Chapter 18

The Rebellious Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I remove the excess of lipstick with my finger and give special attention to the makeup in my eyes.

 

"It will not be too excessive?" I wonder, beating the lashes to be sure that they don't stick.

 

Since I can remember, I never use mascara in my daily makeup. The last time I did, was at the wedding of my sister and courtesy of the makeup artist that smear my face of any cream that it could be applied.

 

But today was a special day; it was my first date with Mir, in the same garden of the hotel where we kissed. He promised that would tell me more about him and the strange shadow figures who chased me.

 

"That's what interests me most" I look at my neck. Hanging from it was the necklace he gave me. Since I use it, I have not had weird dreams, nor even seen the shadows as the day he took me to see his world.

 

I left the chair in front of the hairdresser, and again look my clothing. T-shirt with the logo of I love NY, tight pants and a corduroy jacket in my favorite color: burgundy.

 

I had asked my mother's car, who was more than pleased to lend it to me when I said I was going to meet Mir to talk about the reading of my grandmother’s manuscript. This was a lie, because Mir had let me know the day he came to visit me that there was no need to do it.

 

"Your grandmother described everything as it actually is, there is nothing to add or correct"

 

"Well, my father wants that we review it" I said sitting on my bed, watching him walking on my room.

 

"Your father wants us to spend time together" he said stopping in front of the dresser.

 

"As if I did not know" I murmured watching him running his fingers through the objects on the furniture up to my jewelry box "Are you looking for something?"

 

"Yes"

 

"To my knowledge this is the first time you visit my room"

 

"No" he turned slightly and smiled

 

"Did you come by stealth and I have not heard?" I feel my cheeks getting hotter by anger instead of shame "If you've seen me when I change my clothes, I swear I'll make your life a nightmare"

 

"I have not been here physically, until now" he lifted the lid of the box and I saw a turquoise light coming out from it.

 

"What ..." I'm about to get up, but Mir moves quickly and kneels at my feet.

 

"You resist, even unconsciousness, to accept me as your fiancé" he opened the hand and I see the turquoise stone ring that I found some months ago on campus

 

"That ring" I see that shines more in his hand, as if it were connected to Mir. I realize that the ring has to belongs to him

 

"I was hoping that you will use it just out of curiosity, but you have been afraid to do"

 

"You left it there on purpose?" I wonder very upset with my ears burning.

 

"I wanted to see how you were now as an adult, not only physically, but also in the way you are" grabbed my hand despite my reluctance and posed a finger on my wrist

 

He pressed and I feel my heart pumping more than usual; even I can hear the beat with the same rhythm of movement that he was making on my wrist.

 

"You don’t understand, but I think it's not good for me"

 

"Yes it is, the ring is for you and I have in contact, not only in a physical, but mentally too. You should use in your annular finger"

 

"I don’t want to, and I've

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter