2013: Oh, Boy!

Reply
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A chapter for the weekend! I hope you enjoy this as well and if you do, please leave comments. They make me happy and motivate to write more and better.

Thank you to all the new subscribers and the onnes who let me know their opinions.

Also, though it has nothing to do with the story, I had a harsh week and it was because of Shin Hye and Yong Hwa that I could comfort myself - so I have to thank Heartstrings for those wonderful songs they gave us -

 

Shin Hye wondered herself if she believed in fate. She didn't believe, at least not now, but maybe there was a day in which she believed. Back then, when she was much younger.

February, 2013.

"I wanted to meet someone and be married by now." Shin Hye confessed.

Si Yoon, her current partner in set, looked up to her and left his book aside.

"Shin Hye-ssi, it would be a waste. These days pretty, talented girls like you shouldn't marry so early in life."

"Do you think so?"

Si Yoon nodded once more. Shin Hye liked this man. He was so clever and yet so gentle at the same time. He never spoke loud - except when he was into his 'Ke-Geum' character. It was difficult to be sure what he was going to say or what he was thinking of. He was totally differet from Hong Ki, who by the way was a close friend of him. Again, she was bringing HogKi into the equation - not that she would ever have romantic feelings for Si Yoon.-

After that conversation and Si Yoon's advice, Shin Hye had decided it. This year would be her year. Most of the past year she had been concentrated in school, and, of course, getting things back to normal with HongKi.

It was more difficult that she had already thought it would be. It had been so easy before to change from friends to lovers, but it wasn't as easy to give the step backwards. However, they both were doing their beat to make it work. They called each other some times to check if the other was ok, and they met when they were not that busy. When they met, however, it was usually with other friends. Not YongHwa - even though HongKi and him went back to being best friends - because now she could barely meet YongHwa. The fever they inspired in their fans with their drama was such that it was virtually impossible to show off their friendship without being the 'suspects' of a romance. It was funny, that she still could be seen with Hong Ki and no one ever gave them a suspicious look.

"We're good actors after all, Shin." He would tell her. But to her, that acting usually dried all her energy later. She couldn't fix it all inmediately, she comforted herself.

In order to make it easier, she needed the support of other friends, others that were not in the same circle than him - this automatically excluded Geun Suk and YongHwa -. In those moments, fortunately, she still had to Sang Beom, So Eun - and lately Soo Hyun - to help her. Beom and her used to be college classmates, but he had already graduated while she was still half the way. With all her projects it hadn't been easy to keep up with the classes. So Eun and Soo Hyun were in different classes, but So Eun was Beom's best friend, and they all used to run into each other here and there.

A week before Shin Hye's birthday, they decided to celebrate it in advance, getting together in the restaurant of SHin Hye's mom one night in which it wasn't open to the public.

"Cheers for BoysOverFlowers, that we're all in our way now!" Beom said, teasing Shin Hye.

Soo Hyun and Shin Hye looked at each other, raising their eyebrows.

"You know, that's rude considering that Shin Hye and I were rejected for the project." Soo Hyun said.

"But then Shin Hye starred You're Beautiful, with Geun Suk-oppa and the others" So Eun said. "She's the luckiest girl"

"Mwo? And weren't you too, So Eun-ah?" Beom asked, looking offended.

It was so obvious that there was an attraction between those two, but So Eun was the kind of girl who wouldn't fall easily in Beom's charms. She was focused on her career, just as Shin Hye was now.

"Well, cheers for Shin Hye" Soo Hyun said. "For this year will be great in her life. SHin Hye-ah, I wish you success, love and a lot of adventures. Happy birthday!"

Soo Hyun must have been a seer, because sooner than she imagined, all of his words became a reality.

 

Shin Hye looked at her reflection in the mirror. That make-up and clothes really suited her. For one time she felt that she could have some -appeal.

The model who was going to work with her that day came to introduce himself, and she recognized him right away. His favorite actor in Secret Garden! Oh, boy. When he smiled, he was even cuter in person than in the TV.

"Hello. My name is Lee Jong Suk, nice to meet you."

Even though he had been giving her intense glances, the guy seemed to be really shy and quiet - just as Si Yoon-ssi, she suddenly thought.- and maybe just because of that they were going to get along really well.

"Hi. I'm Park Shin Hye. Nice to meet you, too." She smiled symphatetically and he smiled back.

"I'm so honored to meet you. I'm really a fa of yours." He complimented her.

"Really? Ommo, I was about to say that about you." She laughed. "I watched every single episode of Secret Garden in which you appeared."

"Is that so? Let's do our best job, then." Jong Suk said. "I think I will like working with you, Shin Hye-ssi."

Jong Suk was only shy at the beginning, and so was her. It was akward, because of all the skin-touch, but soon she felt comfortable. He was hardworking, and all smiles and compliments towards all the staff working with them.

"Do you think we'll look good together in the pictures?" She wasked, feeling insecure.

Lately, there have been many comments towards her being fat.

"You'll look precious in any picture they have taken, Shin Hye-ssi. Even if you're caught with you eyes closed."

"Don't say nonsense, Jong Suk."

"Mwo? It's true" he said, with a mischieveous smile. "I think I've fallen for you, Shin Hye-ssi."

She just shaked her head, but at the same time she was smiling, because she knew he was just kidding. It was a pity that this one just CF, and time wasn't enough for them to become friends. She had a feeling that he would be a very good one.

 

April, 2013.

Shin Hye looked furiously at her manager, though she did not say a word. Her eyes, however, said it all. She had been looking forward to do the Sageuk dram

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter