The Beginning of Love

Reply
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm happy for all the new subscribers. Also, I want to thank to the people who leave a comment for letting me know that they are there. You are the one swho motivate me to keep writing. I hope you enjoy this chapter as well - I know it's not that long, but still though -. Constructive criticism and suggestions are also welcomed.

 

Incheon, January 2011.

Shin Hye looked around the airport but did not see him. He should be there already. What were they going to do, if she was supposed to go back to Seoul tomorrow, and he also had to be in Japan? He had to be there on time.

"Where are you? I'm at the gates of the airport" She texted him.

"I'm outside. Door 3. Come quickly." he answered inmediately.

She smiled and took her luggage with her. It was easy for her to recognize HongKi, eve if he was - for once - dressing discretly. He still had those silly, useless sunglasses. She wondered if any other would be seeing them right now. She got into the car and he did so after her.

"Hi. Did you have a busy week?" She asked, already knowing the aswer. She could see the dark circles under his eyes.

"How did you figure it out?" 

"Maybe we should go to the hotel first so you can get some sleep." she suggested. "I'll cook somethig delicious for you."

As much as the idea sounded perfect, it wasn't what he had plaed. He wanted to spend this whole day having fun with Shin Hye. Then maybe she would find out that they would indeed make a great couple.

"Let's have a picnic instead." he said. "We've never done that before."

A picnic. She liked the idea, even thought peole could see them.

"I know a perfect place where no one will see us." He said, as if he could read her mind.

Maybe if it was another person, she would have refused. She was terrified about being hated by fans because of a scandal, but HongKi smiled and spoke with such a confidence that she just knew that she could trust him. After all, he first was her friend.

"Let's go, then. But take of those sunglasses. You call more the attention that way."

"I always get draw people's attention, Shin Hye."

"Babo."

 

"This is delicious. I have to ask that ajumma her receipe." Shin Hye said while she ate the tteokbokki. 

They were not sitting near the river, enjoying a beautiful landscape.  Hong Ki smiled: Shin Hye must have been trying a new diet lately -again - and was starving herself to death. He knew how much she hated to be "fat" - in her own words - even though it ever took away her charms.

He brushed her hair and she looked up at him.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Me? Nothing." he said, but didn't move his hand.

"You're staring at me"

"You're staring at me, too."

It took a while for him to say it. "Shin Hye-ah, do you want to be my girlfriend? I would be the best boyfriend you could ask for."

Shin Hye sighed. Wouldn't he give up and realize it wouldn't work? They were friends. Their friendship was magical; yes, they had this connection, but he didn't mind to ruin it all.

"Why do you want to risk everything we have?"

He was intense when he replied.

"Because it could be even better."

He started singing a song. An A.N.Jell song, because he knew she would like it. But he meant every word.

I will promise you to live with only you in my eyes

I will  promise you to live only with you in my arms...

Shin Hye played along as he held her in an embrace  and sang with him.

From the time I open my eyes

and Until the time I sleep I will yearn only for you

 

She knew it could be better. She also wanted to love and to be loved. She wanted what HongKi was offering to her. That sense of belonging, that she could share anything with him, all the joys and tears. They were too much like that anyway. Sometimes she really felt like if they were a couple. But she was too rational and practical for her own good. 

"Hong Ki, I don't want to date in public."

"I know. That's ok for me. For now" he said. "Actually we still can go out in public as always. As friends."

"We have to make time for each other, even if we're busy." she continued.

He nodded, to show his agreement.

"And I have to tell omma and appa." She added playfully.

Shin Hye giggled when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter