Memories

Hidden Voice

Baekhyun's P.O.V

I heard a deep voice coming from beside the bed. Swiftly making my way to the trapdoor, I peeked down the pitch dark hole. Sure enough, I saw black curly hair and an idiotic smile. "Hey."

"Did you fall down?"

"Sorta," he looked down to hide his embarrassment.

I chuckled at how cute he looked. "Need help getting out? Although you're basically a giant."

"Yeah." I gave him my hand, struggling to pull his giant body back up. He wasn't heavy, in fact he was really skinny, but being the weak guy I was, although my abs were forming quite well, it took all my strength to lift him up. I finally managed to get him up, but I pulled too hard and he fell right on top of me. I groaned as his weight shifted onto me. We both opened our eyes and stayed staring directly at each other. My face heated up and my heart beats furiously. I looked away, hoping to hide the blush clearly visible on my cheeks.

"Um... can you get off me?"

"Right. Sorry," he quickly got to his feet and gave me his hand. I gently took it and regained my balance.

"You okay? That was a pretty hard fall."

"Yeah, I'm fine," I responded, avoiding eye contact. The room became deadly silent and the tension so awkward. As if understanding the awkward situation, the giant's stomach growled. "You hungry?"

"Yeah, haven't eaten since morning." I remembered I had left the food outside and prayed that Soyeon didn't find it. To my relief, the two loaves of bread and cups were still where I had left them, untouched. I quickly gathered it and shut the door behind me.

"Here," I gave a loaf of bread and glass of water to the boy. He just stood there and stared at the food. Smiling, he accepted it and thanked me, taking a large bite of the plain bread. "Sorry it isn't anything too fancy."

"It's fine. I'm just glad that I could eat something. Also, I'm glad that I could see you again," his warm smile never leaving. I stayed silent and took a small bite of the bread, trying to distract myself from the blush that was slowly forming. A few minutes passed as we slowly consumed the bread and water, when the boy finally said something to shake off the uncomfortable silence.

Chanyeol's P.O.V

"I still can't believe the trapdoor in my garden leads to your room."

"Yeah."

"It must be fate." Upon hearing the last part, the brown haired boy blushed a velvety color. "So I never actually got your name," I said, trying to get his name without being too forceful or awkward, unfortunately failing at trying to not be awkward.

"Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun... where have I heard that name before?

"I'm Park Chanyeol," I introduced myself, flashing my famous toothy smile.

"Park? As in the Park industry of record labels? As in you're the son of the millionaire Park?" He asked with curiosity. I let out a chuckle, watching his puppy eyes practically sparkling.

"Haha, yeah. I guess you could say that," I said shyly. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people always refer to me like that, but the way Baekhyun said it with such enthusiasm and awe made my heart rate faster. I could feel the apples of my cheeks burning up. What's this familiar feeling? A thought was bothering me ever since I met the petite brunette. "Have we met before?" I unconsciously asked aloud. My arbitrary thoughts wanted Baekhyun to say yes.

The said boy opened his mouth to respond, "Obviously we have, we met each other at the lake. Remember 'fate'?" A light blushed swept across his flushed cheeks.

As soon as he said that, prolific memories of when I was eight came back to me. The lake was still glistening beautifully, the grass was fresh and cut clean. I was walking closer to a fragile looking boy, laying innocently on the soft green grass. The moment I laid eyes on his pretty face and milky white skin, my heart was pounding furiously, like it could rip out of my chest at anytime now. I couldn't take my gaze off his calm beautiful features. Unconsciously, I laid down next to him, the back of my hand brushing his hair to the side, giving me a better view of his innocent face. His eyes slowly opened and I stared straight into his deep brown orbs. "Baekhyun." My eyes flashed open and those same brown eyes from my memories were still staring back at mines, except this time they were filled with worry, instead of shock.

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Chanyeol suddenly fainted after I said that and I didn't know what to do. Panicking, I laid him down on the bed and felt for his temperature. A sigh of relief came out when I found that he didn't have a fever. "Baekhyun!" He suddenly screamed my name, making me jump out of my bed. I leaned in closer to meet eyes with his warm, brown orbs. "Baekhyun," he panted and grabbed my face with both of his hands, as if to get a better look.

"Are you okay?" I asked, worried he might've gone crazy.

"Lake... eight years ago... you.. me..." he sputtered, as if he just ran a mile. His forehead was gleaming from the trickles of sweat.

"What are you talking about?" I managed to ask, frightened and anxious by the black haired boy's sudden action.

"Did you go to the lake when you were younger?" He asked with a serious tone.

"Yeah, why? I've always been going there ever since I was little," I told him, still confused at what he was trying to get at.

"Don't you remember me?" He said, his voice quivering and barely audible.

"What are you talking about? I'm so confused right now." I heard him sigh and lay back on the bed.

"It's nothing. I'm probably just imagining things."

"You sure it's fine? You seem pretty stressed out about it."

"I don't know," he sat up and looked straight into my eyes. "I used to go to the lake when I was young too, and I met another boy there. We would meet each other everyday and talk about anything. He was the only true friend that I had. He meant a lot to me, but then my dad forced me to stop going into the forest. I felt so guilty because I just left him there all alone. Everyday all I could think about was his sweet smile and adorable puppy eye smile. Everyday I felt horrible for leaving him. A few years later, a family member died and my whole brain just shut itself. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving and forgetting about you," he cried.

Tears also fell down my cheeks as I listened to his story, pulling him into a soft embrace. "Chanyeol..." I spoke softly, the clear image of an eight year old boy with the same goofy smile. "Chanyeol," I repeated, still shocked at the fact that this was the same Chanyeol as the one I fell in love with eight years ago. Looking up to stare at his soft eyes, more tears welled up in my eyes and I covered my face in his chest. "Idiot! Stupid giant!" I hiccuped, "Why did you leave me? I waited for you everyday, but you never came." My weak punches were softly pounding on his broad chest. "How come you never came?" I barely whispered. Two long arms wrapped around me and his tears dripped down onto my already wet cheeks.

"I'm sorry," he said in a husky voice in between tears. The warmth was comforting, making me feel drowsy. My eyelids slowly closed itself and my consciousness slipped away, allowing the warmth of the other and the alluring darkness to engulf me.

Chanyeol's P.O.V

My tears finally stopped and I looked down to see Baekhyun sleeping, snoring lightly, so I laid him down on the bed. I glanced around the room one more time and then back to the small boy. His calm face made me smile. "I really missed you Baekhyun," I swept my thumb along his tear stained cheeks, "Good night." I leaned down to kiss his soft cheek and laid down next to the small puppy boy, the smile never leaving my face as I slowly fell asleep.

Finally, I can be with you again.

---------------------------------------------------

AN: It's been about a month since school started and my grades aren't too good. So I might not be posting often because I have to study and I have after school activities; but I will try to post twice or once a month. Hope you enjoyed this chapter