eight

The Diva and His Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs. Byun made two cups of tea and gave one to Chanyeol as she sat down opposite him. "I'm sure that won't be too hot for you," she smiled.

"How do you know about me?" he asked.

"Well," she sighed. "You wouldn't be able to remember because you were much too young at the time, but my husband used to work for your family," she began. She looked up and saw the shock on Chanyeol's face. "Yes, I know and I was good friends with your mother too."

"My m-mother?" he stuttered.

"Yes, we became fast friends and I was still friends with her even until you were seven. She was a beautiful woman. Inside and out I must say," she chuckled. "I'm sure you know how and why she passed away by now right?"

"Yes, I do," he answered.

"About a week or so before she passed away, she called me in specifically to see her. I was wondering why and even in the terribly weak state she was in, she smiled up at me. She knew that I wouldn't keep contact with your family after she passed, but still she asked me a favour. She asked that if I were to ever meet you, her son, later on when you're older, that I would take care of you for her. And of course, I made a promise to her that day and have been trying to keep it ever since you met Baekhyunnie," she explained.

"Why didn't you keep contact with our family?" asked Chanyeol.

"You see, I believe Mr. Seo is currently your family's head assistant, correct?" she asked. He answered with a slight nod. "Before he was your family's assistant, my husband held that position," she answered. "Now, this was only when you were still a toddler I am sure and Baekhyun was only a few months older at the time. My husband was on his way back from work one evening. There was another driver who was headed in the opposite direction and he was on the phone, arguing. He had been jolted awake by the sound of a semi-trailer that was behind him. He turned his wheel too far, too fast and their cars had collided. Unfortunately, my husband hadn't been able to survive the impact nor the shock and he died at the scene."

"I'm so sorry Mrs- "

"Now remember what I told you Chanyeol-gun. You can call me mum. Your mum said so herself. No matter how old he is and no matter how embarrassed he gets, make sure he calls you mum," she chuckled. "And you needn't be sorry about anything Chanyeol-gun. It's all in the past now and has been for a while."

The sound of the front door opening and closing was heard.

"Baekhyun sweetie, you shouldn't make both your mother and boyfriend worry so much!" exclaimed Mrs. Byun. She got up, went over to her son and pinched his cheeks.

"Mum," he whined.

"I just need to hop out to get a few groceries, okay? You boys behave yourselves," she smiled.

 

"I'm- "

"I- "

They both exchanged glances and couldn't help but laugh. Chanyeol walked up to Baekhyun and pulled him down onto his lap on the couch. "Are you feeling better now Baek?" he asked.

The petite boy was blushing madly from the position that they were sitting in. "O-oh, yeah. I'm fine now. S-sorry about eariler. I-I don't know what came over me," he answered.

Chanyeol chuckled and rested

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter