I know what I'm missing

 

Oh, I had my heart set on you

But nothing else hurts like you do

Who knew that love was so cruel (yeah, yeah, yeah)

And I waited and waited so long

For someone who'll never come home

It's my fault to think you'll be true (yeah, yeah)

I'm just a fool

(Yeah)


 

A boy of 13 holding hands with a younger girl as they strolled down the garden of the mansion. In the distance they saw three girls, two younger and one the same age as the female partner running. They reached under a great big tree that gave them a view of the picnic up ahead. The girl was so focused on the scenery up ahead that she did not notice that her hand was empty. The hands instead covered her eyes as they guided her to turn. A few seconds later they lifted to a surprise in front of her. It was so touching that she felt impulsive enough to turn around and give her first kiss to the boy.



 

I say that I don't care and walk away, whatever

And I tell myself we were bad together (uh, huh)

But that's just me trying to move on without you

 

But who am I kidding?

I know what I'm missing

 

A brother and sister dancing around in the open hall of their mansion. The boy was teaching his younger sister the pattern and basics of their school dance. A foot away was the brother’s girlfriend giving pointers and smiling at the sibling moment. The rest of the family had left the girl alone in the house until the couple rushed home to keep her company.


 

I, I had my heart set on you

But nothing else hurts like you do

Who knew that love was so cruel (yeah, yeah, yeah)

And I waited and waited so long

For someone who'll never come home

It's my fault to think you'll be true (yeah, yeah)

I'm just a fool

 

A girl waking up to her bedside to be empty and bare. Her boyfriend leaving her in the night without so much as a  goodbye. She tried to hold it in but in the end could not help the tears that were falling down. Wishing that he were still there to wipe it away.

 

For holding onto something that's

Never ever gonna come back

I can't accept that it's lost

 

A girl of 14 tickling her dragonball of a little sister as the maknae laid next to them already having enough of the tickle torture. Their laughter echoing around the room as sign of pure joy. A time that would be the last the room experienced.

 

I should've let it go

Held my tongue

Kept my big mouth shut

'Cause now everything is just wrong, wrong, wrong

 

I'm just a fool

A fool for you

I'm just a fool

 

A girl of about 15 sneaking around a mansion that she once called her home now feeling more of a prison. She made two trips across the place before making her way out. She pushed the door open to one of her stops to find out that she did not have to make the last trip. Her two sisters were laying asleep in the bed. She walked up to both knowing that they were heavy sleepers and placed a small kiss on both their heads.

 

I, I had my heart set on you (uh)

But nothing else hurts like you do

Who knew that love was so cruel (yeah, yeah, yeah)

I waited and waited so long

For someone who'll never come home

It's my fault to think you'll be true (yeah, yeah)

I'm just a fool

I'm just a fool

I'm just a fool

 

Two girls crying in the oldest room as they finally noticed something missing. Their parents too busy now looking for the wayward sister to come and comfort them. they held each other to make sure nobody else would be disappearing. Regret filled their hearts and settled in their minds. Though a bit of hope shined through in a promise to do better.

 

It's my fault to think you'll be true (yeah, yeah, yeah)

I'm just a fool

 

“I guess we are just fools” Krystal spoke as she was now taking her usual spot of sitting next to her sister. “I guess we are.” Jessica smiled through her tears and reached over to wipe her sister’s tear away. “Come here, this fool needs some love.” They both laugh as they drew each other into a hug.

 

Krystal had come in the room when Jessica waws going through the song and decided to join in knowing it. It felt good to sing it and relate to it a bit.

 

“Unnie, if we find Nicole, do you think she will come back to us?” “It’s not if, Krystal but when and she is going to come back to us. We just need to prove to her that we do love her and we are there for her.” They both took a small deep breath. Jessica then looked to what she left on the piano.

 

“I also think we are closer to getting her back.” Krystal pulled away from her with a confused look on her face. “Why do think that unnie?” Jessica smiled “Because tonight I came across something” She reached over to the badge and handed it to Krystal.

 

The young girl was still confused. “At the ball, one of the attendants came up to me and said he found it. Someone had dropped it as they passed by him.” Understanding came upon Krystal’s face and was then replaced with shock. “Then that means someone had this there and it could have been her. She was there last night.”

 

Jessica nodded her head. “And I bet if we asked around a bit, we may be able to get some more info. Info that can lead us directly to her.” The two shared a smile knowing that they were now closer into finding their missing sister.

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

Sitting around a table were the remaining members of Kara. They all sat in silence with a few of the guys beside them. Junhyung had Hara sitting in his lap with his arms hugging her close. Doojoon was sitting next to them with Gyuri next to him. To her right was Seungyeon envying Hara because she had her boyfriend. Onew was in the dark about the night’s events because he had a few ties to SM Art and did not want to worry him. Next to her was Jiyoung  who was scrunching her body up into the chair with Yeseob there trying to make sure she is okay.

 

There was an awkward silence among the group and nobody wanted to say anything. Jiyoung was still trying to recover from what had happened. The others had so many things on their mind. They came directly to the cafe that Gyuri and Nicole worked at to cool off. The owner came up to them with some drinks.

 

“Thank you Hyun Joong oppa.” “No problem Gyuri. I already closed down the place so you guys can just recover here. Just locked the door after you leave.” The owner said as he served them then went back to finish the last parts of closing up. Gyuri smiled at him.

 

“So has anyone heard from Nicole?” Gyrui asked but from the faces she saw around the table, she already knew the answer. She sighed before she turned to Doojoon “Did everyone else make it out okay?” “Doojoon nodded his head while he was on his phone texting a few people . He looked up after the last text.

 

“Hyunseung is is with Hyuna and her group along with some of the back up dancers. He said that they are okay and he is making sure they all get back home safely. I have been checking on the others and most of them already made it back. The only one I have not heard about is Nicole.” He said while a frown grew on Gyuri’s face.

 

“Did anybody see her or go with her?” Doojoon shook his head “Everybody made it out before her as she acted as a distraction. So no one saw where she went or even if she got away.” Gyuri was now starting to get frustrated. “Why is it whenever I am worried, it is always about NICOLE! Aish...this girl.” She started to rub her hand over her face.

 

“I am sure she is fine Gyuri-ah.” Seungyeon said while reaching a hand over to calm her down. “You have nothing to worry about. Cole-ah is able to take care of herself even though it doesn’t look like she can.” “But that is the thing unnie.” Seungyeon turned her head to Hara with a look of confusion.

“She is able to take care of herself she still worries us. She does things that we normally would not expect from her. Evidence with how tonight went.” Hara then put her head down. “The things she does and the stuff she doesn’t tell us always worries me. I am suppose to be her best friend yet I don’t know where she lives, who her parents are or that she even knew how to dance and play the violin like she did tonight.”  Junhyung drew her close as she started to get emotional.

 

“I asked my friend that works in the force and he said that they did get a report about SM ART but no charges are being filed because no perpetrators were caught.” Doojoon looked towards “So odds are she got away.” Gyuri relaxed a little after hearing this but still was a little tense.

 

“Hara is right though. Though Nicole we care about Nicole, there are still things we do not know about her. Major things that just makes me more worried when I think about her.” She took a deep breath. “I know she cares about us just as much as we do her, but I can’t help but feel that what she is not telling us is hurting her.”

 

“I don’t want to force her but...I feel that the only way for us to not worry for her and for her own safety is if we find out what she is hiding.” Seungyeon looked at her. “I don’t think that is a good idea. Her se…” “I agree with Gyuri-unnie” Hara cut her off causing Hammie to look towards her. Then they all turned to the maknae. Jiyoung was looking at Gyuri. “I...I agree also.” Seungyeon just shook her head but did not want to fight it. She knew that she also wanted to know a few things.

 

“Not to in... but are you sure Gyuri?” Doojoon asked “I just… I can’t do this anymore. Half the time I am stressed because of worry. With the competition coming up and now those spoiled brats targeting us, I just want to make sure that she is okay.” Doojoon nodded. “She is part of your group, so I will just leave it to you. Just...make sure she doesn’t get hurt.” Everybody nodded to this.

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

“I am so sorry Yuri-unnie” Nicole said after giving her a new blouse to change into. “I didn’t mean to cry all over you.” “Its okay. You needed it. Nicole. Though the song calmed you down and helped you relax. You always had a beautiful voice.” Nicole blushed. “ I am a bit thirsty, do you mind getting me some water.”  Nicole nodded and quickly got up to head to the kitchen to get her her water.

 

Yuri sat by herself in the living room. She closed her eyes and bowed her head down. She took a deep breath before letting it all out. This allowed her body to relax for a bit. She opened her eyes to see her phone lying in her lap. She was in conflict with herself about what she wanted to do next. After a few moments she grabbed her phone and sent a text out.

 

She let out a breath that she was holding but still her body remained tensed. Her heart started beating fast and something inside her started to feel uncomfortable. “UNNIE!... Whats wrong?...Its okay I am here.” Yuri did not notice that she had slumped down to the floor and that Nicole was right next to her. When she saw Nicole, the dam broke and she started to get hysterical.

“NICOLE I AM SO SORRRY….I I….I can ...cant take it anymore” “Its okay” :NO IT IS NOT OKAY. OPP...OPPA ...NO YUNHO-SHII LEFT ME. HE DID NT CARE FOR ME.” “That is a lie. Oppa loved you so much.” “THEN WHY DID HE LEAVE ME. HE LEFT WITHOUT SAYING BYE. HE BROKE MY HEART” Nicole was trying to calm her down but it seem to not be working. It was at this moment that the doorbell rang which got Nicole even more confused. Who could be visiting her this late. Hopefully not the Landlady.

 

“Unnie..I am going to be right back.” Nicole rushed away hoping to return as fast as she can. SHe went and opened the door to see a maid at the door. She was confused even more when the maid handled a bundle to her and then quickly ran away. “WAIT...WHAT IS THIS?!” She yelled after her but then was startled when she started to hear crying from the bundle. She looked down to see it was a baby boy. She also could still hear Yuri in the living room and decided to try and see if can calm down Yuri first.

 

“UNNIE...I need your help. Someone just handed me this baby.” Though when Yuri heard this Nicole noticed that she started to cry even harder. “I A...AM SOOOO SORRY NICOLE …..PLEASE TAKE CARE OF HIM…” “Take care of him? Who?...wait… Is he YOURS?” Yuri only nodded her head. “Do...does that mean…..Who’s the father?” Yuri looked away and Nicole looked at the boy. She could already see that he resembled someone she once held dear.

 

“Does he know?” Nicole didn’t get an answer. “Yuri… Oppa has a right to know he has a SON.” The whole time the little boy was crying from all the noise but Nicole tried to comfort him. Yuri just started shaking and Nicole decided to get closer. “Unnie, why di…” “I can’t face him. He left and didn’t want anything to do with me.” “Thats a lie” “No it isn’t. I...I tried to raise yunyong by my..myself but ...he looks so much like him.”

 

“I ...I started to re...resent him and I can’t. I can’t resent my own son but I do.” Yuri’s tears flowed even more down her cheek. “I am sorry Cole but… but I am leaving him here.” “Bwoh!” “A child should not have a parent that resents them. I… I am a horrible mother. I am so sorry for this Nicole.” At this time Yuri jumped up and dashed out the door. Dashing out the door and out of her son’s life. Nicole was still in shock but the little boys crying brought her out of it.


 

“SHhhhhh. Everything is going to be okay. Aunty…. I’m an Aunt…..Aunty is here now. And she going to take care of you.” Nicole knew that it was wrong of Yuri but she could not keep her mind on her. Nicole felt with the baby and Yuri because of her own relationship with her parents. Nicole also could not help but feel love and lucky because of this chance. The baby quieted down for a bit till he fell asleep. “Yunyong…. thats what Yuri said. Well Yunyong, its you and me against the world.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

“Are you okay Miss?” Yuri was in the back of her car as her maid was driving her away. “T...Thank you for this  Dani.” The maid just smiled and turned her attention back on the road. Even though there was no answer to her question, she knew her mistress needed some time.

 

Yuri just stared out to the star filled sky. She had planned this after she saw Nicole earlier. She felt a bit of guilt but also relief at the Yunyong getting the chance of having someone to love them. Though she knew she had to explain more to Nicole but she will worry about that at another time. She just wanted to curl in herself but something pulled her to look to the night sky.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

The starry night sky was beautiful but it was even better if you had a eagles eye view. Seeing the sky painted over the sparkling lights of Seoul and its buildings was just serene. The gentlemen capturing the moment was quietly sitting in the private jet until one of the flight attendants stepped up.

 

“Mr. Jung, we will be landing in a few moments.” “Please just call me Yunho, Mr. Jung is my father.” He smiled at her which was returned. “Okay Yunho-shii, can I get you anything else.” He shook his head and turned back to looking out the window.

 

His thoughts drifting to his family hoping they are all doing well. He did not make much effort to keep in touch and he feels bad about it but was sure everything was good. He then started thinking about his dongsaeng and hoping she was good. He regrets leaving her on her own but now he was back. Hopefully everything would be okay.

 

Though now his thoughts started drifting to something else. Hoping the girl that he always saw in his dreams was still full of joy. He regretted leaving her the most and their last night together tore him apart. No matter what, he swore that he was going to keep her in his life from now on. He needed his heart and she holds it in her hands. Hopefully he would be able claim hers.


 

To be continued……

 

First hopefully you guys like it and as a treat I made it longer than I wanted. Sorry for the Yuri part, I kinda rushed it and I don’t feel good about it. It did not turn out the way I wanted but I need to get it out. Also during the singing part, if you get confused, it is a duet by Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton. What I envision is that Yuri is first singing it and Nicole sings it out also. Ironically the other Jung sisters are singing it as well with Yuri and Jessica sharing parts and Nicole and Krystal the same. The scenes are their past memories of events.

 

The Kara part is just setting up for the future but the girls will learn it won’t be that easy. Nicole’s life is getting more complicated and I hope you guys do not get irritated at it. I will go through more of her life in the future chapters.

 

I am so sorry for not updating in a long time. I just have been so busy. This is my last semester in college and I am getting ready for the real world. Also, even though I got most of the plot thought out already, I lost my muse and motivation. I have lost touch with kpop and its culture only dabbling in it here and there. So sorry. So since ASZCOLE got it right, here is your treat other than the longest chapter I have ever written, two previews for the future of the story.


 

Previews

 

1__

 

Say something, I'm giving up on you

Mmmm...

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you

Oh, no...

Anywhere I would have followed you

Ohhh...

Say something, I'm giving up on you

 

“I can’t believe it. There she is, right in front of us.” Krystal moved to run towards her but someone grabbed her arms. She turned around to see who. “Yunho-oppa Wae.”

 

“You are just going to startle her and scare her away. Be patient. Plus she needs this and so do we.” Krystal was confused for a bit until she looked towards Jessica to see her eyes in a daze staring at Nicole on stage. Tears fell from her unnies eyes and she understood. She turned to see the performance getting lost in it as well letting the water travel down her face.


 

And I...

Will swallow my pride

You're the one that I love

And I'm saying goodbye

Whoa oh oh…

 

Say something, I'm giving up on you

 

‘I am so sorry Nicole. Oppa is here now.’ He looked at her and saw how stunning she has become. He then took a glance at the bar to see someone he knew. ‘Jaejoong’ went through his mind before he joined his sisters in getting lost in the music. All did not notice as their voices joined together in harmony.


 

Say something...


 

Say something…


 

2__

Nicole was standing in front of the mirror admiring her dress. Today was the big day and hopefully all goes well. She started to feel nervous but did not know for whatever reason. Everyone was suppose to be happy and she couldn’t be sad.

 

“Nicole.” She turned around and smiled at the guy standing there in the doorway. She turned back towards the mirror to make sure her make up was ready. “How is everything going, hopefully oppa is not too nervous. He is getting married today.”

 

He ignored her and decided to just come out with what he was going to say. “Nicole...saranghae.” “I love you too.” She smiled at him and he shook his head. “Such a carefree naivety” He whispered. “No I am in love with you...dammit Nicole, I have always loved you…. You just don’t remember but I am going to change that.”

 

He took a few steps towards her and hugged her towards him. “I don’t care if I ruin the wedding. I am not going to lie no more.”



 

There you go. Please comment and give me critiques. Tell me your thoughts of how it is and what you think will happen. If you have any ideas then I am all ears.

 

Also a treat for solely ASZCOLE. Give me two pairings with Nicole and the basics of two plots and I will write  two one-shots for you. PM me and I will get it out within the next month. Till next time. ALOHA