Unfortunate Meeting Part II

Hidden Voice

Chanyeol's P.O.V

I slowly opened my eyes at the sound of banging on my door. Despite how loud the bangs were, I was still pretty tired and took a while to register what was happening. The continuous knocks were starting to irritate me and I quickly got out of bed to open the door, but no one was there. I looked to my left and right, seeing only the empty and silent hallway. Annoyed, I slammed the door shut.

"Don't mess with me!" I sighed and walked back to my bed. As I was about to lay down, I heard more sets of knocks. I decided to ignore it, thinking it was just my tired state making me hallucinate. The once rythmatic knocks suddenly became loud and off beat bangs. I was getting furious and opened the door. "What the hell do you--" Again, there was no one, but the knocks didn't stop; it was coming from behind. I swiftly turned around and realized the sound was now coming from my window. Someone must be throwing rocks since I'm on the second story. Still annoyed at whoever was doing this and ruined my sleep, I marched to the window, pushing the curtains aside. It took me a while for my eyes to get used to the sudden brightness of the sun. Once I got my vision back, I saw a boy smiling and waving at me. My eyes widened as I realized it was the boy from the lake. 

He's here! How does he know where I live? Did he follow me? He wouldn't, would he? A struck of realization disturbed me from my thoughts. If my dad sees him here, there's going to be trouble. 

I need to get him away from here, I thought as I sneaked my way through the hallway and to the front door.

What time is it? How come no one is up yet?

It must be really early. When I finally got outside, he wasn't there anymore.

Where did he go? Did he run away? Did someone kidnap him? What if...

I ran back inside the house and straight to my dad's office as fast as I could. How come the servants aren't up yet? It confused me to see the house so empty, usually it was always filled with noises from all the ruckus everyone was making. I flung the door open and saw no one.

Did he find him and took him away? The thought made me worry a whole lot more. Where could he be? Why am I all alone?

My head was so full of unanswered questions, that I didn't notice the stench in the air, until I saw a hand sticking out from behind my father's desk. Curiosity got the best of me and I walked slowly towards the desk.

Peeking a look at what was behind it, my eyes widened as they landed on a body, covered in blood. I was too shocked and scared to do anything. Once I came back to my senses, I shook my head rapidly, trying to take in what I was seeing. Who is this person? What happened here? Was this person murdered? Is the killer still in this house? I cautiously turned to look at the door. To my relief, the room was empty. Still a bit anxious, I looked back to where the body was and examined it closer.

Looking closely, I noticed that it was definitely a boy. His skin was ghostly pale, with dripping red painting the smooth, white canvas. Brown chocolate hair covered his face and blood all over his silk, cream suit; he didn't have any shoes on. I gulped, trying to steady my breathing, as I walked closer to the corpse. When I was just an inch or two away from the lifeless body, I gently shook his arm to see if he was going to suddenly jump on me and this was all just a prank. He didn't move at all. 

"Be brave," I repeatedly calmed myself. Brushing his hair gently to the side, exposing his face, I saw how pretty he was, despite all that blood on him. Once I got a closer look, I gasped at the realization that it was the boy from before. Shock and anger filled my body mixing with fear and sadness. I kneeled down beside him, picking him up carefully and hugging his cold body, which stained my shirt with a dark red color.

Hot tears streamed down my cheeks. Too distracted from crying, I didn't hear someone sneaking up on me from behind.

A sudden sharp pain pierced my stomach;I looked down with wide, tear-filled eyes. A blade was stabbed from behind, allowing me to see more blood on my shirt. The blood from the boy and mines were blending together on my now wet shirt. I turned around to see a man covered in black, a smile spread across his face, similar to the Cheshire cat's. I couldn't see his face clearly. The pain was overbearing, but the thought of leaving everything I loved hurts more. I held the boy's lifeless body close to mine. I didn't even ask you your name yet. I had so many regrets and now I couldn't even fix them.

Before everything turned black, I heard the murderer spoke in a familiar, husky voice, "We'll be together again." Those were the last words I heard before I slipped out of consciousness, my cold body lying on the warm, carpeted ground. 

My eyes shot open and looked around to find myself back inside my room. I was still in my cozy, warm bed and not drenched in blood, although I was sweating buckets. My breathing was hard and unsteady. A dream? What kind of a dream was that?! I groaned and sighed, knowing that it was all just a dream. I hope that boy is okay... of course he's okay. It was just a dream, right? The sun was blocked by the thick, dark curtains, not allowing a single ray of light to shine through. Even after waking up from the nightmare, it was still so dark and lonely.