Chapter 17

The Rebellious Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I went into the bathroom to take a shower, but when I turned the tap, the water was so cold that my body was reluctant to enter. So I decided that was better do it after breakfast, after all today is the first day of the two week vacation I have. 

 

I did not stay in bed to sleep a little longer, because I kept thinking in Mir and as we kissed in the garden "I should think then that fantastic creatures, kiss as good or better as any human being" I sighed for how crazy is this thought and again I put on my bathrobe.

 

I did not even get to the third step of the staircase, when I hear my mother calling me. Sure she heard when I the tap.

 

"Good morning" I said watching as she holds her favorite cup in one hand and with the other turned the pages of what looks like a manuscript.

 

"I see that you decided not bathe yet" she says looking up

 

"No" I drag back the chair from the dining room and sat down "I have the day off, so I'm not hurry"

 

I pour some coffee on my cup. Although I do not usually drink and more when I go to college, but now I needed to be awake of the truth I know about Mir.

 

"If it seems that he did not want to give me respite" I said to myself, thinking of the kiss. I took a roll of bread from the basket and gave it a big bite

 

"Jin Ah" said my mother closing the manuscript "Remember to talk to Mir about eviewing the book of your grandmother"

 

"I can do alone" I replied without looking. One thing is that I like Mir, that I'm willing to go out with him, as I would do with other guy, but seeing him almost every day as we work for Dad wasn't the best way to spend time together.

 

"Do not be stubborn" said my mother "Mir is a nice guy"

 

"I did not say otherwise"

 

"So"

 

"It is a kind of fairy, or something, who wants to marry me due to a promise made by my grandmother. Although I admit that I like him, that he is gorgeous in the very best sense. That I like him so much that we finished the night kissing each other, so today I feel my lips somewhat swollen, and I'm covering surreptitiously, so you do not notice it, mom"

 

Sometimes it can be fun to have these internal dialogues with mom watching me thinking I could not stand Mir.

 

She split in a half the slice of banana and throws it into with a piece of strawberry.

 

"You agreed to do it, so you must do"

 

"I know" I muttered and sipped coffee. My body began to absorb the caffeine, I felt more awake and alert not to screw up.

 

"It feels strange, now we are alone" My mother says gloomily, watching the chair always occupied by my sister.

 

She was right; Eun Hye was of the three of us which speaks more during mealtime. In fact was she who had me up to date of entertainment news and fashion.

 

"I miss her too" I stood up and went with mom. I kissed her head and put my arms around

 

"I like when your soft side comes out" She smiles

 

"Just do not mention this in front of Dad, he can take advantage"

 

"That would be bad for you" she tells me fondly. I appreciate that my mother is sympathetic to my personality, so different of my father

 

"We are sad, but I'm sure my sister should be lying on a chair, after getting into the pool of the villa"

 

"What a joy, two weeks of honeymoon"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter