Locked

Hidden Voice

Chanyeol's P.O.V 

Luckily, I didn't get hurt from the impact of the fall because the bed wasn't too high off the ground.

After hearing the conversation between Baekhyun and that woman, I thought of things that Baekhyun and I could do alone in the house. No dirty thoughts Chanyeol. Stop.

I watched as Baekhyun opened his closet. Realizing the situation, I turned around to face the wall. How can I not think of dirty thoughts when Baekhyun is practically right behind me. This is too early, I'm not ready. The sound of clothes shuffling stopped and I turned back around to see if Baekhyun was done, secretly hoping he wasn't, but I'll never admit it.

Baekhyun had completely stopped moving, grasping tightly onto a pair of black skinny jeans. His shirt was different, but he was still wearing the same pants from earlier.

“Baekhyun, you okay?” I inched closer. I saw his blank and empty eyes, unlike its usual sparkling and gleaming self, staring intently at the bottom of the closet.

I peeked over Baekhyun’s shoulder to see what made him silent. My stomach churned and my heart pounded furiously when I saw a messily carved heart with the letters C+B. Chanyeol and Baekhyun? Did Baekhyun carve this? The thought of Baekhyun carving this made me feel warm. “Baekhyun,” I muttered, softly placing my hand on his shoulder. This made him snap back into reality.

He turned to face me, fear evident on his beautiful features. I pulled him to a hug, feeling the wetness of tears damping my shirt and soft sniffs challenging the silence. I frowned from seeing the shorter cry, not knowing how to comfort him.

Baekhyun pulled away, the loss of the addicting warmth made my frown deepen. “Are you okay?” I asked, trying to assuage him of his thoughts.

He nodded. “Sorry,” he mumbled. After a moment of comforting silence, Baekhyun said, “Um… c-can you t-turn around so I can c-change?” I noticed his cheeks were pink. Probably from all the crying, I thought, oblivious to Baekhyun’s stuttering.

“Right,” I answered, quickly turning around to be left with the stained cream walls. The sound of clothes shuffling resonating inside the room once more.

Baekhyun's P.O.V

I needed to clean the basement, but I still had to change. Embarrassed at the thought of Chanyeol watching me change, I told him to turn around even though we were both guys. I could feel my cheeks already heating up. When I had finished changing, I told Chanyeol that I was going to do my chores and that he could leave if he wanted to. I felt a wave of joy when he said he would stay and even help me with my chores.

“Are you sure? Wouldn't your dad be worried?” I asked, concerned that Chanyeol might get in trouble with his dad. He shook his head and gave me a soft smile with a hint of sadness.

Grabbing my hand, he interlocked his big, rough hand with mine. “Let’s go down to the basement.” I nodded, blushing from the warmth of the giant.

To my relief, the house wasn't too big, so it didn't take long to get to the basement. Holding hands with the person I've loved since a child made me feel weird.

Opening the door with a creak to the basement, we were greeted with a maelstrom of old books, dusty shelves, and clothes of both genders, which was strange considering there's only girls and me living here.

Wandering inside, I looked around to see what I should start cleaning first. At that moment, an erratic chest had caught my eye. “Has this always been here?” I thought aloud.

Looking at me, Chanyeol came closer and I could feel his heat radiating from behind, “what is it?”

“Obviously it's a chest. What else would it be?” my diva side suddenly appearing.

“Well excuse me. This place is so messy I didn't know what you could have been talking about.” I rolled my eyes and a small smile made its way onto my face.

Observing the old chest, I noticed the lock. Frowning, I tried forcing it open, but it was shut tight, hiding the contents within. What's in there?

I decided to let it go and start cleaning this horrendous mess. After cleaning one side of the room with Chanyeol, I began dusting and organizing the gigantic bookshelf, taller than even Chanyeol.

Arranging the many books took a while. When I lifted an old book to dust, a mini key fell out and made a small clang against the wooden floor. Picking it up, I stared at it and realized what it could be for.

I made my way to the chest and pushed the key in, hoping it would fit. To my joy, the key fit perfectly into the keyhole. Turning the key, my heart was beating profusely and my eyes were dry from not blinking. However, when I tried turning the key, it wouldn't budge. Sighing, I took the key out and put it into my pocket.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol was clearing the table when he heard me sighing.

“I found this key when I was cleaning the bookshelf. I thought it would be for this,” I pointed to the chest, “but it wouldn't turn.”

Chanyeol nodded, understanding the situation. “You know, this happened to me once too. There was this chest inside the library at my house and it wouldn't open. I ended up going to the library everyday to try to open it, but eventually I just gave up,” he told me, staring intently at the chest. “Now that I think about it, this chest looks exactly like the one at my house.”

“Really?” my eyes widened. “That's weird. It's like everything in my life is somehow connected to you,” I looked up at him, our gazes locked onto each other. I could feel my heart running a mile as he leaned in. My eyes were shut tightly when I felt something soft and warm touching my forehead. I looked up to see Chanyeol's face only an inch away.

Surprised by the sudden contact, I pushed the giant away. “C-Chanyeol.”

“Ah. Sorry about that Baek,” his cheeks were tinted light pink, “got carried away by the momentum.”

I stepped closer to the giant, feeling guilty about pushing him. “It's okay. I was just surprised is all.”

An awkward silence came right after and we just stared at each other.

“Right. Well since we’re done cleaning the basement, why don't I make us something to eat.” I led Chanyeol out the basement, with one final glance at the untouched chest. Curiosity was killing me. What was inside? Where's the key? What was this key I found for? Why does Chanyeol have the same chest? My head was hurting from trying to think of reasonable answers. 

-------------------------------------------------

AN: Finally I have time to update thanks to Thanksgiving break. I'll try to update as soon as I can, which will probably be Winter break. OTL. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. ♡