2010: Building up the Friendzone

Reply
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I couldn't avoid to dedicate the first chapter to my dear A.N.Jell. Besides, the friendship they formed there is a basis for this fic. Today we'll meet the man I'm sure many of you were waiting for. This chapter was intended to be about the Christmas of 2010, but then I realized there was just too much I wanted to write before, so it will be chapter 3.

P.d.: I made a mistake in the last chapter, writing "2026" when in fact it should be "2024" I already correct that mistake.

 

2010: Building up the Friendzone.

Seoul- June 2024.

"Shin Hye looks gorgeous tonight"

"I know."

"You're lucky to have caught her"

He grinned. Of course he was, he had known that right from the start.

"Am I?"

"Of course, don't you know how she friendzoned most of us. But I don't think she did it on purpuse. She was just so oblivious most of the time"

"That's how she is. But she's also one of the strogest women I have ever known"

"I've never seen her cry, even when things were not turnig good for her."

It was true, but the first time his heart told him that it was her whom he had to love, she had bee crying out her heart. It was a rare ocassion indeed.

Shin Hye, who was talking with So Ra now, turned to him and gave him a brilliant smile.

Kim Bum approached to the group, holding hands with Geun Young. Since they have come back together they both seemed to be really happy. When he saw one of his old friends, he smiled.

"Min Ho, have you seen the latest movie Goo Hye Sun starred?"

Seoul - January, 2009.

Shin Hye was so nervous. Just one girl more before her, and then it was her chance. When her manager told her she was participating in the casting for the Korean version of Hana Dori Yango, she could not be more excited about it. If she could do this, she would stop being pointed as just a child star. She was becoming a young woman now.

Of course, being in the drama would mean be the target of some envious anti-fans again, but she did not care. Recently, she had found that it was easier to be friends with male actors than with other girls. Girls usually were wicked, at least most of the ones she had met until the moment. She had come to worry about when they would stab her in the back. She had a better opinion of guys as friends, because until the momment her brother Shin Won and her partner Lee Wan had been the nicest people to her. 

A lot of people were waiting as nervous as her. She could recognize two guys from her same class at the university, but she could not remember their names.

"This is your time, Shin Hye. Let's do it." She told herself.

A guy who had just finished his audition walked by her side and gave her a smile.

"Good luck" 

He surely was good-looking. She smiled a bit and kept walking as she heard they were calling her name.

She was confident that she had done well, util she heard what the crew whispered to each other.

"She's so pretty"

" Yeah, so lucky she is pretty. She's not going anywhere with the quality of her acting." An older woman said. "It should have been easy to be an inoccent and pure girl, but she is not gonna get to be Jan Di"

"I don't know why she doesn't just quit of acting. She's not beautiful, but at least she can get something as a model."

"Model? Have you seen how fat she is?"

Shin Hye felt her eyes burning, and the tears coming down. She could not help it. Damn it! She was not supossed to cry. As fast as she could, she walked away from the commentaries. That was so embarrasing. And it hurt so bad.

"Take this" a deep male voice told her.

She looked up and saw the same guy from before. He was handing her some tissue papers.

"I don't like to see pretty girls crying" He said with a smirk. "And if it's for what those people were saying, they're just envy you, you know?"

She blushed. He had heard everything? That guy... She tried to smile back at him.

"Thank you, sunbae"

"You know, I'm not your sunbae but you hobae, in any case. You're Park Shin Hye, right? I've been seen you in TV a lot of time before I starte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter