Chapter 01

The Rebellious Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

My grandmother, I was like her; headstrong with what I wanted and determined if I had to fight for it. My passion, since I took my first steps in this world, was the ballet. I practiced till thirteen, but an accident avoided me to follow my dream. I was crossing the street riding my bicycle to go at my daily practice, when a drunken driver hit me from behind and I fell breaking my left leg in three parts. Took me months to fully recover, but even so I was decided to return at the academy despite the protests of my parents. Sadly my legs did not respond as before,  it was as if the muscles had been turned to stone, the gracefulness that I had was not anymore, so painfully I stopped go. I will not see sense to continue even when my heart wanted but my body no.

 

Years passed and when I finished high school, my father insisted that the best option for me was choose a career to be an editor at the publishing company my grandfather founded, and now he as his son was managing, but I said no causing our relationship to this day is somewhat strained. 

 

To this I must add that my parents decided it was best divorce, because according to them there was no love between the two, so this is my present now.

 

I'm one year to get my degree in architecture, after the accident the only place where I could feel peace was the library of the hospital, a place designed by a renowned architect that now was my professor. In my heart if I couldn't make come true my dream of being a dancer, at least I wanted to make something memorable, like see an award building in the streets of Seoul made it by me.

 

My best friend, So Eun chose the same career but she did it after explore on the internet which was the highest paid and architecture was the number one (at that time). We met at the hospital while I was recovering and she was sick with pneumonia, we shared room and I was amused at first when I met her, for the braces that made me difficult to understand it. Since then we were like soul mates, going in the same direction of our goals.

 

"Jin Ah" she said sitting in front of me under the tree we always use for studying or eat "I brought your hamburger with double cheese"

 

"Thanks" I said passing the page of the textbook I was reviewing "I don't understand the mood of some professors that are still bothering us with more projects which are irrelevant, we are a few weeks of finish the semester"

 

"It is the law of being a penultimate year; stop complaining you'll have wrinkles before the age"

 

"Yes I know I complain a lot but is that I can no more" and I closed the book with rage "Up here" took the hamburger from the basket giving a big bite

 

I cleaned the ketchup from my mouth when I saw my friend looking away toward the building of the Engineering faculty, barely blinked and her lips as if was mesmerized. I turned to see what she looked.

 

"Jae Rim" I muttered. She looked at me and I saw that her cheeks turned red as a the tomato sauce

 

"Nothing"

 

"Nothing?" I repeated as if was questioning her "Since he is studying here after returning from overseas you always look at him as he was a Popsicle that you're thirsty to eat it"

 

"Jin Ah!" she exclaimed with a little voice that barely was audible for me

 

"Say it, I'm your best friend and I will not tell anyone"

 

"Say what?"

 

"That you're dying to kiss him"

 

"I don't know how I talk to you" she muttered crossing her arms "You mocked about me"

 

"Is not so, is because I care for you" turned to look toward Jae Rim that now was surrounded by a bunch of little girls with hormones to boiling point "I don't understand this desire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter