Making you cry

Past Affairs

Italics  voice through the phone

Chapter 5 Making You Cry

“Mother, Father, anyone home.... Unnie, Krystal-ah. You in your rooms.” Nicole yelled as she entered the mansion. Her voiced echoed around her home but she heard no reply back. Then she heard the door open from her right side and saw that the head butler walk in.

 

“Good evening Ms. Nicole. What are you doing here so early. Are you not suppose to be at young Ms. Krystal's recital with the rest of your family. It should not be done until one more hour.” The butler asked in a monotone voice.

 

“Uh yeah... I wasn't feeling well and so told them I would have a friend drop me off while they stay at the concert hall for the rest of Krystal's recital. Thanks Alfred-shi” Nicole said while bowing and hurrying to her room afterwards.

 

As she got into her room she quickly locked the door and put her back towards the door while sliding down. Her eyes became unfocused as she stared up towards her ceiling. She did not turn on the lights and the sun was already setting, so most of her room was in shadows. As she was staring towards the ceiling, a tear fell down her cheek followed by a few more.

 

“They forgot about me again.” She said to herself while trying to wipe away the tears. She got up and went and sat at her bed while also grabbing one of teddy bears. “Jessica already went ahead and forgot that she was my ride and I had to find my own way back here. Mother and Father most likely dont notice that I am missing at the recital. Not like this is the first time this happened.” Nicole sat there remembering all the times that her whole family forgot about her. She felt so emotional and tears started to flow down her face. She tried to wipe them off because she hated crying or showing weakness.

 

At that moment her phone rang and she grabbed it. She then felt the sadness be washed as she saw who was calling. She hugged the bear closer while smiling and wiping out the last of her tears, then picked the bear up. She said hello but there was no reply. She said hello again but then she noticed that she could hear voices now.

 

“So how is that secret relationship of yours with Nicole?” Said a voice she did not recognize. “Its fine and everything is fine.” The voice of Nicole's boyfriend said but Nicole was disappointed that he said it was fine and also in a casual tone with not much emotion behind it.

 

“But... she is not the one that you really love. I know you, and you are probably using her to get someone else.” The second person said. “It is who, I am wondering you are going after.” Nicole was now hoping the person was wrong.

 

“If it is one of her sisters then you got another thing coming. Girls tend to stick together and man is that an experience.” “Are you talking from your own experience?” He said a bit chuckling. “NO! But seriously I am just giving you advice and also make sure Key does not find out about what you are doing because he will go diva on you.”

 

“I dont have to worry about her sister's because from what she tells me, they dont have a great relationship, if any.” Nicole felt a stab to her heart “Plus Key wont be finding out about this.” He said in a threatening voice to the second. “Hey I am the older one here so dont go threatening me.” The second guy said and took a sigh. “A bit of advice, I know this may seem out of character with me but... dont hurt her too hard. Break it off with her easy and dont let her know that you were just using her. Because I have seen her around and this thing you are doing to her will break her.”

“You never know, you may develop feelings for her and then this situation you have, is will be you just digging up your own grave.”

 

“Dont worry Hyung, I won't fall for her for real” He paused for a bit “and I will try to break it to her easy. Now how are you doing with try...” Nicole hung up at that point not taking it anymore.

 

The pressure of the day just broke the dam and more tears started to flow down her face no matter how much she fought against it. It was just that no matter how much she tried, she could not keep a good relationship with anyone. Having a family that many times forgot about her or just sometimes disregarded her. Loving a person that loved someone else and was just using her. She wanted to forget about all this.

 

She got up and changed clothes into some sweats that she could easily move around in. She went to her closet and brought out a small stereo set and started playing some music. She began dancing hoping that immersing herself into the music and dance would make her forget about her troubles.

 

She spun around her large room while doing some minor twists letting her hands flow through the air. She closed her eyes so she could see more of the music and beat. She did some minor pop and locking that she had seen before. She then twisted into doing a small ballroom routine with an imaginary partner. Then it transformed into her doing a few ballet leaps and then into some other moves she saw some people do. She knew she was not good but it helped express and get rid of all the pain she was feeling. Letting her legs slide or her arms flail into the air made her depression slip through her body and into the air. Her tears were also still flowing down her face and flying through the air as she moved.

 

She was starting to lose all the pain in her until she felt something wrong in her body. She had to stop and rush towards her bathroom. She could not make to the toilet but was able to make it to at least the sink. She started to vomit into the sink.

 

After she unloaded her stomach she had to take some deep breathes to calm herself. She still saw some tears fall from her eyes into the sink. She then noticed a small blade right by her sink. She stared at it for a while before bringing her head up and looking at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were red and puffy. Her face looked a bit aged because of the emotional torment she just went through. Her lifeless eyes showed how she was feeling so helpless in life. Her face was sagged into a frown. She just kept staring at herself in the mirror.

 

FLASH______________________________________________________________________

 

Nicole was now staring at herself in the mirror coming out of the memory of one of the most difficult days she had in the past. The regret she was having about her family earlier and then almost being spotted by her younger sister had made her memories start to come back.

 

“NICOLE!” Her name being called startled her. She turned around to see that Gyuri was calling her and must have been for a while because she had on an irritated face.

 

“I have been calling you for the past few minutes to see if you are ready to get to work.” Gyuri's face then turned to one of concern “Nicole are you okay, you were spacing out for a while there.... and I think that is a tear going down your eyes.”

 

Nicole brought her hand up to feel the wetness and wiped it away. “It is nothing, I just had something irritate my eye and was just thinking about what Ms Park made me do for detention. I will be done in a few more minutes unnie. So dont worry about me.” Nicole turned around to fix her make up and finish getting ready while Gyuri went back out of the employee restroom.

 

Nicole was still staring at the mirror and now was hoping that that will never happen again. She does not want to relive those memories or even lie to her friends anymore.

 

 

TBC

 

I decided that I will reveal some things from Nicole's past through random flashbacks. I got the idea because I was reading another story while also listening to Evanessence Bring Me Back To Life. Hope you like this. Message me or comment me to give me more ideas. Thanks for reading.