Chapter 12

The Rebellious Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If Mir had kissed me, what would have happened?

 

In this of being kissed I have a few kilometers driven. The first boy who kissed me was at 12, at a summer camp before my accident. We were along the lake, he told me that I was the most beautiful girl of the group, obviously my heart fluttered by his flowery compliments.

 

Honestly I have no good memories of that kiss, he gave me a but someone passed with a jet ski wetting us all, there wasn’t much to say about the impact this could had in my life.

 

The second kiss, was gave me by the boy who was my first love, it happened when I had 16 years old. I met him by So Eun whose cousin was his mate in a youth football team, the first time I saw him I liked it immediately. He was taller than me, with a funny dimple on the chin that made him look interesting. I could talk with him about everything, and he was also very skilled in sports.

 

We kissed in the third date, while we're eating popcorn, watching a movie in my house’s living room, the heroine of the movie told the boy she liked him but would not see it anymore.  We dated for six months; then he went to Spain for a scholarship of a major soccer club. At first he wrote me weekly, after the letters were scarce until one day he sent me the last one saying that he could not continue with me.

 

After I found out by So Eun that he shared certain photos in his Facebook page with different girls, this finished with my illusions of a lovesick teenager.

 

And at twenty, I kissed a guy who just met at a nightclub, he danced so well and I was so drunk that I kissed him without considering the consequences.

 

The truth is that I have been unlucky in love, a forgettable boyfriend and kisses just as forgettable.

 

And here I am, thinking on Mir's lips as pink as orange slices, tasty and juicy to eat in summer. Maybe I was succumbing to his strange and mysterious charm, his way of talking as if hid a secret, worthy of the pages of National Geographic, or his handsome features that sometimes provoked me to touch

 

So my family says that when I was a child, I followed him everywhere

 

"Admit it, Jin Ah" So Eun mumbled, sitting on the carpet of my room with a book open on her lap and a bag of chips she eats nonstop

 

"That I like Mir... that's not good for me" I turned the chair of my desk, where I was sitting for half an hour

 

"Because of your father you cannot refuse to go out with a man you like"

 

"It's not for my father, I've discarded this issue"

 

"So?"

 

"I don't want to get involved with him because I feel apprehensive"

 

"Well, tomorrow you're going to see him again at your sister’s wedding and after reading the manuscript of your grandmother"

 

"Yeah, and I don't know what I will do with him around me. I just thought on his lips as red orange slices"

 

"What about Eric?"

 

"I don't know, he is nice and has the same acid sense of humor as me. But I don't know if I'm attracted to him ... now I just think if Mir likes me or not?"

 

"If he likes you, you will risk going out with him?"

 

"Ahhh...” I seized the pencil from the desk and bit the end. An old habit when I get nervous about something. I didn't want to complicate my life, now less that I've to focus my attention on the manuscript of Grandma and plan what will I do when I finish college.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter