Emotional Ending

Past Affairs

Aloha people. I wanted to get another chapter out before my life gets more hectic. With evaluations for my job and finals coming up I am gonna be busy. So updates may take a while but I do know what the chapters are gonna be like. I didnt revise this chapter either because I wanted to get it out.

Disclaimer: I do not own the peole, songs, clips or youtube or anything from Kpop. I just own this story and the plot that I got the idea from different places. So here it is, the next chapter.


Chapter 12 Emotional Ending

Nicole turned around to see who had grabbed her and was a bit surprised to see that it was a security guard. She overcame that shock when the guy had grabbed her left arm. She went into action by spinning around to make sure he does not grab her in a hold. WIth her right hand, she grabbed the arm holding her and twisted it till the guard felt pain to let her go. She then quickly stepped forward to stomp on his right foot.

When the guard’s head came forward to scream, she held up her right arm and palm ed up towards his nose to break it. Once his arms went up to clutch his nose, she grabbed his upper body to bring him down so she could knee him in the gut knocking the guard out as the body dropped down to the floor. Her Aunt suggestion of self defense lessons if she was going live by herself was good advice.

Nicole looked around seeing that everyone was trying to get away but saw a few of her friends had been captured by some of the guards. She was starting to panic but knew she had to calm herself down before something else goes wrong. She then started to look around to see if she could figure something out to distract the security when she saw something by the stage area close to the abandoned DJ set. She made her way over there to initiate the spur of the moment plan she had.

Gyuri was able to pull free and run a bit but turned back when she heard Seungyeon scream. She then ran over there to help her but the  guard grabbed her again. She screamed and slapped the guy in the face. She turned to see that Hyunseung was helping Seungyeon to her relief.  Junhyung was helping Hara get away by punching the guard to the floor. Gyuri then saw that Jiyoung was also safe and was coming to help her but she yelled at her to escape. She also saw that others from their school was still struggling to get out  She was about to slap the guard again when she heard a melody being played.


The stage was illuminated being the only source of light in the whole ballroom but in the center, you could see where the melody was coming from. Gyuri was shocked to see that Nicole was in the center playing a violin. She noticed that the guard was also distracted a bit by the beautiful was Nicole looked and was playing the instrument.

Gyuri did not know what was happening but knew that Nicole was trying to provide a distraction which was working for a bit. Then Nicole started to sing while impressively playing the violin.


You and me
We used to be together
Everyday together always
I really feel
That I'm losing my best friend
I can't believe
This could be the end
It looks as though you're letting go
And if it's real
Well I don't want to know

Nicole was getting lost in the music as her eyes were closed and let the song take her. It has been a while since she touched the instrument in her hand but her hands moved on their own as she was going through the song. Feeling like the music was taking control of her. She was then surprised at when she came to the chorus to hear other instruments accompanying her.

Don't speak
I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me cause it hurts
Don't speak
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me cause it hurts

She turned around so see that her earlier dance partner had along with her cousin and the other two members of their band. She smiled at them because she was grateful that they were helping her. So she went back to immersing herself in the music.

The rest of Nicole’s group was able to successfully leave the area without much harm thanks to Nicole’s distraction.Gyuri was the last to leave but she left with a heavy heart and a prayer that Nicole made it out in the end.

Though when she finally took the last step out, she was filled with peace because she knows Nicole will make it out. Especially because she has a lot of explaining to do to her unnie. Like the dance earlier, her strange behavior and the ability to play violin while singing at the same time let alone knowing how to play violin. Yep, that girl has a future of interrogation coming.

Our memories
Well, they can be inviting
But some are altogether
Mighty frightening
As we die, both you and I
With my head in my hands
I sit and cry

Yonghwa, her cousin was providing some backup singing which she was happy to sing with. Nicole was also now twirling around the stage as she sang and played. Mesmerizing many of the crowd in her enchantment and charms. Though Nicole was trying to get to a certain spot.

Don't speak
I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me cause it hurts (no, no, no)
Don't speak
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me cause it hurts

It's all ending
I gotta stop pretending who we are...
You and me I can see us dying...are we?

She then went on to do a duet of violin with Jonghyun. Both instruments intermingling well with each other for this part of the song.

You and me. I can see us dying.
Don't speak
I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me cause it hurts (no, no, no)
Don't speak
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me cause it hurts
Don't tell me cause it hurts!
I know what you're saying
So please stop explaining

Don't speak,
don't speak,
don't speak,
Oh, la la la la la la La la la la la la
Don't, Don't, uh-huh Hush, hush darlin'
oh I know what you're thinking
And I don't need your reasons
I know you're good,
I know you're good,

The music started to be played softer while Nicole was now standing in one spot with the violin now at her side as she finished off her part vocally.

Hush, hush darlin' Hush, hush
don't tell me tell me cause it hurts
Hush, hush darlin' Hush, hush darlin'
Hush, hush don't tell me tell me cause it hurts

As the last beat was played the performers and Nicole took a bow. Then the whole ballroom disappeared from everyones sight as darkness took its place.

These can be used to try and help you imagine the song they performed with the violin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQF8ZQm5z9o (guy playing it on the violin)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eqWLFHODMk&feature=related (violin acoustic version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8kirZgxTpE (No Doubt Live)

Nicole had made her way to the power switch and was able to turn it off sending the whole place into pitch blackness. She then made her escape by finding the hidden entryway for the staff. Her brother had shown her it for the times he wanted to ditch the formal events at the ballroom.

She  felt around for the hatch and snuck out towards where she knew her car was and made her way out.

_______________________________________________________


The lights were turned back on and the staff tried to bring order back to the event. Jessica was looking around as the officials just decided to cancel the rest of the night. She then remembered that she had to meet with her parents and the other VIPs that was with the Dean. First she had to find her sister. She left her boyfriends to find her sister.

“Krystal-ah!” she said calling out her name. She asked some of the people around her if they seen her and they pointed her in one direction. It was then that she heard that she heard the familiar voice shouting “Unnie!” She saw her and ran and hugged her. She then pulled back as she was inspecting to see if she was alright.

“Stop it unnie. I am fine and I do not need you to go hellsica on anyone when there is nothing for you to be mad at.” Krystal pouted seeing her sister turning to glare at her for that remark. “It was chaos with the security guards grabbing many people and I just want  you to be safe.”

“I know but wasn't that performance great! Especially the end where that girl sang that American song. She is really talented to be able to dance, play the violin while also having a great voice.” Krystal rambled while Jessica agreed nodding her head.”That one group must be the top group, the one that started it and was suppose to finish it....Where are we going unnnie?”

“We were suppose to meet up with Omma and Appa before this whole mess.” Krystal nodded her head but then went running off. “Their at the conference room.” Jessica shouted towards Krystal who wanted to race over there and see their parents leaving Jessica smiling behind her. Jessica made her way walking after her until somebody came up to her.

“Excuse me Ms. Jung but do you know who this belongs to?” A staff said and then holding something up to her show her. Jessica looked at it with a bored look but then her eyes widened. She snatched it out of their hands bowing her hand as a sign of thanks and then sped off.   
_________________________________________________________________________

Nicole had parked her car and walked towards the beach that was a ten minute walk from her apartment. She walked and saw that the strip of sand was empty and barren of life. So she walked towards where edge of the water and plopped down. She looked up towards the bright yellow moon shining overhead.

Then the adrenaline rush wore off and she felt all the stress and pressure consume her. Her whole body was tired and sore from the just the past few hours. The memories of the not only today’s events but her distant past coming up and running through her head like a slide show.

Her childhood of being forgotten countless of times by a majority of her family:the day her brother left her and forgot about her: the tragedy of a faux relationship:the lost of a mother figure: secrets from her new family: so many things weighing her down.

All these memories and thoughts came to the front of mind but though there were many negatives, there was also some positives: new friends, a new start, people that care for her. Though not enough, she felt a little better. She knew that it was not good to hold it in and had to let it out. WIthout a piece of paper or pen to write a letter, she decided to do something else.

She closed her eyes and tilted her head up with letting her voice project the sadness she had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AJcuJRLG7U (here is the song)

2 a.m., where do I begin?
Crying off my face again
The silent sounds of loneliness
Wants to follow me to bed

I'm a ghost of a girl that I want to be most
I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well

She let her voice carry over the waters mingling with the air and painting the atmosphere with the color of the waters. She could hear the melody accompanying her voice in her head as if some phantom was playing the piano. The shadows came to life around her dancing a slow dance.

Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can the lonely take the place of you?
I sing myself a quiet lullaby
Let you go and let the lonely in to take my heart again

Too afraid to go inside
For the pain of one more loveless night
But the loneliness will stay with me
And hold me 'til I fall asleep

Jessica was at the moment playing a grand piano inside her home. Letting the sad melody fill the room with her emotions. Regret, loneliness, self-hatred were all being expressed but none more than sorrow. Her hands flew over the keys playing while she knew the rest of her family were in other parts of their home. Her parents in their room and her sister in one of the small studios dancing.  

I'm a ghost of a girl that I want to be most
I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well

Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can the lonely take the place of you?
I sing myself a quiet lullaby
Let you go and let the lonely in to take my heart again

Krystal was practicing her dance movements here with a bit of ballet mixed in with some ballroom dancing. Though she was dancing, her mind was on other things and her mind felt heavy. For some reason she felt a small pressure in her heart. Like there was a seed planted there that was growing into a plant. A plant that casted a shadow of loneliness and depression in the room

Broken pieces of
A barely breathing story
Where there once was love
Now there's only me and the lonely

Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can the lonely take the place of you?
I sing myself a quiet lullaby
Let you go and let the lonely in to take my heart again

(at the same time)
Nicole had finished letting her emotions take life through her words but she could still hear the melody. As if Jessica was there still playing the piano with Krystal finishing up her routine. Jessica’s hands fell heavily on the last keys ending the song while Krystal fell into a heap on the floor.

A tear fell down their faces at the exact time. Nicole’s landing and mingling with the sand, as she looked up at the moon. Krystal’s tear fell to the floor mixing with her sweat. Jessica’s tear landed on the thing that the staff had given her. It slid down the badge revealing the name Nicole Jung Yongjoo  and the picture of her missing younger sister.

____________________________________________________________________________


An hour later:

Nicole had finally made her way into her apartment and was now exhausted. She was about to climb into bed but then she heard a knock on her door. She was hoping that the visitor would leave if she kept quiet but that failed when the knocking continued.

Nicole got up and grumbled as she made her way to the door. She then thought of who it could be. Maybe the complex manager, a lost child... her unnies come to torture her for answers. She was now praying that it was not the rest of Kara come to bug her. She slowly got to the door and opened it without looking through the peep hole because she was nervous.

As she grasped the knob she kept praying it wasn’t Kara. Then she turned the brass handle and turned and looked outside.

Her prayers were answered because it was not Kara...but somebody far worse for Nicole.

“Yongjoo-ah” said the person while Nicole was speechless for a few seconds.

The person smiled  while Nicole finally muttered “U....

To be Continued

 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I really wanted to get this one out and I hope this isn't disappointing. I also hope you guys like my song choices. I came across both in different situations. I am gonna use some Kpop, so dont worry. Have you guys figured out who the band that was playing with Nicole was and who was her cousin? Tell me your guy's opinion of the story, subscribe and comment. Also if someone can guess who is the visitor is correctly, I will give you guys a treat in the next chapter.