008

Sweet Mistake

They sat at the dining room. Jaein seated still as she spooned the soup and Sehun sat across her. It was an awkward silence between both of them. She kept looking down and didn’t want to have any eye contact with the boy in front. But sadly, sometimes Jaein couldn’t hold to steal some quick glance at Sehun.

On the other hand, Sehun felt the awkwardness too but he tried to hide it with drumming his fingers on the table. He also looked at the girl’s lowered head and secretly examined her face. Jaein finally decided to look up and her eyes met Sehun’s right at that second.

“Thank you for helping me” She bowed again. Sehun heard her sincere apology and nodded his head casually with his usual cold face.

Jaein puzzled after she received such a straight response and there’s no any word for her to continue the conversation. She drilled her mind hardly to seek for a new topic and furrowed her eyebrows unconsciously. Sehun saw that eyebrow and then he knew that Jaein was struggling. Finally, Sehun decided to speak anything that came up on his mind.

“What’s your name?” Sehun asked. Jaein thanked God inside her heart for finally Sehun lift a voice first.

Jaein ate the last spoon of the soup and gulped it, then she answered.

“I’m Ha Jaein” She answered softly.

Sehun eyes went wider and his heart skipped a beat. Soon, he couldn’t hold himself to curls up his lips as he silently congratulated himself for discovering the letter’s riddle so easily. Jaein blinked in fluster and kept asking herself is there anything wrong with her name. Sehun soon realized it and he cleared his throat.

“Such a good name” he gave her a small smile. Sehun said that nothing other than to hide his joyfulness inside. Even though he said that to save himself from getting suspicious, the words he spoke caused her cheek to goes all red again.

“Thank you” She replied his compliment.  Jaein scoffed herself for running out of words and kept saying ‘thank you’ all the time.

Ha Jae In. Sehun spelled her name again in his mind. He grew more curious as he saw the figure in front him who had been avoiding eye contact most of the time.

“I will wash this first” Jaein stood up and held the bowl then she started to take a step when she felt a grip on her wrist and it stopped her from walking.

“It’s okay, I will do it” He said spontaneously.

Jaein sensed the gentle grip of Sehun’s palm that ringed on her lower wrist, she felt the grip was strong yet gentle and explained that Sehun really didn’t want to make her go. She was being touched by Sehun, it came across her mind and this act of Sehun sent her a huge amount of electricity, it really gave her goosebump. The tomato cheek Jaein looked down and saw her wrist then Sehun noticed that. So he quickly slipped away his hand. “I’m sorry” Sehun said as he put his hand on the air.

“It’s okay, you have helped me a lot” Jaein said in low voice. Sehun felt guilty as he saw the deep red shades, he felt wrong for touching the girl and he nodded his head slowly to give her permission to leave.

 

Jaein stormed to the kitchen, and quickly put the bowl on the sink. He put both of her hand on her chest and felt the loud pounding. She searched the smallest gap to breath and heaved a sigh. She rinsed the bowl and washed it cleanly.

She whipped it with a cloth as her mind replaying the scene earlier. Every second she spent in this house was really hard for her to through and she planned to go home soon. Even in fact, she wanted to spend more time here but with her weakened heart, she knew it the best that she had less than one percent of braveness to start a real talk with Sehun.

The washing was finished but she delayed to go back to the dining room, she tried to reduce her anxiety with walking from corner to corner of the kitchen. Her mind kept thinking hard about things, how to face him again, how to hide her burning cheeks, how to say goodbye and all ‘how’s that connected to Sehun.

Meanwhile, Sehun who was seating alone quietly stared at the unoccupied chair across him. His lips won’t stop smiling and he looked like a mad guy. It grew wider when the ‘Oh Sehoon’ incident popped on his mind. He even slipped out a small chuckle. He straightens his face to normal as soon as he heard a step. Soon, he turned his head to found Jaein.

“I should go home now” Jaein stated hesitantly. Sehun remained silent for seconds, his heart forced it not to happen but then he realized and replied her with a slow nod.

“Sure your parent must be worried” He gave a little smile and stood up to take Jaein’s stuff at his room and went to her again.

“Let me send you home” Sehun said with the bag that he put at one of his shoulder.

“No! You don’t have to” Jaein strictly refuse his help offer and even waved her hand for a ‘no’ sign. But she didn’t succeed to change Sehun’s mind and she just received a small smile from his lips. Soon Sehun took a step and Jaein’s eye followed his figure that walked passing her side. Sehun had opened the door knob, Jaein was left with no choice and soon her legs started to follow him and they left the apartment room.

 

Sehun pressed the ground floor and again, they both stood with the silence between them. Jaein felt lucky that it didn’t took a really long time to reach the ground floor because his room was only located on the third floor.

They went out as Sehun walked in front to lead. Jaein set her eyes on him on their way. she examined Sehun’s back side and adored every part of him. His blonde hair that jumped up and down as he walks, his tall figure that looked really though and the muscular arm that held her bag on his shoulder. She could stare this for hours and still be amazed for it.

Sehun looked straight to front as he walked and soon after he thought, he turned his head to see Jaein, Sehun slower his step and took two steps backward. Now Jaein was walking beside him and he felt better, he wanted to make sure the girl was protected on such night street.

 

They sat beside each other at bus for the second time, but the atmosphere was further different from the last time. Sehun took a seat behind the window and stared out while Jaein tried hard to contain her feelings and kept playing her fingers.

On the half of the way, Sehun glanced at the girl beside him. “How’s your knee?” Sehun asked her. “It’s better now” She answered and showed her knee to him. Sehun expected her to face him but she didn’t, Jaein was too shy at the moment. Actually, she didn’t like it, her personality when she was around him. She felt that she got embarrassed too easily over anything and she hated herself for that.

 “I remembered the last time you left your hair tie” Sehun spoke all of sudden.

 

She decided to be her usual self and be braver, she realized that the boy beside him was her first love and she needed to make an effort even the tiniest one.

“Thanks for keeping it safe, it’s one of my favorite” She did it. She spoke some longer words to him.

Sehun smiled for hearing the more relaxed voice of her and curled up his lips.

“You take night shifts?” Jaein continued the conversation. Yes this question had been lingering her mind since the day she found him at the market. She thought that working on eleven at night was not normal for a high school student.

“Yes, I like the night better. It felt more peaceful at work” He replied. Jaein gave a nod after she received the answer.

“Do you know my name?” Sehun asked her, He had found that Jaein wrote him a letter so he questioned in mind of what answer she would give him. Will she lies?

Jaein flustered a little bit at the question and then she nodded slowly, “Oh Sehun” She said carefully because now she paid more attention to people’s name around her.

Jaein thanked god for her being a little used to Sehun’s figure now. Now she enjoyed his presence and sensed comfortableness being near him. Sehun too, he claimed in mind that he smiled more after she met this girl. Without they realized it each other, the two really experienced pleasurable things that appeared between both of them.

Minutes passed and it came for Jaein’s stop. Both stepped down from the bus and now Jaein walked in front to lead the way to her home. Actually Jaein had refused him to walk her home but Sehun said he couldn’t leave any girl to walk alone at night. Sehun didn’t usually being like this, he even puzzled himself for since when he became this kind to a ‘stranger’? From what he learned, he knew that Jaein was clumsy so he got rid of the thoughts and really had a sincere heart on helping this girl.

 

“We’re here” She said when they stopped on a house gate.

“Here” Sehun lent her the bag and she took it.

“Thank you again, thanks for everything” She said it again for the infinity time.

“Sure, it’s nothing big” He replied and waved his hand then he left the girl after he made sure she was safe.

She eyed him until he disappeared and then she heaved a puff on air. With the bag she hugged now, she ran to her house with thousand feelings of happiness.

 

Jaein opened the door and took a step inside. “He’s handsome, who’s that boy earlier?” Her mother questioned teasingly right after she closed the door. Jaein’s stepped back of shock after she heard that.

“Why such question just now? Don’t you worry about your daughter for being home so late?” She blurted, Jaein didn’t except for being spied by her mother.

“Of course I was. But my anger calmed after I saw you with him beyond the window” Her mother stated. Jaein’s face went red and she didn’t believe of what her mother said earlier.

“My little daughter had grown up” She patted Jaein’s head and hugged her with a wide smile.

“Mom..” She said in embarrassment. Jaein’s mom released the hug and said “What’s his name? Introduce him to me next time okay?”

Jaein didn’t deny her mother and just answered her with a nod “He’s Oh Sehun, mom”

 

After she took a long shower and got dressed, Jaein threw herself to bed and covered her face with her pillow. Today was really something for her and she couldn’t contain the new feelings that she experienced. She took her phone and texted her best friend one message.

‘I have a good story to tell you at school’ She got an instant reply from Krystal less than a minute.

‘ Really?  What about?’ Jaein stared at the screen then she started to type again.

‘Right, sorry not to tell you sooner but I admit it, I like the freezer guy we laughed at’ She pressed the send button.

‘I KNEW IT! Huh, no surprise really, I knew you better than yourself Ha Jaein’ She giggled for that.

‘Thanks for saying that, my “best” friend. Good night and see you tomorrow’ She sent the last message and decided to start her way to the dreamland.

But after some seconds she closed her eyes, She felt her phone vibrated and excepted the last message from Krystal.

‘How’s your day?’ It’s not from Krys, it was an unknown number.

She gets up from her sleeping position and then seated. She checked her phone log and found that this number matched with the one who called her with a ghostly voice. What the hell?

‘Who are you?’ She replied shortly.

‘I am Oh Sehoon’ her eyes widened and her lips slipped a gasp.

“Only Krystal and I who knew about this, right?” She tried to calm herself.

She didn’t reply the unknown text for some minutes. Between those time she texted Krystal another message.

‘You didn’t tell anyone about my misspelled letter right?’ She bit her lips in worry.

‘Why should I?’ Krystal replied.

“So in conclusion, only three people who knew about this. Me, Krys and.. Sehun himself” She stated in mind.

She buried her face in pillow again but not to let out happiness like earlier, she cursed herself instead.

‘Why so stupid, Jaein?’ She whispered as she heaved a big sigh. She scratched her back of head hardly as her other hand covered her eyes and she slapped her fore head for times.

That night was supposed to be fluffy for her but it ended up being a miserable one.

She didn’t know what to do to be able to face him again in the future.  

 


hello readers, awkward right? lol 

pls write a comment bellow to share your thoughts. I really want to know your feelings for the chapters I wrote.

keep supporting me okay :D

love and hugs - krisplease