Chapter 1: Morning of Remembering

Past Affairs

The ringing of an alarm went off and a hand slammed down on it to shut it off. Out popped a head full of hair under a few blankets that groaned when looking at the alarm clock. Nicole got out of bed and rushed towards her bathroom to start the day. She pulled her hair into a bun and started to brush her teeth while she kept checking the clock which read 7:45am. She grabbed some clothes and just threw them on while searching for her backpack. When she had her backpack, she went straight to the kitchen and grabbed some cereal bars while racing out the front door of her apartment.

 

Nicoles POV

 

'Damn it, I am gonna be late. Unless I cut through the alley and hop the fence and avoid the hall monitor.'

I came across the alley that would lead behind Seoul High and ran down it. I saw the fence coming up and prepared myself to jump and climb over it. I heard the bell ring while I jumped to half the height of the fence. I braced myself for the landing when I got to the other side of the fence. I made it in and now had to worry about avoiding the hall patrol and getting into class without my teacher spotting me.

 

I crept down the hallway when I jumped from someone grabbing me. I turned around and paled when I saw Onew standing there with a frown in his hall patrol uniform. “Nicole, why are you sneaking around the hallways when you should be in class.”

 

“I woke up late and so I am late for Ms. Park's class.” I pouted hoping Onew-oppa would let me off the hook. He sighed and shooed me away to class. I made it to class with me being 10 minutes late and now had to worry about Ms. Park.

 

I grabbed the door knob and turned it slowly while opening the door just enough for me to get through and crawl to my seat in the 3rd to lat row. I was almost to my seat when I was blocked by a pair of legs in my way. I turned my head up to scowl at who was blocking me when I paled at seeing the scowling face of Ms. Park.

 

“Ms. Jung, why are you crawling on my floor when you should be paying attention to the lesson I am giving.” I cringed when she called my name. “I was just looking for my pencil that dropped on the floor.” I said while smiling “ Detention for not only lying to me but also being late to my class. Now get to your seat Ms. Jung.” I sighed and went to sit at my seat by the window and looked outside the window. I was tapped from behind and two of my friends were asking me what was wrong. Hara had a concerned face and Jinwoon was staring at me mouthing if I was alright. I just shook my head and smiled at them.

 

I did not need my friends worrying about me. They do not know my past and so do not know why I cringe at being called by my surname. I stared outside the window while thinking a bit about my forgotten family and touching my chest where I felt a heart shaped lump. 'Sorry Sicca-unnie and Krytal-ah. I know its been over a year but I hope you guys can forgive me.' I shook my head again to bring me out of my mood and looked forward to pay attention.

 

Jessica's POV

 

It is already 8:00am and I am still sitting in the car waiting for Krystal. We are going to be late if she does not hurry up. I know we don't have class until 9:00 but we still have to be there so that we can get some things ready for latter on. I shook my head and looked at the rear view mirror and I started to forget about being on time for school.

 

Hanging on the mirror was my heart shaped locket. I grabbed it and took it off the mirror so that I could look inside the locket. Inside was a picture of my family. On one side was a picture of my loving parents but on the other side was me and Krystal along with our missing sister.

 

“Nicole, I miss you and hope you are doing well. I am sorry for everything that happened and wish that you did not runaway.” I whispered sadly but then I felt determination flow through me. “So I am going to drag your back to this family and make sure that you get all the love that you deserve, even if you do not want it.”

 

“Her motto was 'Effort does not betray you'” A voice said and I turned to see that Krystal was already sitting shot gun next to me. “So if we put enough effort into it, with the both of us, we will get Nicori-unnie back.” Krystal smiled at me and both of us were under an agreement to get our sister back. With that I drove off to school