Ice Cream Date

Hidden Voice

Baekhyun’s P.O.V.

 

After leaving the stuffed toy store, Chanyeol led me into a clothes store.

 

“If you see anything you like, don’t be afraid to tell me. I’ll buy it for you,” Chanyeol called out, “and don’t worry about the price.”

 

I nodded and started exploring the rows of clothes. Not knowing a single thing about fashion, since I just wore whatever was given to me by Soyeon, I decided to get the clothes that were on sale. It’s not like I have to look good for anyone.

 

Moving away from Chanyeol to go to sale sections, I spotted a plain white shirt that didn’t look too expensive. Grabbing it from the rack, I got a better view. It was purely white with no letters or images on it. Despite its simplicity, it stood out the most to me because of its contradiction with the other fancy clothes surrounding it.

 

Smiling to myself, I drooped my shirt hanging on my arm and walked to a different section. Alright, next pants.

 

Before I could look through all the pants, a worker came up to me and asked how I was doing.

 

“I’m doing fine,” I responded in a quiet voice with a small shy smile. I can feel his stare judging me. Uncomfortable, I looked up at him. He had ash blonde hair combed stylishly to the side and brown monolid eyes. He looked about the same height as Chanyeol, except maybe a little shorter.

 

I gulped. This guy can seriously be a model, then again so can Chanyeol. Why am I surrounded by such beautiful people? I probably look like a squid next to them, I pouted.

 

The other must’ve seen me pout and asked, “Having trouble finding pants? I can help you.”

 

Ah, he thinks that I’m upset over the fact that I can’t find good pants.

 

“What size are you?”

 


“I don’t know,” I responded, looking down at the plain white shirt on my arm to avoid eye contact. This was my first time talking to someone since I came to the city. Besides Chanyeol, I didn’t know how to respond to another comfortably.

 

“Hm… Maybe you can try this on?” the worker held up a pair of black, ripped skinny jeans. “I think it’ll look nice on you. Hopefully it’s the right size.”

 

I blushed at his remark while still avoiding eye contact. I grabbed the jeans shyly from his grasp. “Okay thank you. I’ll try it on.”

 

I followed the other, who was smiling encouragingly, to the changing rooms. He opened one of the stalls for me, which I thanked him for and quickly went in.

 

“I’ll be going now. I have other customers to help, but if you need anything, don’t be afraid to come up to me.” I heard the guy said from behind the door.

 

With that, I looked around the small small. Spotting a small bench, I neatly set the white shirt and black jeans down. I took my time taking off my clothes and stared at my bare reflection through the large, body-sized mirror.

 

I smiled proudly at my well-sculpted abs, “Well, at least my abs make up for my girly face.”

 

Chanyeol’s P.O.V.

 

I watched as Baekhyun and some guy talk from across the store. Even from this distance, I could see Baekhyun’s flushed cheeks and felt a weird churning sensation.

 

Not liking the sight at all, I was making my way towards them when they started walking off somewhere. I followed them to the dressing room while keeping my distance, pretending to look through the racks.

 

The guy from earlier left the dressing room alone with a content smile on his face. After seeing him leave and go up to a woman, I sneaked inside the dressing room.

 

Why am I even sneaking? I mentally slapped myself. It’s normal for a customer to go inside the dressing room.

 

“Baek?” I called out softly, unsure of which stall he was in.

 

“Chanyeol?” I heard from the one of the stalls on my left.

 

“Yeah. I’ll wait for you out here, so just come out after you’ve changed”

 

Immediately after I said that, the stall door opened, revealing Baekhyun in a plain white shirt and tight black jeans that hugged his thighs perfectly. Too shocked by how Baekhyun’s new appearance is doing something to my heart, I didn’t hear what he said.

 

“Huh?”

 

Baekhyun giggled and smiled, making my heart beat even faster than before. “I said how does it look?”

 

I looked at his clothes again and back to his charming smile. I could feel my palms sweating, “Uh… it looks really nice.”

 

“Really?” Baekhyun raised one of his eyebrow, “You’re not just saying that to be nice are you?”

“What? No of course not! You look really… hot,” I gulped.

 

Baekhyun bursted out laughing, not caring about the stares he was receiving. “You’re so cute Chanyeol. You don’t need to be so nervous. We’re friends aren’t we?”

 

For some reason, after Baekhyun said that, I felt somewhat sad to be just a friend.

 

What am I thinking? Of course we’re friends. Stop thinking weird stuff.

 

I just smiled back at the brunette, “Yeah, sorry. Just so overwhelming to be with you again.”

 

Baekhyun’s smile faltered and he hung his head down, “I’m sorry.”

 

I panicked, not knowing why Baekhyun was apologizing. Was it something I said? “No, it’s okay. It’s my fault for leaving you like that in the first place.”

 

He still wasn’t looking up so I offered to buy ice cream for him, which he immediately looked up and I could see his eyes sparkling.

 

I praised myself for making him happy again and seeing him practically glow. He really is so cute. Who knew ice cream could make him like this. Noted.

 

I smiled softly and took his hands in mine, “Okay, let’s go! This mall has a really good ice cream store.” I dragged him out of the store, but just as we were exiting, an alarm resounded. Immediately, I realized that Baekhyun was still wearing those clothes, I was embarrassed, and I could tell he was too by his flushed face.

 

After paying and apologizing, we finally left the store. I made him change back into his original clothes despite his protests. “Sorry Baek, but those clothes need to be washed first before you can wear them okay? Cheer up, we’re going to going to get ice cream,” I reminded him when I saw him pouting.

 

He immediately glowed after I said that and I chuckled at his cuteness. He really is going to be the death of me.

 

Once we got to the ice cream store, Baekhyun was practically jumping up and down. Literally.

 

I had to calm him down because he was gathering a lot of unnecessary attention. As cute as he was when he was excited, I didn’t want people noticing me since I was the son of a CEO.

 

Baekhyun ordered a very berry ice cream while I nonchalantly got cotton candy. Not wanting to waste any time, i told Baekhyun to eat his ice cream while walking around the mall.

 

To my surprise, Baekhyun rejected, “I’d rather sit down and eat. My legs are kinda tired and I just want to enjoy my ice cream. Thanks for buying this for me by the way.”

 

I nodded and led Baekhyun to the counter seats where we could see the busy streets through the window. “Anything for you Baek.”

 

Baekhyun smiled at me and resumed to slowly his ice cream. “I feel bad though. You’re doing so much for me and I haven’t done anything in return.” Baekhyun sighed.

 

I glanced at his sad expression, mine mirroring his. “It’s fine. You deserve everything good in this world. You really don’t need to do anything for me because all I care about is spending time with you,” I told him a bit awkwardly but meaning every single word.

 

I heard Baekhyun melodic laughing beside me. “You really are the cheesiest person, aren’t you?” I gave him a small smile in return.

 

The sun was starting to set, brightening the place with an orange-reddish glow. Baekhyun, who was innocently his ice cream, also glowed in the light, and I could only admire his beauty in awe. His porcelain skin, puppy eyes, and button nose yet again captivates me, trapping me with his alluring features. He really is the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.

 

“Chanyeol, your ice cream is dripping.” Baekhyun pleasant voice disturbs me from my thoughts and not long after I could feel a cold, creamy substance gliding down my fingers.

 

“Oh crap. My bad,” I quickly grabbed napkins and wiped the ice cream off, which left a sticky feeling on my hand.

 

Baekhyun just giggled at my clumsiness and continued his own ice cream, completely oblivious at how embarrassed I was. Once again, I was entranced with his beauty, but before I could repeat what happened earlier, I excused myself to the bathroom.

 

As I walked to the bathroom, I could feel my face burning. That was so embarrassing. I hope he didn’t notice me staring at him. He probably thinks I’m weird now. Great job, Chanyeol.

 

I could see my own reflection in the bathroom’s mirror: both my cheeks and my ears were a soft shade of red. I splashed my face with cold water, the feeling of water droplets sliding down my face was cooling and refreshing.

 

I was no longer visibly red, but my mind still kept going back to a certain boy, as if he’s been engraved into my brain. His soft black eyes and blush pink lips were all I could think about. I was aware of how much Baekhyun had trapped me under his innocent spell; yet he probably had no idea what he does to me.

 

I started thinking about the past and how I left Baekhyun all alone. A wave of regret washed over me as I thought about the what ifs.

 

What if my mother didn’t die?

 

What if Baekhyun’s house never got burned down?

 

What if I never saw Baekhyun again?

 

I splashed more cold water onto my face.

 

“Quit thinking about negative things. Baekhyun is with me again and that’s all that matters,” I told myself. I quickly left the bathroom and found Baekhyun at the same spot as I have left him.

 

“Hey Baek,” I took my seat right next to him.

 

“Hey Chanyeol. You sure took your time. Did you have to poop?” Baekhyun teased.

 

And once again, even after having to go to the bathroom to cool off, I found myself flushed red.

 

Why must Baekhyun do this to me?

 

“I wasn’t gone for that long,” I muttered defensively.

 

Baekhyun just giggled, “I was just teasing you, but you did take a while and you’re sweating a lot. Were you doing something?”

 

“I was.. Um…” I couldn’t tell him that I was splashing myself with water because he was making me feel all hot, so I blurted out the first thing that came to my head, “pooping.”

 

Baekhyun laughed loudly at my response. “So I was right?” he teased again.

 

Instead of getting mad at Baekhyun constantly teasing me, all I could focus on was his melodious yet mischievous laugh entering my ears and imprinting itself into my head.

 

“Come on Baek. Let’s go to my place,” I told him as he was finishing up his ice cream. That’s when I realized that I never even finished mine. “Where did my ice cream go?”

 

Baekhyun nonchalantly responded, “Oh you left it on the table when you went to go to the bathroom and it started melting, so I asked one of the workers to clean it up.”

 

“Oh,” was all I could respond with a flushed face yet again.

 

Why must this happen to me? I thought while walking out of the ice cream shop. As we were exiting, I tried to avoid the annoyed worker who had the displeasure of having to clean up my melted ice cream.

 

All for Baekhyun, I thought as I watched him walk ahead of me to the parking lot.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A.N.: Finally updated! School has been so rough, but it's finally summer break~ Even though it's a break, I still have to study for the state test and the driving test; and I also have summer homework to do. I've also recently got a job and I'll be working for the summer, so I won't have a whole lot of time to write TT On another note, I feel like this story is getting kind of dead and I apologize for that. I can feel myself losing inspiration to keep this story going and I'm also losing ideas on how to continue this story. However, I'll try to complete this story as best I can because I too feel sad when authors never finish their stories. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys and thank you so much for everyone who's still supporting this story even after a long time. Mianhae and Saranghae <3

 

Another thing should I keep this story as interchanging point of views or should I keep it as one POV? Please comment which one you guys like. I love reading all your comments and feedbacks.