Chapter 19

The Rebellious Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19

 

So Eun and I have been friends since my stay in the hospital, as consequence of my accident. If it had not been for her, I would have remained in the state of bitterness in which I remained for a long time.

 

The accident left me unable to continue practicing ballet, which was my dream since childhood, and my grandmother’s also. She wants to see me dancing "The Swan Lake", but that ended because of a drunk driver who hit me when I was going on my bike to the dance’s studio.

 

Day after day, I tried to remember the loose pieces of what happened which made me refuse to talk to people, including my own family. My sister came to see me and to lift my spirits she told me about what was happening in fashion world. Also of how gradually her feelings toward Jae Rim were changing of seeing him more than a friend. But I was absent of her intention of makes me feel well.

 

My mother did the same, explaining me about the progress of the new book that they will publish, and my father about more of the same. For being immersed in the pain of seeing my dreams shattered, I didn’t notice that they were apart. Her marriage was derailing slowly.

 

The only person who was able to open the door that I locked was So Eun. Her friendly smile, and sometimes unsuccessful efforts for making me laugh, were gradually eroding the wall that I had built so that no one bother me.

 

So if she needed me, I will always be there for her.

 

"Mir will understand if I arrive a little late" I said out of the car after parking it across the street of the restaurant.

 

I wait for a car to pass and crossed the street before another one came. So Eun's cousin was sweeping the entrance while his father, a man shorter and who was wearing a beret, was carrying a box of groceries into the restaurant.

 

"Jin Ah!" shouted the boy, dropping the broom. Ran the back of his hand over his face to wipe the sweat, but he finished getting dirtier.

 

"Hello!" I waved my hand to him and his father, who left the door open for me.

 

"So Eun is on the top floor with her aunt" he said

 

"Thank you” I replied and hurried inside. As I already knew the restaurant, I headed to the stairs and climbed the steps two at a time. There were no customers, so I assumed it closed early. Now I was more intrigued by So Eun’s request.

 

Entering the reserved area, I saw her sitting next to her aunt, her head bowed as if she was crying, and her aunt had her arm around her shoulders.

 

My heart sank, to hear her sobbing.

 

"So Eun" I whispered. She lifted the head, her cheeks were wet and her small eyes were a bit red.

 

"You came" he said with weak voice.

 

"Hi Jin Ah" said her aunt "Niece, I leave you with her"

 

When her aunt passed close to me, she smiled as if it was confidence that I would ease the sadness of So Eun. I wait that she goes, and then approached my friend.

 

Her face was pale; it had the hands contracted on her thighs.

 

"What happened" I caught one of her hands, and put between mine

 

"I cannot..." she breathes with sadness “... graduate with you"

 

"I don’t understand"

 

"It came ..." she slipped out from the pocket of her pant, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter