Total Strangers?

Hidden Voice

Baekhyun's p.o.v.

It was evening when I walked out of my house and wandered into the forest. A wide, crystallized lake, came into my view; the glare reflecting the sun's rays. I looked around to see if anyone was nearby. Only the sound of the wind whistling, trees swaying, and the water waving could be heard. Nope, I was all alone. I began singing a song my mom used to sing to me when I was little; it helped me relax and wash away all the stress.

 

“As if I was reborn as a child who doesn’t know anything

I was afraid it was a dream, so I closed my eyes and opened them again

To find myself standing before you like I’ve desperately prayed for

I want to walk side by side with you, just once

Just once

Yeah I ride the soft wind into your world

I went by your side; you brightly asked me where I came from

I told you it was a secret

If we could just walk together like this

Wherever we go, it will be heaven”

 

In the middle of the song, I started to hear footsteps behind me. I turned around and made contact with a boy, around my age, with curly black hair and the most alluring brown eyes.

 

Chanyeol’s p.o.v.

“I’m going out for a walk!”

 

“Come back before it gets too dark,” I heard a woman say before closing the front door.

 

I was walking in the forest for about 5 minutes when I heard someone singing, so I went to see who the owner was. As I was getting closer to the voice, I recognized the surroundings and remembered the spot I always went to when I was young. I saw a lake glistening and the back of a small boy. He had an angelic voice, which drew me in and I walked closer to him. The boy suddenly stopped singing and turned to look at me, which made me freeze. The first thing I noticed about him were his eyes; his puppy brown eyes that were gleaming and luring me in. His chocolate brown hair, put off to the side, making him look mature and older; though his small button nose and innocent eyes says otherwise. He was in a blue and green zip-up plaid shirt and tight blue jeans, making him all the more cute and delectable. I felt I’ve seen him somewhere before. Shaking off that impossible thought, I desired to hear him sing again, but the brunette looked frightened and embarrassed.

 

"I'm sorry for sneaking up on you like that, it's just that you have a wonderful voice," I assured him.

 

The apples of his cheeks became rosy and he turned away, his back facing me.

 

Baekhyun’s p.o.v.

I did not want him to see my flushed face, so I turned my back to him. I hated people seeing me like this, especially strangers.

"Th-thank you," I stumbled, thinking of running away.

 

The boy smiled and I heard his footsteps coming closer. When he was right beside me, I hid my face in my hands.

 

Chanyeol’s p.o.v.

As I came closer to his petite body, he was using his hands to cover his puppy-like features.  

 

I chuckled and asked, "hey, are you alright?" He said nothing. I sighed, "well I should really get going. See ya." I quietly pretended to have walked away.

 

Baekhyun’s p.o.v.

I can hear faint footsteps as I listen to the boy walking further away. Thinking he was finally gone, I put my hands down and slowly opened my eyes. Letting my pupils adjust itself, the first thing I saw was an energetic shade of brown, confused as to what it might be. Realizing it was the curly haired boy right in front of me with an idiotic, yet charming smile revealing his stunningly pearly, white teeth.

 

"Hi," he said. I was stunned, his face was so close to mine I could basically feel his hot breath. I shrieked at the top of my lungs, shocking the other.

 

Chanyeol’s p.o.v.

The brunette started screaming and I thought I was about to be deaf. You wouldn’t think the shorter could produce such a high- pitched screech. Despite being nearly deaf from the scream, his voice was still strong and astonishing.

 

"I'm sorry! Shh! Shh! I'm sorry! I'm sorry. Shh! Shh!" I tried to calm him down but failed. He finally stopped screaming, but not because of me, but because he ran out of breath.

 

"W-who are you?" he asked, obviously frightened.  

 

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you," I assured him. I didn't think he believed me for the boy still looked alarmed. I sighed and asked, "so what are you doing here?"

 

He stayed silent, as if wondering if he should tell me, a total stranger. After seconds past, he finally spoke, "I often come here. This place helps me relax and forget about my..." he paused. The brown haired guy said something, but he said it softly, so I had to lean in to hear. What he said astounded me because the word he said was, "my sin." His beautiful features changed to that of abandoned and lonely.

 

"What happened?" I asked him, curious. I regretted asking him that, because he started crying. Watching the able tears ached me; I had no idea how to handle fragile people.


AN: Sorry about the horrible ending, not good at that. The song Baekhyun sung was Angel by none other than EXO. ^^ Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Saranghae~♡♡