Invited to Chanyeol's House?

Hidden Voice

Chanyeol’s P.O.V

While walking to the kitchen, I noted the kind of condition Baekhyun was living in. The house was neat and tidy just like mine, as if someone spent hours cleaning everyday. It didn't seem like there were any workers living here. Is Baekhyun cleaning this whole house by himself?

The sound of shoes clacking against spotless marble floors were the only noise audible as I followed the short brunette quietly into the kitchen. “Who else is living with you besides that woman?”

“Her niece, Sohee, is staying over. There's also Hyunwoo who is usually here, but he's in the city right now doing business. Probably why Soyeon left. Hyunwoo is her lover but they aren't married.” Baekhyun explained, looking relieved, probably from the fact that Soyeon left.

I wonder what Hyunwoo’s like… Must be a jerk too since he's with Soyeon. “What’s Hyunwoo like?” I thought aloud, worried Baekhyun might be treated just as unfairly as he is by Soyeon with another person.

I noticed Baekhyun stopped moving, his arm frozen awkwardly in the air just an inch away from grabbing a cup. His back was towards me, but I could still see the way his whole body tensed.

"H-he is a-alright,” he stuttered. “What do you want to eat?” he turned to face me, his eyes averted elsewhere. Is he trying to change the subject? Who is this Hyunwoo?

“Anything you make is fine.” Baekhyun nodded his head in reply. I was still curious about Hyunwoo, but I didn't want to pry in Baekhyun’s personal business. As long as Baekhyun is safe and happy. Hard to be happy when he's living with such crappy people though. “Baekhyun, do you have something to do later?” The small boy shook his head. “Great! Then we should go somewhere” I suggested.

Baekhyun tilted his head, his eyes sparkling innocently. My heart was beating rapidly in my chest. “Like where?” he asked.

“Hm… Do you want to go to the city?”

“No thanks. There could be a chance I'll see Soyeon.”

“Right. Then how about going to my friend’s house? He's super nice and easy to get along with,” I smiled widely. The thought of finally meeting my friends after such a long break made me missed them more than I thought I would.

“I don't know. I'm not the same as I was back then when you met me Chanyeol. Ever since the fire, it's been hard for me to be comfortable around people.” Baekhyun looked into my eyes. I could see his uncertainty and shyness. “You know,” he continued, “ it was hard for me to even talk to you freely when we met yesterday. Sorry about that by the way. I suddenly brought up the past. I don't know what I was doing,” he mumbled incoherently.

I hugged him firmly and he stopped mumbling. His eyes were as wide as an owl, reminding me of one of my friends.

“Chanyeol?” I heard his muffled voice call out.

“Shh.” I hugged him even tighter. “It's okay Baekhyun. I'm here now, you don't have to go if you don't want to. I just want to make up our lost times together. I don't care how much you've changed. Baekhyun, I want to love the present you as much as I loved you back then.So please let me.”

Baekhyun didn't say anything, but I could feel my shirt getting wet.

“Baekhyun. Please. I love you.”

Sniffing, Baekhyun looked up and I could see his puffy, red eyes.

“C-Chanyeol,” he sniffed, looking directly into my eyes. “I love you too you dumb giant.”

It felt like time completely stopped. I moved closer to Baekhyun and kissed his thin, fragile lips.

Baekhyun’s P.O.V

Chanyeol's soft, warm lips were pressed against mine. It was so sudden after he confessed, but I felt myself leaning forward and kissing back, craving for more. Craving for the electricity between our lips.

“C-Chanyeol,” I moaned when the kiss further intensified. My fingers were tangled in his curly, black hair.

When we pulled apart for air, I whined at the loss of warmth. Chanyeol's breathing was unsteady, as if he just ran a mile.

“Let’s go to the city,” I spoke, surprising both myself and Chanyeol.

Chanyeol's eyes gleamed, but I could tell that he was still worried.

“Are you sure? Would if you do see them? You would get in really big trouble. Who knows what they would do to you.”

I chuckled at his sweet and caring side. “If that does happen, I'll run away with you,” I joked, grasping his hands firmly.

He smiled, “Yeah, okay. Sounds good. But you can always run away with me anytime, even if you don't get caught.” Chanyeol winked.

I knew he was only joking, but I could still feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks, painting it an obvious shade of pink.

“Do you need to go back to your house to change clothes?” I eyed his clothes. His shirt and pants were both covered in dirt from falling into the hole twice.

“No, it's okay. I'll just ask my friend for his clothes when we go to the city. I'm sure he has clothes he accidentally bought that were too big.”

I nodded. Chanyeol’s friend… I wonder what he's like. Maybe he's like Chanyeol. But would if he doesn't like me? Would Chanyeol choose his friend over me?

“Baekhyun, do you want to go now?”

Distracted from my thoughts, I didn't hear Chanyeol until I felt a sudden warmth envelope me from behind. I turned my head and saw Chanyeol curly, black hair. His hot breath was tickling my neck.

“Baek, you okay? If you're worried, don't be. My friends will love you. You're funny, cute, nice, cool. I can make a whole list of why you're so perfect.”

My face was flushed. “Geez. I got it. Let’s go.”

Before I could leave the room, my stomach growled. I can feel my face getting even hotter.

“We should eat first.” I looked through the fridge to see if there was anything I could cook. Unfortunately, there was nothing except a raw onion and a jug of water.

I frowned, my stomach still empty and growling. I sighed, “I’m sorry Chanyeol, but we don't have any food.”

"That's okay. We can just eat when we get to the city.”

“But the city is far from here and I'm starving,” I whined.

“Uhh… Do you want to go to my house to get some food then?”

“Are you sure? I don't want to intrude your family.”

“You won't be intruding anyone, so don't worry. Let's go.”

Before I could say anything, Chanyeol walked out the kitchen. I followed him and led him to the front door. Once we were out of the house, Chanyeol took my hand into his. I let him lead me to his house.

“Hey Baek. I need to tell you that once we're at my house, I can't have anyone see you.”

“Why? Am I going to bother them?” I pouted.

Chanyeol chuckled lightly, making me pout even more. “Sorry. You're just so cute when you pout.”

My face felt hot and I knew I was flushed a light shade of pink. “Shut up Chanyeol.”

“Sorry Baek. Just stating the truth,” Chanyeol winked. “but, anyways, you're not going to bother them. It's just that if my dad finds out I brought a random boy home, he's going to freak out.”

“Then what do I do?”

“We’ll just quickly sneak into the kitchen, grab some food, and then leave. It might be a bit hard though since there's a lot of people at my house.”

“Why is there-” Before I could finish my sentence, I spotted a ginormous house with a fountain just in front of it. Flowers were adorning the outside, coloring the ground with pink, yellow, and red.

My mouth dropped to the ground. “This is your place?!” I asked, surprised to learn that Chanyeol lived in such a massive place. I didn't even know he was rich at all. I actually thought he was just a poor boy wandering around the forest to kill time.

“Yeah,” Chanyeol simply replied, not taking pride of the mansion and the riches within. “Remember, we can not be seen.”

I nodded my head, still amazed by the mansion. “How are we going to get in without being seen?”

Chanyeol didn't say anything and walked around the house to the back towards a shed. From here, it looked like a normal shed, but as we got closer, I realized it was almost as big as my house. Chanyeol then came out holding a ladder soon after.

We walked towards the side of the house, instead of entering through the door like people normally do.

Chanyeol placed the ladder against the wall. “Alright Baek. We're going to go through the window. You go first just in case you wall, then I'll be here to catch you. But be careful.”

I nodded my head and gulped. I've never done this before. My heart was beating rapidly and my palms were sweating.

Isn't this considered breaking and entering? But it's Chanyeol's own house, so I guess not?

I grasped the sides of the metal ladder and climbed my way up. I opened the unlocked window with ease and quickly crawled in.

“Chanyeol!” I called out quietly, afraid we would get caught if I was too loud.

“Right here.” Chanyeol then appeared from the window, crawling his way in. “We need to hurry before anyone sees the ladder.”

I nodded. Chanyeol grabbed my hands and stared at me before he planted a light kiss on my forehead. I could feel my heart thumping furiously against my chest.

“Let's go.”

Chanyeol's P.O.V

I can't believe I did that...again! Okay, calm down Chanyeol. Deep breathes. Focus. We need to get in and put.

I held Baekhyun's hand tightly. We heard footsteps followed by voices. Peeking our heads out the door, Baekhyun turned to me, “What do we do? How many people are in your house?”

“I don't know. I didn't bother to count,” I replied in a hushed whisper, “anyways, let's just make a run for the kitchen.”

I saw the shorter nod his head in understanding. Just as I was about to make a run for it, Baekhyun pulled my hand tightly, holding me back.

“What’s wrong?” I noticed his grip of my shirt loosening and his fragile figure shaking.

“I think it would be better if you go by yourself. I'll stay in here.”

“But Baek-”

“No. If we go together, there's more of a chance we'll be seen. Besides, if you go by yourself they won't suspect anything because you like here. But if they see me, that would complicate things.”

I was thinking hard about what he said. His reason did sound rational. “Okay fine. But promise me you'll stay here.”

The brunette nodded, letting out a breath of relief.

“Alright. I'll be back as soon as I can. No one will bother to come in my room unless they need to clean or something, but lock the door just in case. I'll knock three times, so open the door when you hear that.”

“Okay Chanyeol. Now go. We don't have much time before someone sees the ladder outside your window.”

I nodded my head and casually walked out my room, as if I didn't just sneaked into my own house with a boy I met at the lake.

As expected, there were two maids engaged in a conversation near my room. I turned the other way to the direction of the kitchen.

When I walked in, I was met with the delicious scent of fresh baked bread and the sound of sizzling from the eggs’ contact with the heated oil.

I enjoyed the heavenly smell as the chiefs and workers greeted me. I nodded my head in return, walking around to find one specific person. I spotted him sitting comfortably on a small burgundy cushioned couch staring intently at the bright screen of his phone.

It wasn't until I walked closer that he noticed my presence. His eyes wrinkling into crescent moons and his toothy grin flashing toward me. “Hey Chanyeol. What are you doing here?”

“I want you to make food for me.” I bluntly stated, getting straight to the point, not wanting a certain brunette to wait for too long.

“Well, what do you want to eat?”

I thought about what Baekhyun might very wanted. “A sandwich? Can you make two sandwiches?” I decided after thinking of a food that can be easily consumed.

“Sure thing Chanyeol.” He turned to the refrigerator to gather the ingredients.

Jackson was only ten years older than I was. He's been working here ever since I was born; he would just stay in the kitchen, quietly watching his father, one of the cooks, and sometimes help to gather the ingredients or stir the soup.

Jackson was nineteen when his dad resigned and went to the city. He told the small, fair haired boy to stay here until he made enough money and come back for him.

It's been seven years since and his father never even sent a letter. I once found Jackson weeping quietly in the bushels of the garden. I knew what it felt like to lose someone special.

That day, the house suddenly felt cold and gloomy as jumbled emotions clouded my head.

“Here you go. Two chicken sandwiches ready to go.” The voice snapped me out of my thoughts. The smell of fresh baked bread and melted cheese lingered in the kitchen along with a variety of other food the chefs were cooking, making my mouth water and stomach to growl.

Jackson chuckled lightly, “hurry up and eat. I understand why you asked me for two now.”

I blushed. I held back my rebuttal, claiming that one of them was actually for Baekhyun. Thinking of Baekhyun made me realize that I needed to get back to my room. I quickly grabbed the sandwiches placed on the plate and sealed it inside a ziploc bag.

I saw Jackson’s confused stare at the corners of my eyes. “Aren't you hungry right now? You should eat them now instead of saving them for later.”

Instead of answering his question, I said my thanks and scurried swiftly out the kitchen.

I hope Baekhyun is doing fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Sorry it's been a while since I've updated. There's just so many things I have to do. Especially since ap tests are coming up. ㅠㅠ Also, I thought 1000+ words per chapter was a bit too short, so I'm going to do 2000+ and see if I like it or if it's still too short. Hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you for being patient. ^^