There's a reason for everything.... or no?

Reply
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ok... hi. I'm really ashamed. It's been more than two years since I last updated, and just now I'm returning to asianfanfics. I was taking a look at this story, wondering if I still had the inspiration to finish it. I found that this Shin Hye I wrote is the one I like the most, and I actually want to continue with the story and pairing I was thinking back then when I published the last chapter. So here I am. Hope some of you out there like this story.

December 31st, 2013.

The newspapers and fans all aroung the world were talking about their relationship, but even though they denied it ("Are you sure, Shin Hye? This could be the chance to be honest and go in the open"), the gossip  would continue for a long time.

That night, after they won the SBS award for best couple, Shin Hye and Min Ho said good bye to each other and to their friends at the event, only to meet later in a party organized by Woo Bin, Krystal and Min Hyuk. Almost all the cast reunited again to be together one more time. 

"Congrats, Min Ho-hyung, Shin Hye-noona." Min Hyuk said, "we were all sure you would get it."

"Thanks Min Hyuk."

"We have a surprise for you, noona."

"Really?" She asked, smiling. "What is it?"

"Ok... one, two, 1, 2, 3...!"

In that moment, a guitar started to play and Jung Shin, Jong Hyun and Yong Hwa entered the room. Everybody gaped and Shin Hye held Min Ho's hand behing their backs, overcome by emotion as Yong Hwa sang the first verse of the song.

You stole my eyes, you stole my heart, you're a diamond

The rest of the guys joined him.

You are our diamond girl
Don’t worry no more
A beautiful gem
You are our diamond girl
Don’t worry no more
A careful girl
Come here D.I.A.M.O.N.D girl
 

"I can't believe this." Epecially because things with Yong Hwa didn't seem to be okay all that year. They had been distant, and she feared their friendship was coming to an end. But her friend was demonstrating again just how great he was. "Thank you guys" she said as she let go of Min Ho's hand and met them in a group hug.

"Well, you know how to make a memorable entrance" Min Ho commented.

"In think we have not been properly introduced" Yong Hwa said. "But I've already heard a lot about you. It's nice to meet you, Min Ho-ssi."

"Nice to meet you too."

"Oppa, you don't know how extraordinary it is that Yong Hwa joins us tonight. He's always avoiding getting linked to me."

Min Ho looked at her with loving eyes and smiled.

"Is that so? Why, I'm always trying to be linked to you but you keep saying no."

Even if their romance was still a secret (something they didn't even share with the rest of their friends in that party) the glances they sent to each other were enought for the rest to guess.

Yong Hwa noticed it at the moment.

"I wanted to talk with you about something, Shin Hye, but I think it will be another time. You two enjoy your night." he said before leaving to talk with Jong Hyun and Woo Bin - and of course, Lee Jong Suk, because those two guys couldn't be more close that if they had been born twin brothers.

"He's really something... always doing things in his own way." She muttered.

"But you're happier now" Min Ho said.

"Ne. I haven't seen Yong Hwa in a lot of time, and we used to be really close friends. It seems like we are all growing apart: Geun Seok, Hong Ki, Yong Hwa and I, even if we promised to always keep in touch."

Min Ho sighted.

"Well... life is like that. That's why we have to live the present and live what we have now, Shin Hye."

She sighted. Was it too much to ask, to spend another year with Min Ho?

She hoped it wasn't an impossible wish.

An hour later, they all raised their glassed to celebrate the start of the new year. Even if it wasn't the Lunar New Year, it seemed apropriate to celebrate also this ocassion with friends that they would rarely see in the future. Just during onw short moment when someone turned the lights off, Shin Hye could feel Min Ho's lips on hers. However, tt was over too soon, and then they were surrounded by other friends and separated until it was time to go home.

May, 2014.

"Thank you. They are beautiful." She said, smiling at the bouquet of flowes. It was becoming kind of a tradition for him to gift her flowers around that time of the year.

He surprised her coming to her house after the awards had ended, but despite the sincere happiness she felt seeing her friend again, he was still feeling guilty.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter