008

Sweet Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They sat at the dining room. Jaein seated still as she spooned the soup and Sehun sat across her. It was an awkward silence between both of them. She kept looking down and didn’t want to have any eye contact with the boy in front. But sadly, sometimes Jaein couldn’t hold to steal some quick glance at Sehun.

On the other hand, Sehun felt the awkwardness too but he tried to hide it with drumming his fingers on the table. He also looked at the girl’s lowered head and secretly examined her face. Jaein finally decided to look up and her eyes met Sehun’s right at that second.

“Thank you for helping me” She bowed again. Sehun heard her sincere apology and nodded his head casually with his usual cold face.

Jaein puzzled after she received such a straight response and there’s no any word for her to continue the conversation. She drilled her mind hardly to seek for a new topic and furrowed her eyebrows unconsciously. Sehun saw that eyebrow and then he knew that Jaein was struggling. Finally, Sehun decided to speak anything that came up on his mind.

“What’s your name?” Sehun asked. Jaein thanked God inside her heart for finally Sehun lift a voice first.

Jaein ate the last spoon of the soup and gulped it, then she answered.

“I’m Ha Jaein” She answered softly.

Sehun eyes went wider and his heart skipped a beat. Soon, he couldn’t hold himself to curls up his lips as he silently congratulated himself for discovering the letter’s riddle so easily. Jaein blinked in fluster and kept asking herself is there anything wrong with her name. Sehun soon realized it and he cleared his throat.

“Such a good name” he gave her a small smile. Sehun said that nothing other than to hide his joyfulness inside. Even though he said that to save himself from getting suspicious, the words he spoke caused her cheek to goes all red again.

“Thank you” She replied his compliment.  Jaein scoffed herself for running out of words and kept saying ‘thank you’ all the time.

Ha Jae In. Sehun spelled her name again in his mind. He grew more curious as he saw the figure in front him who had been avoiding eye contact most of the time.

“I will wash this first” Jaein stood up and held the bowl then she started to take a step when she felt a grip on her wrist and it stopped her from walking.

“It’s okay, I will do it” He said spontaneously.

Jaein sensed the gentle grip of Sehun’s palm that ringed on her lower wrist, she felt the grip was strong yet gentle and explained that Sehun really didn’t want to make her go. She was being touched by Sehun, it came across her mind and this act of Sehun sent her a huge amount of electricity, it really gave her goosebump. The tomato cheek Jaein looked down and saw her wrist then Sehun noticed that. So he quickly slipped away his hand. “I’m sorry” Sehun said as he put his hand on the air.

“It’s okay, you have helped me a lot” Jaein said in low voice. Sehun felt guilty as he saw the deep red shades, he felt wrong for touching the girl and he nodded his head slowly to give her permission to leave.

 

Jaein stormed to the kitchen, and quickly put the bowl on the sink. He put both of her hand on her chest and felt the loud pounding. She searched the smallest gap to breath and heaved a sigh. She rinsed the bowl and washed it cleanly.

She whipped it with a cloth as her mind replaying the scene earlier. Every second she spent in this house was really hard for her to through and she planned to go home soon. Even in fact, she wanted to spend more time here but with her weakened heart, she knew it the best that she had less than one percent of braveness to start a real talk with Sehun.

The washing was finished but she delayed to go back to the dining room, she tried to reduce her anxiety with walking from corner to corner of the kitchen. Her mind kept thinking hard about things, how to face him again, how to hide her burning cheeks, how to say goodbye and all ‘how’s that connected to Sehun.

Meanwhile, Sehun who was seating alone quietly stared at the unoccupied chair across him. His lips won’t stop smiling and he looked like a mad guy. It grew wider when the ‘Oh Sehoon’ incident popped on his mind. He even slipped out a small chuckle. He straightens his face to normal as soon as he heard a step. Soon, he turned his head to found Jaein.

“I should go home now” Jaein stated hesitantly. Sehun remained silent for seconds, his heart forced it not to happen but then he realized and replied her with a slow nod.

“Sure your parent must be worried” He gave a little smile and stood up to take Jaein’s stuff at his room and went to her again.

“Let me send you home” Sehun said with the bag that he put at one of his shoulder.

“No! You don’t have to” Jaein strictly refuse his help offer and even waved her hand for a ‘no’ sign. But she didn’t succeed to change Sehun’s mind and she just received a small smile from his lips. Soon Sehun took a step and Jaein’s eye followed his figure that walked pass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter