2013: Follow the road, MinShin

Reply
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm back! Thank you for waiting. I would have liked to update some weeks sooner, but work is awful this winter - in Paraguay, at least, it's winter - but here I am. In my head I have finished this fic a long time ago, vn the final scenes are in my head. But I try to go slower and calm down.

I hope you enjoy this chapter. All the love :)

 

March, 2015.

 "Oppa, things were easier when it was just the two of us. Everything is a mess now. All those guys whom I meet... I suppose this is part of growing up..."

"Just tell me, I will beat all the guys who dare to hurt you."  Geun Suk said.

Shin Hye just smiled. It would be still easy if the problem was someone hurting her. But it was her hurting herself. It was her hurting those people she cared about.

"Is it really serious, isn't it, Shin Hye?" He repeated.

She reminded herself this was the reason why she came to Geun Suk, even when she barely saw him anymore. Even though there were periods of time when they barely saw each other, he still was the man who knew her the most. He knew every story, and some times she would bet he could read her mind - just as well as she could read his - 

October, 2013.

They were reading their scripts before shooting another scene. Shin Hye was nervous. There was a moment were Kim Tan and Eun Sang were too close to each other. While it was already dangerous for Eun Sang's sanity, it was even worse for Shin Hye. Min Ho was so intense, that she couldn't her heart beating faster. 

It's just because you're too into the character, she told herself. But it was a lie. When she was Gyu Won, and when she was Mi Nam, she could not see the lies where reality and fiction separated. However, she was perfectly conscious in that moment that it was Min Ho, not Tan, who looked at her. It was Shin Hye, not Eun Sang, who was wishing for him to come even closer. A maybe try his lips just once. You're getting crazy, Shin Hye.

"Are you dating HonKi?"

Shin Hye was surprised by the way Min Ho was straight forward. They hadn't had much time to be alone in these weeks, but now they were in L.A. and spent more of their time together, so she couldn't avoid the moment anymore. 

"No. We're just friends."

"He seems to have a different interest in you."

He needed to know before making his move.

"It's not like that. Not anymore, at least. We... were in a relationship, but that was ages ago."

"Do you still have feelings for him?" 

That was the most important part. Did she have feelings left?

"I will always love HongKi. We're just not meant to be together, but I cannot live without him as a friend. I guess he can't, either. So we're trying to get things back to how they used to be before, when we were good friends."

"I'm jelaous." Min Ho confessed, staring at her vividly. Suddenly the room was too hot for Shin Hye.

"M-mwo?"

"I'm jelaous that you care for him that much. Shin Hye-ah, can I be the one you need in your life?"

Shin Hye was frozen. What? Was it a confession? Min Ho just said he was jelaous? Impossible. It couldn't be.

"Stop kidding around, oppa. that's not funny at all."

"It's not a joke." he came closer to her, his face just inches away from her. "I'm being serious."

She stood up and walked towards the door without saying a word. And when she couldn't feel his eyes o her back aymore, she sighed on relief.

Thakfully, they spent the rest of the day working. It was easier when other people were around them, because she could force herself to act cool and lively  as usual. That was the normal Shin Hye, the one that all her previous co-stars had known. None of them had made her feel so nervous just staring at her - or maybe Geun Suk did, but she was almost a kid back then, and Geun Suk was also so intense. - and now Shin Hye had to be reminded that it was just all acting.

"Let's go dancing tonight" the hairdresser proposed. "We're in L.A., after all. Let's have some fun."

"Noona, we have to work early tomorrow." Shin Hye did ot think it was a good idea.

"C'mon, Shin Hye. We probably won't have any time after this, so let's just go out this time" Min Ho  spoke.

She looked at him, still not sure.

"Please?" He gave her his damn dazzlig smile.

You have definitely lost your mind, Shin Hye.

Of course, he just asked, and she would follow. That was not ok at all.

 

It took her all her streght to resist Min Ho's smiles or glances, but Shin Hye was not someone to do stupid things related to romantic relationships. Her career was more important that that. Even Hong Ki, who was so precious to her, had come to be just part of the past. Her career would more likely la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter