Markings

Hidden Voice

Baekhyun's P.O.V

I woke up to a high pitched yell. "Baekhyun!" Soyeon's voice resonated inside the tiny room, along with the loud banging on the door. "How long do you plan on sleeping?" Quickly, I pushed Chanyeol off the other side of the bed with a heavy thud and climbed over my bed to get on the other side on the ground. Just at that moment, Soyeon came bursting into the room. "What was that?" She looked around, suspicious.

"I fell off the bed," I responded with a groan, feinting an injury.

"Well. Hurry and get up," she said impatiently, "clean out the basement, it's full of useless things. Also, you don't need to make dinner, Boram and I are leaving today to stay at the town for a while. Don't you dare try to burn this house like you did to your's." With that, she slammed the door shut, a loud bang echoed in the room.

I let out a sigh and hollered over to Chanyeol, who was silent the whole time. "Chanyeol, are you alright? Sorry I suddenly pushed you like that."

"I'm okay. But are you okay?" He asked concerned. I gave a gentle nod and smiled. "Why would she even say that though? You weren't the one who burned your house. Ugh, she makes me so frustrated."

"It's okay. I stopped caring about what she says a long time ago." I gave a sincere smile and hugged him. "Thanks for caring though."

"Of course. I'll always care about you." Feeling the awkward silence with none of us moving, I released the hug and smiled at him. "So you're going to have the house all to yourself?"

"Just for a while, until they get back, which probably won't be until weeks later. In the meantime, I still have to clean out the basement, so I'll be back in a few hours," I said as I walked to my closet, "you can leave if you want, I'm not going to force you to stay." I opened the closet to change into a fresh, clean outfit.

As I picked up my black skinny jeans, I noticed something scribbled on the bottom of the drawer. The letters "CY+BH" were carved inside a heart. I stared longingly at it, remembering when I had written that.

Chanyeol and I were at the lake as usual, sharing songs that we enjoyed with each other. With one earbud plugged in my ear, and the other in Chanyeol's, we both were deep into the melodious tune of Chanyeol's favorite song.

"Girl, I can’t explain what I feel.

Oh baby my baby, baby, baby, baby.. yeah.

Making a day feel like a minute

With you, I'm the main character of a movie

As if I'm about to film an action scene to come see you, as if I've become a hero

You're perfect to me, I imagined

How would it be if we were together?

If only you say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby I lost my mind, the moment I saw you

Except you, everything get in slow motion

Tell me, if this is love

Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you

Fighting, crying and hugging

Tell me, if this is love

All the guys in the world are jealous of me

They must be jealous to death of me, for having you

Even after the sun goes down and moon goes down, it will never change

You will find out that I'm a guy whom you can trust

I don't know why, this unconditional emotion

Did I ever imagine?

Next to me, you shine more brightly as I become a better guy

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you

Except you, everything get in slow motion

Tell me, if this is love

Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you

Fighting, crying and hugging

Tell me, if this is love If you wish and wish earnestly

Will it come true, like the fairytales?

A never-ending happy ending, happily ever after

I will trust you, protect you and comfort you

I will be on your side I will never leave your side

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you

Except you, everything get in slow motion

Tell me, if this is love

Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you

Fighting, crying and hugging

Tell me, if this is love

All the guys in the world are jealous of me

They must be jealous to death of me, for having you

My babe, baby babe, baby baby

I can tell, this is love

I will make you smile often like a child

I will make you feel the most comfortable, like a friend

My babe, baby babe, baby baby

Tell me, what is love."

"What was this song called?"

"What Is Love," he responded, humming to the song with his deep, husky voice. What is love.

Impulsively, I turned towards Chanyeol, who had his eyes closed. My heart beat was increasingly pounding in my chest, not able to look away. As if he sensed I was staring, his eyes opened and stared into mines. Our gaze stayed until the song ended and it became extremely quiet, excluding the cool breeze brushing the trees and grass that dared to ruin this moment.

When the next song came on, Chanyeol was the first to break eye contact. "Do you have any songs that you like?" He asked, pausing the song that was currently being played.

"I do, but I'll share it with you tomorrow. It's late and I have to go now, don't want to make my parents worry," I said as I hugged him tighter. Finally letting me go, I looked into his deep brown eyes one last time and smiled. "I'll be going now. See you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye," he responded. "I love you."

"What did you say?" I asked since I couldn't hear the last part.

"Nothing," he blushed and I shrugged it off, taking his words that it was probably nothing.

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye," he smiled his beautiful bright smile that I loved.

But little did I know that I would never see it again. There was no tomorrow. No listening to my favorite song. No big goofy smile that never failed to make me feel butterflies. There was only our little innocent minds that knew of nothing.

The happiest day of my life became the start of my misery.