nine

The Diva and His Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun really did like Chanyeol and he could honestly say that he was getting used to his boyfriend's touches. However, there was something the two hadn't done yet and it made him wonder as to why. Chanyeol had hugged him, held his hand, even carried him just for fun at some point.

"Hey Chanyeol," began Baekhyun.

"Yeah?" he answered as he backhugged the petite boy. They were at Baekhyun's house alone because Mrs. Byun had gone to work that afternoon after they had arrived from school.

"I-I know this i-is probably a strange question, but, um, why haven't we kissed yet?" he asked.

Chanyeol suddenly tensed up.

"S-sorry if its weird, b-but it's just that we've already been dating for almost a month already. Unless of course, you think that that would be going too fast or something," he added.

"No, it's okay. You have the right to ask that," said Chanyeol. He let go of Baekhyun and sat down on the couch. He gestured to Baekhyun to sit down too. "You see, for each Elemental family, we have what we call a seal. This seal is the action we do to make our partners ours for good. Once we make a seal with someone, the bond can never be broken unless of course one of them dies. For the earth Elementals, their seal is the simple holding of hands. They are able to find their partners easily because their decisions are always definite. Air Elementals must let their guard down and become emotionally stable with their partner. If they are able to do this within the first week of meeting their partner, then they have found them. Water Elementals have it easier than that though, they must become just generally physically intimate with their partner before and after they have shown their other form," he explained.

Baekhyun was amazed by it all, but that meant that fire Elementals had to, "Kiss. Fire Elementals must kiss their partner," he muttered.

"Yeah, that's right," sighed Chanyeol.

"Then why haven't you done so already?" asked Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun, I just want you to know what kind of a person I can be before I do anything more. I know I won't regret making the seal with you, but I just don't want you to regret it later on," he answered. "Look, I've hurt people in the past. Whether it be emotionally or I hurt them physically by burning them with my flames. I... just don't want to end up hurting you," he added.

"Haven't you wanted to kiss me though?" he asked.

"Yes I have Baek!" he exclaimed. "And it's driving me to insanity trying to stop myself every single time I see you. But Baek, wounds from all the other elements can heal over time, but a burn from a flame can't. If I was ever to hurt you in any way, I wouldn't be able to live with myself," he huffed.

Baekhyun had enough of this doubtful ranting. He got up and straddled Chanyeol's lap. He cupped his boyfriend's face in his hands and smiled, "Chanyeol, if you ever do end up burning me, I won't be mad at you. I will only be mad if you try and avoid me afterwards."

"What if- ?"

"Shh," he whispered. "If anything happens, we'll deal with it when it happens. Let's not worry about it right now." He smiled once more before he leaned in and pressed his lips against Chanyeol'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter