Nightmare

Past Affairs

Chapter 7 Nightmare

Nicole's POV

 

“YongJoo!! Dinner is ready. Come eat.” A voice shouted through the halls. I raced down the halls from my room and went straight to the dinning hall as fast as my 12 year old body could take me. “Omma” I screamed as I hugged her and gave her kiss on her cheek. She was sitting down at the table with the rest of the family.

 

I raced around and sat next to between Yunho-oppa on Omma's right side. “Hey there dragonball.” Oppa said as he reached over and messed with my hair. I slapped away his hand and pouted. He just laughed and tried to do it again and I again slapped. Next things I know I am in a small fight with my brother with him trying to ruffle my hair and me slapping his hands away. Suddenly a carrot was thrown at Yunho's face that hit him right in the middle of his forehead.

 

I started to laugh while he turned to see who threw it. “OPPA, you are so MEAN to unnie.” I laughed as my 11 year old little sister was now defending me from our brother. “What's it to you BRAT!” We all knew he did not mean it but like always, someone else has to say something.

 

“Hey now! Don't go picking on someone that is smaller than you and she is right. You are being mean. So leave them alone.” Jessica-unnie said ending with her icy glare while coming to our rescue. My parents were just smiling already use to their antics. They decided to end the fighting when the food got involved in their fight with it flying all over the place.

 

“That is enough! You kids are just going have us starve after wasting all this food. Now apologize to each other.” Appa shouted to try to get us to stop acting up. We all turned to each other with our heads down but with full blown smiles on and said sorry.

 

“Oh great, it looks like you kids did waste all the food.” Appa continued after our sorry fest. We looked down to see most of the food all over the table. There were kimchi all over the table mixed in with the rice. The chicken was all over the room and we could see some food stuck in all of our hairs. The four of us really did put our heads down in embarrassment this time.

 

“Since we lost our dinner and it would take too long for the cooks to cook another meal, how about we go out to eat.” Omma suggested and we all happily agreed. We got up to race towards the cars but were stopped by our mother. “Wait one minute . You are not going out looking the way you all are. You are going to first go get cleaned up and then we will go out.”

 

We all grumbled and followed along with what we were told to do. I had to go change my clothes so I went back to my room. It was weird because when I had entered the room, it was cold and dark. It felt depressing in my room and I was starting to get scared. I just quickly changed my clothes and decided to hurry out the door.

 

It got even more weird when I was looking at all the family pictures in the hallway. I started to notice when I passed them by that there was no pictures of myself. I am not trying to be selfish or conceited but there was not a single photo of me in them. They were all of everyone else but me. It got even more weird when it looked like the family was getting older to the point where it looked like Oppa already graduated and was on his way to college. Jessica and Krystal looked like they were twins smiling.

 

I broke into a run when I came to the family painted portrait when I didnt see me in. This was only scaring me. “OMMA... OPPA, UNNIE.” I started yelling while looking for my siblings. “KRYSTAL, APPA!” I raced down the stairs. “WHERE ARE YOU?!” I then ran out of the mansion thinking they might all be waiting at the car for me.

 

I saw them all in the car and tried to run faster when I was shocked to see the car taking off without me. I raced and screamed to get their attention and get them to stop. The car just took off while I ran after it. I chased it even when it went out of the gates all the way to the road. I tried to keep up but the car was going too fast and it got worst when I had tripped. I tumbled down and scraped my arm on the road.

 

I was able to sit up and look up and see the car disappear in the distance. My own family had forgotten me or was it that they did not count me as family. My eyes watered not from the physical pain I was feeling but because of being forgotten. I huddled on the road but then I heard a ringing noise. I did not know what it was but it was starting to be annoying. I decided to turn around and see what it was and found a bright light shining in my face. The last thing I knew was that light.

 

END

 

I shot right up out of my bed with sweat dripping down my face and trying to capture my breath. I had a hard time trying to breath and was shaking from that nightmare I had. I need to remember that nightmares like those never happened. They would not deliberately forget about me and I need to remember that. I had to get a hold of myself and then went to the the drawer that was beside my bed and grabbed the notebook that was in there.

 

I started to write a letter to my family. This is what I did when it became to hard to be without them but I made the right choice to leave. I have been doing this ever since I first ran away. I started to write even with my hand still shaking.

 

Dear Family,

 

I hope you are all doing well. Right now I am sitting in my bed thinking of you guys. I had a nightmare again but I know writing this will make me feel so much better.

 

Krystal, you have grown so much since I last saw you. You may not have seen me but I at least saw you. I sometimes wonder how you all are doing. Especially yesterday, I felt the pain in my heart the most. I am happy to see that you are doing good.

 

I hope the rest of you all are doing well also. The dream started off well where we were all a happy family when I was young. Before life got too hard and some how I got lost and slipped through cracks of your guys lives. I again apologize for how things turned out but I am living a happy and healthy life and hope you all are doing the same. I am not sure if Oppa is back or talked to you guys. If he has I hope you all tell him that I do not blame him for forgetting me.

 

I hope you all stay strong and live a good life.

 

With deepest love and sorrow,

 

Nicole

 

I was able to stop shaking and calm myself but I could not stop the tears from traveling down my face. I closed the notebook that were full of unsent letters to my family and put it back in the drawer. I turned off the alarm that was still ringing and got out of the blinding sunlight that was right in my eyes. I got out of bed and went to get ready for school.

 

 

I was walking to school not paying attention to anything around me. I was almost at the school and lucky enough was not late today. “Unnie” I looked up to see Jiyoung running towards me with a mix expression of happiness and worry.

 

“Jiyoung-ah! What is with the expression on your face?” I asked her a bit confused. “Unnie, someone trashed the school last night. They broke in and now the whole school is destroyed.” I was shocked. “Well not completely destroyed but someone tagged all over the walls and a few of the windows are a bit broken. It is a total mess and since the faculty do not think it is safe because they do not know the whole list of damages. They decided to cancel school for today.”

 

Now I knew why she was happy, because of now school but also worried because someone decided to vandalize our school. “Everyone else already went to do things and are waiting for us. I decided to wait for you to tell you.” She was smiling now and reached over to grab my arm. I could not help but smile at the maknae of the group. We were interrupted when her cell phone rang.

 

Yapaseo... Ne...” She gasped right after that. “Where?... Are they okay?.. I am with Nicole-unnie and we will be right there soon.” She hung up the phone with a grim face. I was really worried now. “Jiyoung who was that? Are you okay? Whats going on?” She started to drag me while I was questioning her to figure out what was happening.

 

She dragged me into a cab with both of us out of breath. “To the hospital please” She yelled to the cab driver as we settled down and tried to catch our breath. I turned to her after I caught my breath. “Now will you answer me? What is going on and why are we going to the hospital?” I was really worried. “Did someone get hurt.”

 

She turned to me. “Hara-unnie called. She is with Junhyung-oppa and they are both at the hospital. Someone had caught Dongwoon-oppa and Kikwang-oppa off guard and beat them both up. They are at the hospital with others.” She went quiet after that. I was quiet also because we were both worried for the two.

 

We got to the hospital and raced right out to head through the hospital. We ran until we saw Seungyeon-unnie waiting for us in the lobby. “Hara told me you two were coming and I thought I should show you where their room is at.” “Unnie, how are they doing?” I asked her. She turned to me while still continuing to walk. “They have a few broken bones as well as other injuries but they will survive. Kikwang is awake right now but Dongwoon is still out. They are in the same room.”

 

When we got to the room we raced inside to see how they were doing. Hara and Gyuri were inside with Gyuri-unnie with an unreadable expression on her face. The rest of Beast were there as well as other people from the school. “Kikwang, are you okay?” I asked as I approached him. He smiled “Nothing bad that a kiss from you can't fix.” I smiled and then gave him a peck on the cheek. “What happened to you guys?” I had to ask.

 

Kikwang then went on to tell us what happened. Him and Dongwoon were on their way home when some guys came up from behind them attacked. Dongwoon was first hit with a bat against the back. Kikwang tried to help him but then someone had a metal pipe and got him in the leg. There were about 5 of them and they ganged up on the two. The group was from one of the local gangs.

 

We were all mad at what happened and wished to get who ever did this back. He then started to speak again. “I...They... they...” I reached over and grabbed his hand to show him support. He smiled and then continued to speak. “The gang.. they were hired by the people that were messing with Seungyeon-noona yesterday.” After this statement Gyuri's head shot towards Seungyeon who was quiet and now avoiding her look. “Those people mentioned not to mess with those SM Art people again and to know our place.” Kikwang said to show the reason why he thought it was SM Art group.

 

Woori decided to tell what happened yesterday to everyone else so that unnie could have a break from the glare. After the story was done Gyuri had a furious look on her face. Everyone in the room also suspected the SM Art group to be behind the school incident because it could not just be a coincidence.

 

Gyrui got up and started to pace around. “This cannot go unpunished. They have no right to mess with anyone from our school. Seungyeon, I know you know how to take care of yourself but no one has the right to mess with anyone from our group and think that we are below them.” Seungyeon nodded her head. “They will regret what they did to our boys.” Everyone in the room nodded. “They have no right to look down on us and destroy our school.”

 

“What do you have planned unnie?” I decided to ask what was on everyone's mind knowing that when you angered the Goddess, you should pity who ever will face her wrath. She turned to us with a determined look on her face. We all paid attention to what she had on her mind and I felt bad for SM Art.

 

 

TBC

 

Thanks for reading. Leave a comment for what you think. Sorry if some of you are confused but comment or message me and I will try to clear things up. Thanks for those that have alreay commented.