010

Sweet Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed and her willingness to avoid Sehun slowly loosens. She hated to admit it, but her heart started on longing to see him.

 

Today was the camping day, Jaein jogged to her locker and kept on making fast paces. She putted more effort on rushing because of the heavy backpack and she needed to be soon because the buses was waiting outside and ready to set off in next minutes.

She arrived at her locker and panted heavily, she tucked her hand inside her chest pocket to find the locker’s key. Her heart skipped a beat at the moment she figured out that the key was nowhere inside.

 She also tried to search at both left and right pockets of her pants, but sadly she only found a random washed bubble tea bill that she forgot to throw away.

Jaein scratched her head and grunted as she put her bag and laid it against the locker’s door. She turned her body and cautiously trailed the course she passed and wandered her eyes on the ground as she believed that the key fell down when she ran earlier.

She walked with a bent down head and her finger was tucking her hair strand behind her ear to prevent it from disturbing her vision.

A pair of shoe appeared and burdened her search. In such haste circumstance, she didn’t even bother to look up and immediately took a step to her right, trying to avoid the person in front.

But the shoe remained following her step even on her third try to escape. This time she was pissed and she clicked her tongue.

“Excuse me?” she bluffed and looked up.

Her eyes widened so round and she quickly took a step back as the person turned out to be Sehun.

Jaein considered herself as an idiot for bluffing in such temper towards him. She tried to show a small smile to restrain her embarrassment.

Sehun just stood there with his steady look as she stared at the girl.

“Ex- cuse me...” Jaein repeated her word with a softer voice and quickly stole a gap beside him and escaped. She tried to walk as casual as possible.

Sehun eyed her back and his sight followed her figure. After she has walked a little bit far, the boy started to take a step and now he followed her with paces.

“Ha Jae In!” He called, the girl startled and turned her body towards him. Sehun hooked something on his pointer and showed it to her as he walked nearer.

Jaein stood still and she squint her eyes to see the object clearer. Until he was close enough, she finally could recognize the thing.

“Are you looking for this?” Sehun asked. Jaein’s lips curled up a relived smile and she thanked God.

 

 

Sehun was walking out from the toilet and ready to head for the bus. He was drying his wet hand with a handkerchief when someone rushed very quickly and he heard a sound of something that hit the ground.

His eyes noticed a key and he tilted his head right to see the one who dropped it. Unfortunately, that someone has already disappeared and ran behind the corner.

So he took the key and tried to follow the person, he recognize the key’s shape and could tell what that was for. He understood the importance of a locker’s key for a student and decided to help out.

Thus, there he was. He managed to find the owner and not regretted on his own decision, he was grateful instead to see Jaein again after days of her disappearing.

 

 

“Yes, that’s mine” She answered with a wide smile. Sehun’s lips frowned up a little bit after he saw the brightened face.

He stretched out his arm and offered the key for her.

“Thank-“

Sehun pulled his hand in quick motion and left Jaein flustered with her hand still in the air. She tilted up her head and found him smirking in enjoyment.

“I wonder if you received my last message-“ Sehun said slowly. Those words ringed a danger bell on Jaein’s mind. She gulped and pursed her lips in one thin line to reduce the nervousness.

“Or not?” He finished.

Jaein pulled her hand from last position and inhaled hard.

Good thing for her that she googled every night about how to get rid of burning cheeks. Sure sounds stupid, but somehow it worked a little bit and she managed to restrain the emotional causes of red shades.

She exhaled and started to lift a voice.

“Did you send any?” She tried to defend herself with a ‘sweet’ smile to hide her anxiety but sadly she didn’t realize of how awkward those smile formed out.

Sehun remained silent as he stared at that ‘abnormal’ smile and soon he choked a laugh. He took one of her arm and put the key inside her palm.

“Just reply me next time, okay?” He said. Sehun looked at the statue-like girl and couldn’t hold to stretch out his arm and ruffled her upper hair. Now the girl’s cheek went all red as she felt some warmth on both sides. With that, she knew that she failed to stay chill. Then he left without any word.

“How do you know?” She asked bluntly. Sehun heard that and turned around.

“Your number?” he asked. She shook her head. With that, Sehun understood of what she meant to ask.

 “Your face shown everything” He gave her a last smile and bid a farewell wave and started to walk away.

She knew it. She failed on throwing a small lie. Even though she tried to set her calmest face, later she realized that he wasn’t an idiot for n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter