Chaos in the Dance part 2

Past Affairs

Ch 9 part 2

Chaos in the Dance: Performance

Sorry, I know that I said I would have this up on Monday but I did not know how long it would take me. Also it is my Spring break this week and I have been distracted by both work and friends. Now here it is.

 

For this part, you are going to have to use a lot of your imagination. I have been researching and watching a ton of videos to make this. Below are only four of the youtube that I used and I had a lot more. I make references to some videos in the story to help you visualize better but the rest you have to do on your own.

 

The songs are 'Someone I used to know' by Gotye or you can try to use the "Walk off the Earth" cover which is good. The next one is 'All the Right Moves' by One Republic and the last one is 'Bust your Windows' by Jazmine Sullivan.

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBQ-YQ6xW8I (Drama dance)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PdGni2_vdc&feature=related (Step up 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEwZIufmafo (tango)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taUfmQL4-w&feature=related (pro tango)

 

 

 

A few moments later I started to feel a bit of the nervousness inside me built up. I looked around me and recognized all the members that were dancing this and my nervousness just grew from there. Even with all of them wearing masks, I could always recognize most of them because they were of the elite. The best and most well known among the school. I saw Taecyeon, Junho and Wooyoung from 2pm and Minho Jonghyun with my best friend from Shinee. I also noticed Eunhyuk and Donghae from Super Junior with Joon and Seungho from MBLAQ.

 

We all were broken up in four lines with the two lines of boys across the floor from the girls. I was in the back line of the girls with Tiffany, Yoona from unnie's group, and Suzy and Jia from Miss A. In the front line was Krystal with Sulli, Hyroin, leader of Sistar, Soyeon from T-ara and Unnie herself. Every one of these individuals, I knew hailed from one of the many groups that were trying to make it big in the music industry.

 

Knowing all these people just made me nervous and I started to look around for a way to escape. It was then that I saw my family in the crowd. I saw the worry in their eyes and remembered that if I leave, I might risk the plan tonight. I did not want to mess it up for them and knew that to make sure the scheme were to be pulled off correctly, I needed to pull off this performance.

 

I repeated my mantra again and smothered the nervousness I had with the confidence I had. I set my right foot a bit in front of my left why bending my knees. I then took the fan and swung it open in my left hand while it was crossing over my chest. A bit of the fan was covering the smile that I had on my face with my eyes gleaming forward. My right hand was tuck behind my back and I just stood there in position waiting for the show to begin.

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you a time honored tradition that has always been a part of SM Art's history. Tonight... those you see before you... will bring to you a dance that has always been a part of our school since the beginning. This dance...” The speaker who I believe is the Dean of the school paused a bit “ represents the pride of our school. Every year the best of our school performs it with small alterations to it and new music. Though the basics and the spirit and dedication of the original still remain.”

 

“Without further ado... may I present to you this years version... of the 'SHATTERED DANCE'” He clapped and most of the lights around the ballroom went out except the ones over the dance floor.

 

As the lights went off around the room, the beat of a guitar started playing with a drum beat. This signaled the performers to begin.

 

Now and then I think of when we were together
Like when you said you felt so happy you could die
Told myself that you were right for me
But felt so lonely in your company
But that was love and it's an ache I still remember

 

I began to walk forward step by step with my arms now at my side and the fan closed. As I went forward the first line of girls and boys met and started to walk backwards. I then reached out my right hand and moved forward till it was directly covering my partner's hand as we mirrored each other. I then turned as we then began walking around in circles as I saw my partner, being Eunhyuk-oppa, smiling at me. We pulled apart and bowed.


You can be addicted to a certain kind of sadness
Like resignation to the end, always the end
So when we found that we could not make sense
Well you said that we would still be friends
But I'll admit that I was glad that it was over

 

His right arm then went to land on my lower back while mine went to his shoulder. His left arm was then positioned behind his back while mine had the fan open covering my my mouth as my head was turned away from his and his eyes still staring at me. We then began to step around as we spun circling around the other couples doing the same thing. (reference 1:00 on the period dance video)


But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

 

We then started walking with him going backwards and me forward. We then stopped abruptly but then we started circling around each other. With both of us going forward until or backsides faced each other and took steps to the side. We then took a step back to come back to facing each other with smiles on our faces. We then started to slide from left to right with are arms stopping us as we grab each others waist while our other had would go up in the air like a wave (1:30-32 on All the right moves.) Until we stopped and our hands that were in the air reached for each other and he started to spin me


Now you're just somebody that I used to know
 

He then brought his arm down and let me go as I spinned towards the side while another guy had caught me. One that I felt a bit uncomfortable with but ignored it. I looked to recognize that it was Taecyeon that had caught me and a small bit of me was nervous but I smothered it along with the other emotions that were rising up. My right arm landed on his shoulder and his left under that arm. My left hand was held up in his right and we spun and waltzed around a bit.

 

Now you're just somebody that I used to know
(If you are listening to the song, I am cutting out the pause that has no vocals)


Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know

 

We then pulled apart with our right and left still holding each other. Then he pulled me back into a dip with my leg rising into the air. He pulled me up and then stepped back and we again we resumed our original position. We then danced around some more until all the couples ended up in a straight line where all the ladies reached out to each other and started to pull back from the gentlemen. We all grabbed the fans to cover all our smiles.


But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
And you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

 

Then the girls and boys ran towards each other passing each other up but before that the girls all threw the unfolded fans into the air. Then circling around them until we came back and I was facing Taecyeon again. I smiled at him and he returned the gesture and was glad to see that he was not disappointed in me being his partner. While I we were exchanging expressions, at the beginning of the line, the couples would shriek back as if they were disgusted and freeze in their poses. Once the last person froze, the lines came back to life and everyone turned to the left with the males right arms over their partner's left arm. Then we started dancing and sliding forward as the lines would split at the end and the members in front would walk to the side to head to the back.

(All the Right Moves 1:36-2:17)

 

When it was the last person, the couples would just start waltzing off. Taecyeon grabbed my hand and we spun around the floor and I started to laugh a bit enjoying this while he smiled wider. He spun me around a few more times and brought me into a dip as the melody and vocals quieted down a bit.

 


[x2]
Somebody
(I used to know)
Somebody
(Now you're just somebody that I used to know)

 

(Before the song even ended another song sprung up that changed the tempo of the dance.)

 

All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places
So Yeah, We're Going Down
They Got All The Right Moves In All The Wrong Faces
So Yeah, We're Going Down

 

I had to prepare myself for this next part because I had to prepare for the foot work as Taecyeon spun me one more time and let me go. I spun in place and then felt someone step up and grab my hand. They held me in place and helped me slow down while spinning one more time for me to move and bend my back backwards while he cradled my neck.


Just Paint The Picture Of A Perfect Place
They Got It Better Than What Anyone's Told You
They'll Be The King Of Hearts, And You're The Queen Of Spades
Then We'll Fight For You Like We Were Your Soldiers

 

He then pushed me up while I took a step forward to turn around to see who it was. My smile widened and my eyes gleamed as I saw who it was. He seemed to be smiling back at me. Then my left hand met his right while my right hand went to his shoulder and his left held onto my side. I then started to move my legs kicking them up in the back while I also was moving my hips from side to side.


I Know We've Got It Good
But They Got It Made
And The Grass Is Getting Greener Each Day
I Know Things Are Looking Up
But Soon They'll Take Us Down,
Before Anybody's Knowing Our Name.

 

Key then spun us around as we stopped and both lowered our bodies closer to the floor. With me facing away from him and allowing my left leg to slide against the floor to the back. While the male diva slid his right leg to the right. When we came back up, we twisted around allowing our feet to make an arc around the ground before we brought it back to stand up straight. When I stood up straight, I went straight back to the tango steps as Key lead me on where to step.


They Got All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places
So Yeah, We're Going Down
We've Got All The Right Moves And All The Wrong Faces
So Yeah, We're Going Down
They Said, Everybody Knows, Everybody Knows Where We're Going
Yeah, We're Going Down
They Said, Everybody Knows, Everybody Knows Where We're Going
Yeah, We're Going Down

 

Key brought me closer to him with his arm now up against my chest he bent me backwards with my hair flying towards the back as I now could see what was behind me and then the next second I moved to lean forward to bring my right leg up behind me. My partner then stepped to the side while raising his left arm in the air while his right held onto me my extended left. I then took a deep breath while maintaining eye contact with him and spun towards him.

 

He caught me while we still held each others eyes but then I brought my left leg up to wrap around his right leg as he then made some more steps in a circle. This carried us in a spin ending with me bending backwards again with him supporting my weight on his right leg. (For this tango part, refer to Take the Lead tango but I moved the routine out of order)


Do You Think I'm Special?
Do You Think I'm Nice?
Am I Bright Enough To Shine In Your Spaces?
Between The Noise You Hear
And The Sound You Like
Are We Just Sinking In An Ocean Of Faces?

 

I propped myself back up and hopped off his leg and landed on my own feet. I then moved my right leg to dance around my left leg with a few kicks. I then turned bringing my back to rest against him. His right hand landing below my right while my right hand overlapped his. Our left hands were now conjoined and we danced to the right with my hips still moving. I then threw my right leg up in the air to make a small arc before it traveled to the ground. He then did one more spin for me to see his smiling face before he pushed me forward to my next partner.


It Can Be Possible That Rain Can Fall,
Only When It's Over Our Heads
The Sun Is Shining Everyday, But It's Far Away
Over The World Is Death.


I was sad to be leaving my friend again but I was happy to be able to dance with him or at least be with him once more. I was so high in the euphoria of this dance and Key that I was not even deterred by my next partner. The charismatic Minho, the boyfriend of my other sister. I concentrated more on the dance and started to tune out everything else to allow my reflexes and dancing instinct to take over.

 

Minho grabbed my hands as we danced and made a few twists. He then lifted his arm as I spinned under it for him to grab my back with his entire right arm. He then lifted me in the air with my legs opening into a split as he his heel to make a twister. His left hand still held onto my other hand as moral support.

 

They Got,
They Got,
All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places
So Yeah, We're Going Down
They Got, All The Right Moves And All The Wrong Faces
So Yeah, We're Going Down

 

He slowed down till my feet touched the ground again and pushed me up to standing position. I twirled around with my arms in the air. I slid my left arm down my right all the way to where it was snaking down my chest. When it came to my hip I kicked my right leg up. While I was doing this Minho kicked his foot once around his other one and went into a spin before stepping up to me. He met me when my leg was high in the air. My hands met his hands while my leg land on his shoulder and then he slid backwards.


They Said, Everybody Knows, Everybody Knows Where We're Going
Yeah, We're Going Down
They Said, Everybody Knows, Everybody Knows Where We're Going
Yeah, We're Going Down

 

He supported my weight with his body and as he moved backwards my leg on the ground was being dragged. I then let go of his hands as I leaned backwards into a back flip with my arms on the ground to support me as my legs made an arc in the air. Minho had stepped to the side to avoid my flying legs but stepped forwards as I landed into the splits.

It Don't Matter What You See.
I Know I Could Never Be
Someone That'll Look Like You.
It Don't Matter What You Say,
I Know I Could Never Face
Someone That Could Sound Like You.

 

He pulled me up into his chest before I stepped back and he spun me around to where we were now facing the same direction with me at his side. Both his and my right hand on the side of my chest while I other hand were entangled. We started to move forward and stopped as I jumped in the air with him supporting me for my two legs to do two high kicks in the air. He then put his right arm on my back while his left went towards the back of my legs. This was in preparation of the lift he did. Where he picked my whole body up and allowed my whole body to roll down one arm, over his head to and down the other arm. (refer to the pro tango 1:21)


All The Right Friends In All The Wrong Places
So Yeah, We're Going Down
They Got All The Right Moves And All The Wrong Faces
So Yeah, We're Going Down

 

Minho was able to stop my roll on his right arm and carried me around for a bit before putting me back down on my feet. Where I then went back to him and danced around him while he stood in the middle straight keeping his eyes on me. As I spun and twirled around him and then went to hug his back. Drawing my right leg up to wrap around his. He then stepped forward pulling along as I was wrapped around him.


All The Right Friends In All The Right Places
So Yeah, We're Going Down
They Got All The Right Moves And All The Right Faces
So Yeah, We're Going Down


They Said, Everybody Knows, Everybody Knows Where We're Going
Yeah, We're Going Down
They Said, Everybody Knows, Everybody Knows Where We're Going
Yeah, We're Going Down.

 

He then spun around and caught me before I could fall. We then started to move from side to side going opposite directions while grabbing onto the other's side to stop us with our other hand going into the air as we spin(All the right moves 3:37-3:401). We did this to move into position with the other couples into two circles. Three in the smaller one inside and the other seven outside circling around the smaller one.

 

I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time seeing who I was in the center circle with. Jessica-unnie and Jonghyun along with Krystal-ah and Key. I then squashed the feeling as Minho then grabbed my left arm raisining it into the air while his other arm stayed tucked towards his back. He then began spinning me while moving along with the other couples that were all doing the same thing. I spun and maintined my balance to also walk while leaving my right hand soar out and my left leg to make arc in the air as I kicked.(2:46-2:51 drama)

 

The inner circle was doing this one way while the outer one was doing it the opposite direction. We then stopped as Minho then picked me up for one more lift with his arms undo my armpits he spun around. My legs first straight opened up to a perfect split and closed once Minho began slowing down. This allowed me to catch myself on my feet and I continued to spin and twirl on my own feet with my back arching backwards and my left hand raised to the sky.


Yeah, We're Going Down.
Yeah, We're Going Down.

(Already the last song was playing as this one ended)
 

 

I bust the windows out your car
And no, it didn't mend my broken heart
I'll probably always have these ugly scars
But right now, I don't care about that part

I bust the windows out your car
After I saw you laying next to her
I didn't wanna but I took my turn
I'm glad I did it ?cause you had to learn

 

Minho had stepped away leaving me to twirl there as my next partner stepped up. I had closed my eyes because reveling in the feeling of dancing in this performance was exhilarating. I could feel my other partner walking around me. I felt his presence along with his eyes and smirk. He then stepped up to me and claimed my flying hand. I then spun one last time before he pulled my towards his chest and my leg wrapped around his, my other arm on his shoulder and my head landed against his chest.


I must admit it helped a little bit
To think of how you'd feel when you saw it
I didn't know that I had that much strength
But I'm glad you see what happens when
You see you can't just play with people's feelings
Tell them you love them and don?t mean it
You?ll probably say that it was juvenile
But I think that I deserve to smile

 

He then positioned my arm with his and we started to move first forward. Then he stopped for me to throw my leg in the air while he leaned the opposite way for me to fall into a dip. I opened my eyes to see the smiling face of Jonghyun. I smiled back at him while overshadowing the emotions that I was feeling with some good memories.


I stood back up from the dip for him to resume the position and he reversed the spin by making me spin him. I laughed at that a bit but decided that right when he stopped his twirl, I did my own as a sort of wave. I ended with my back completely lined up with his body and his face only an inch from touching the side of mine. We then took steps to the side in this pose before he raised our connecting hands and I went through it to let go and run away from him.


I bust the windows out your car
But it don't compare to my broken heart
You could never feel how I felt that day
Until that happens baby you don't know pain
You broke my heart, so I broke your car
You caused me pain, so I did the same
Even though what you did was much worse
I had to do something to make you hurt, yea

 

Jonghyun then grabbed my other arm before I could get any further away from him and tugged on it. I came spinning towards him. Instead of spinning into a dip, his arms went to grab my legs for a lift. My left knee was bent as he supported with one arm there and the other on my rib. My right leg was straight and I spread my arms as if they were wings. He then spun us around.

 

After one spin he stopped and allowed me down for us to come shoulder to shoulder. He draped one arm over mine and we both began to slid backwards with our eyes meeting each other. I then reached for his arms and pulled him to me and got back into the basic position. We then danced around the floor a bit more.

 

 

Oh, but why am I still crying
Why am I the one whose still crying
Oh, oh, you really hurt me baby
You really, you really hurt me babe

I bust the windows out your car


Jonghyun then twirled me around and finished the twirl in dipping me by gently supporting my neck as I bent backwards. He then pushed me back up to where I then ran away from him giggling a bit while he then put on a hurt face. I decided to do a bit ballet leaps and twirls before I turned to see him still standing in the same spot. I ran towards him while he had on wide eyes at my approaching form.

 

He held out his arms and I jumped to where he lifted me up into the air. I felt like a soaring eagle before he tossed me up and I landed in his arms. The song and the performance ended with me In Jonghyun's arms. Before the ending I wrapped my leg around his as I was sliding down him and my chin on his chest while I stared directly into his eyes.

 

I could not help it but looking into his eyes made a tear escape mines. He had his arms wrapped around me and his eyes held confusion. The whole room filled with applause at the end of the performance. I looked around to see that all the couples ended in a freeze. Taecyeon decided to end the scene with a kiss with unnie that they were still in while Krystal was being held in Minho's arms with his hand rubbing her cheek.

 

All the couples ended in close proximity with my two sisters less than two feet away from me at both my sides. I could see Tiffany, Soyeon, Hyorin and Sulli ended in dips around us in a circle while the other three were in the air finishing it off with air lifts. We in a close knit circle that broke out of the freeze to start bowing.

 

I disentangled myself from Jonghyun and bowed to him and the other's before running and disappearing into the applauding crowd. I needed to find the others and rein in the chaos that were my emotions.

TO BE CONTINUED

I hope you enjoyed this part. I know some of you may have been confused and I apoligize for it. Please leave comments becuase I really want to know what my readers really think of my fic. If you have ideas or anything just meassage or comment. Again, does anyone know where I can get someone to make me a poster.