Chaos in the Dance

Past Affairs

Chapter 9 part 1

Chaos in the Dance

“WHERE is SHE!” Gyuri was furious with the no show of the last member of their group. They worked so hard for the night and Gyuri did not want all the work they pulled off to be a waste. Her eyes were narrowed and she was starting to huff. Though she tried to control her anger so that she did not attract any unwanted attention.

 

She then the rest of her group and saw that Jiyoung was trying to call Nicole again while Hara had Junhyung comforting her because the girl was worried about her friend. Seungyeon was by Gyuri's side also looking at her phone while also looking up to see that no one else was paying the group any attention. They were off to the side close to the center of the ballroom.

 

“If it comes to it, we will just have to rearrange the routine so that we...” Gyuri trailed off as she noticed the whole room was quiet. The others also noticed and the whole group became curious on why and turned to see the reason. They found that most of the crowd were all focused on a figure that was descending the stairs.

 

The figure climbed down the stairs in a pure white dress and her mask was hiding her identity to the mass. What captivated some of the mass was that the figure walked down the stairs with the confidence of a model. The figure paused and their head moved to take in the entire room before continuing on down. The lights of the place shining and reflecting off her dress and smooth skin to just magnify her beauty. The girls wanted to get a closer look but then the figure sunk into the crowd disappearing from their view.

 

“I wonder who was that?” Hara said after a few moments of silence. “Must be someone important to get the whole place to quiet down.” Everyone nodded full of curiosity. Gyuri then shook her head and started to speak again. “Like I said, we may need to change up the routine a bit to accommodate that Nicole is a no show.” She said with a scowl on her face.

 

Just when they were about to start talking, someone cut them off. “Sorry for being late but I had something really important to do.” The figure that was on the staircase came up to them. It took the group a small time to recognize that it was Nicole behind the mask.

 

“Unnie!” Jiyoung screamed while latching onto Nicole who was laughing. Hara came up to her also giving her a hug. Seugyeon came up to the hug fest with a smile while Gyuri stepped up beside her. “I told you she would be here. She would not let us down, after all, she has been working hard for tonight.” Gyuri just nodded her head and walked up to Nicole.

Nicole smiled at her unnie and was about to greet her and Gyuri reached out with one of her hands.

 

“OUCH!” Nicole said while rubbing her arm where it was now red where her unnie had pinched her. “That is what you get for being late.” Gyrui then brought the girl into a hug. “You always have to make me worry over your. Dont you Cole-ah?” Nicole just hugged her while the rest of the group also decided to have one big group hug while the guys were off to the side.

 

They then pulled apart and started chatting. “Nicole you look fabulous.” “Where did you get that outfit?” “You sure know how to make an entrance. The whole room was quiet because of you” “How did you get in?” There were so many questions being shot at Nicole that she started to get nervous, and even more when she noticed that people around them were now starting to look at them. She put her fingers to her lips and then blew, whistling to get the girls attention.

 

“Sorry about that, they are just very energetic” Nicole said addressing the people that was looking at them. She then turned to the group who were now a bit embarrassed. “I think we should split up so that we do not draw too much attention to us?” Aiming Gyuri the question and the leader nodded her head. “I think that is a good idea, what with what just happened splitting up will bring less attention to all of us but we should partner up with Nicole going with me. So I can keep an eye on her and make sure she does not get into any trouble.”

 

Nicole pouted but agreed with her. Seungyeon went off with the maknae while Hara went and grabbed her boyfriend to go and explore around. The others went out and mingled into the crowd. Gyuri was holding Nicoles arm in hers while they went around the floor talking.

 

“So what really took you so long?” “Gyuri asked staring at the girl who eyes were aimed towards the floor. “My aunt,” Nicole decided that her unnie deserved the truth on this matter. “The one who gave me this dress...she... a few months ago...my aunt was involved in an accident.” Gyuri knew that Nicole was struggling and was now starting to regret asking.

 

“A drunk driver had hit her car while she was on her way to visit me and she was put in a coma.” Nicole drew in a breath. “She was my mom when my own mother did not act like one. She had no kids of her own so she always saw me as her own. So when she got me this, I promised myself that she would be the first to see me in this dress. So I went to visit her at the hospital before coming in here.”

 

“How did you get in here?” Gyuri said trying to change the subject so that Nicole would not be stuck on the depressing information. Nicole then grinned up when this question was asked. “I told you I would find my way in. I know someone that allowed me to go in..and I am not telling!” Nicole then let go of and ran off away from the goddess that was now fuming a bit.

 

Nicole then ran into someone when she was not paying attention. “Mianhae” She looked up and was a bit shocked to see who it was. “Eunkyuk..shi” Nicole added the shi to be formal a bit. “Oh...So a pretty lady like you knows my name yet I believe I have never come to learn yours.” Eunhyuk smiled at her. “Omo, I am sorry. Jung Yongjoo is my name” Just then Gyuri was able to capture her. “and this is my unnie... Neung Keum” Nicole knew that she messed up on her own name but at least she came up with a good one for Gyuri.

 

Gyuri was confused why Nicole called her Neung Keum but then understood once Nicole introduced the guy in front of them. Gyuri then started to admire the guy in front of her and felt a smile crossing her face when she heard what he said. “My, two lovely young ladies and yet there seems to be nobody else escorting you. You mind if I accompany you.” Eunhyuk said with his eyes on the new comer.

 

Just when both girls or rather Nicole was about to reject the offer they were interrupted by the sounds of “Oppa” and “Hyung” As they saw two girls and two guys approaching them that captured their attention. “Where have you been oppa?” One of the girls asked that shocked Nicole for a while that she accidentally whispered “Yuri-unnie?” that did not go unnoticed by the girl.

 

Yuri, the girl in question, turned to Nicole with a curious gaze. “ I am sorry but have we met before. You kinda look like someone I think I knew.” Nicole broke out of her shock and shook her head. “I am sorry, it is just I have heard of you around the school. You and I believe Seohyun-shi and here” The other girl nodded when Nicole faced her “are part of the So Nyuh Shi Dae , the best girl group that SM Art has to offer.”

 

“ I admire you girls.” Nicole smiled happy that she was able to cover up but was nervous when she could see Gyrui giving her a questioning stare. “By the way I am Jung Yongjoo and my friend here is Neung Keum.” She then turned to the guy. “I am sorry though I do not know you two.” She bowed her head even though she knew who the two guys were.

 

“No problem, I am Kyuhyun and this is Siwon. I guess that Super Junior is not as great as Girl's Generation.” Kyuhyun said with a pout. “Speak for yourself maknae, she already knew my name before you all showed up. Anyway, Yongjoo-shi. Are you perhaps have any relation to those of Jung International or Jung Jessica and Jung Krystal?” Eunhyuk said turning to her.

 

“I am sorry but no. Jung is a very common name and I have no relation to those two.” Nicole said a bit nervous. She was then pulled into more conversations with the small group even though she had tried so many times to excuse herself and Gyuri. Surprisingly Gyuri had a different opinion and was actually joining the conversation willingly to Nicole's ire.

 

“There are a few guests from the Forbes list here at the event tonight.” Eunhyuk said while taking a look up at the second floor. “ The school must really want to make a good impression on them.” “Yeah the dean has been trying to make sure this event goes without a hitch. I mean the Dean has been on Hyoyeons case about the 'Shattered Dance'.”

 

“Ha! don't get me started on that damn project. Hyoyeon has been riding on me and everyone else that is suppose to be dancing it. I don't know why they are worried about it. The 'Shattered Dance' is a tradition in this school and has been a part of it since the beginning.” Eunhyuk said with a shake of his head and gave off an exhausted sigh.

 

“Come on Oppa, don't get on Unnie's case like that. She has been working hard to make sure it is as perfect as it should be.” Seohyun came to Hyoyeon's defense and was pouting at her oppa. “Don't worry Seohyun-ah. I am not talking ill of her. It is just that if she stresses out too much, she will only make herself sick.”

 

Seohyun was still pouting now and was about to say something when someone interrupted her. “Eunhyuk-oppa! Donghae-oppa!” A voice shouted that made Nicole's eye's widen and was frozen in her spot. “There you two are. I've been looking for you everywhere. We have an emergancy!” A girl ran up to the group and was now out of breath.

 

“What's wrong. Is everything okay?” Eunhyuk said while holding her while she was catching her breath. She shook her head and said “It's Hyo-unnie.... s-she started to break into hives. She cannot perform anymore.” The group was shocked while Seohyun was now glraing at Eunhyuk who was nervously smiling at her.

 

“Unnie? Why are you glaring at Oppa?” Seohyun ws about to answer her but Eunhyuk interrupted her. “Dont worry about that but who is replacing Hyoyeon?” “That's the problem, we have no one to replace her and she is one of the best ones.” She then took a glance around at the group. “Yuri-unnie, can you take her place. I know you are one of the best dancers also.”

 

“Sorry Krystal, but I am still recovering and can't.” Yuri paused then turned her head. “Although we could try asking these two girls that we have just met if they can do it.” Yuri turned fromed the now revealed Jung to look at the other Jung in the group. “ Keum-shi, do you know the routine or at least the basics for the 'Shattered Dance'?” Gyuri shook her head although Yuri was not looking at her. “What about you...Joogie?” Yuri said.

 

Nicole was spacing out at the moment and didn't know what was asked but she heard her name being called. “Yes” She said without realizing what she did. Krystal then raced to her side and grabbed her hand and started pulling her away from the group with a smile on her face while Nicole had on a confused expression.

 

“Well I guess we should be going also seeing as it is about time for the act.” “I think I will go with you.” Yuri said while following Eunhyuk and Donghae. As they were leaving Seohyun posed a question. “I thought her name was Yongjoo. Where did Joogie come from?”

 

Gyuri was by their side and was worried about what Nicole had gotten herself into. She then slipped away from the remaining three people and rushed to see if she can find the others and figure out what to do from there. She had her eyes narrowed and suspicious as she went over what just happened.

 

Nicole's POV

 

My whole body was in shock because I was being pulled by my little sister. Seeing her brought turmoil to my thoughts. “How have you been?” “Did you guys miss me” “Do you hate me for being selfish” “Are you happy” were a few of the thoughts in the hurricane that were my thoughts. While my mind was in chaos, my body was totally numb. I could not feel any part of my body as I was being pulled to somewhere I did not know.

 

I then felt even more panic as my little dongsaeng yelled “Unnie” I knew who that shout was aimed at and my mind filled with terror as the chaos it had become grew. Though the connection between my mind and body was severed due to the shock, my body did not give away to any of my emotion but it felt as if I was a rag doll being dragged away.

 

'Come on Nicole, calm yourself. You knew one day that you would see them again. Though they dont know it is you. Which is a good thing and you need to maintain that.' I said to myself and started thinking of positive things to try and calm myself. Then my thoughts went to my friends and from there I remembered that they are counting on me. So I needed to control myself.

 

Krystal ran to Jessica-unnie and pulled me to her side and began to talk. “Unnie I found someone to replace Hyoyeon-unnie.” Jessica then turned her icy glare towards me which made me shiver but I was able to calm myself again as I thought of my friends...no my sisters. 'Gyuri-unnie...Seungyeon-unnie..Hara-ah...Jiyoung-ah' I repeated their names through my head while picturing them in my head.

 

“So my sister here says that you think you are good enough to take Hyoyeon's place. The best dancer and the one that was suppose to lead us. What is your name anyways.” I paused for a moment because I was still nervous and this question only made it worst.

 

“Her name is Jung Yong. Don't worry Sica. I know she at least knows the basics and will pull it off so don't worry.” My savior came up to my side and I smiled at her. I could see Jessica smiling at Yuri but when she looked at me, she gave me one of her icy stares. I remained unaffected by her gazes now that my mind was calmed down. I just stared back at her blankly before smiling at her which to my surprise, she dropped her gaze.

 

“Uh what am I doing here again?” I said smiling at Yuri while posing the question. I really did not know what I was doing here. “You volunteered to replace Hyoyeon on the 'Shattered Dance'. Don't worry, I know you can do it.” I was a bit shocked because I do not remember ever agreeing to it but for some reason I just let it go.

 

I did know the dance because ironically, Yuri-unnie was the one that taught me the dance. I always wanted to perform this and a part of me could not let this chance slip away. That part of me some how blinded me into agreeing to help. “Of course I would be honored to dance it. It is a privilege to be a part of it.” I said what was really on my mind and saw a few people smiling at me.

 

“Okay then here is a fan and we are headed out now.” Jessica said while walking away. I looked at the pure white fan in my had and I opened it to see small silver butterflies designed on it. Then I was again pulled by my arm towards the dance floor in the center of the hall. I looked back at Yuri who was smiling at me as I was being dragged away.

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

Okay right now I am working on the dance part. I was gonna put it all together but felt that the page would be too long if I did. So I decided to upload the converstaion part first which I just finished half an hour ago. I am working on the Dance and hopefully will have it up no later than tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

 

P.S. I had what Nicole is wearing in links in ch 8. I did not know the pics did not come out so I put up the links. If you want me to put down what the other girls are wearing, I can try to figure it out.

 

P.P.S. Does anyone know who can make a poster for this fic for me. I really want to put one up. Thanks.