Chapter 7 - The Project

Back In Your Arms Again

One month has passed. Everything goes well. You've been pretty good in class. Sungyeol and his friends's popularity was a blast. Everytime they passed on the hallway, the students turn their heads and gladly cheer with themselves. High school student teachers would invite them to take a meal. But they always refuse those invitations. Just like you, Sungyeol shows no interests on finding a girl, he only wants to finih college.

"Okay class! We are going to have a project where in 2 people are going to work together. Let's make this is drawlots because freechoice will be an unfair decision for others. Write down you name on a piece of paper and pass it"

You write your name and wish that Hyemi will be your partner.

Unfortunately, Hyemi was partnered to L.

"I hope my partner will be useful." you sighed.

"Kim ~~~~ and???...."she paused as she open the next paper. "Lee Sungyeol"

Some of your classmates turn their heads up and said. "WHAT!?!"

"I hope he won't be a burden" you sighed again.

"Since I've already annouced your partners, I will now discuss your project. Since this class is Architecture class, I want you to make a sketch of a home that shows simplicity and elegance." the teacher annouced. "Now, come to your partners and discussed about your project" she said.

Hyemi ran over to your side and cheerfully said. "You're so lucky!"

"huh?" you said.

"The school's hearthrob is your partner!" she said.

"What's the big deal? He's just another person, besides this is for the project" you said arrogantly to her.

"Excuse me?" Sungyeol overheard your conversation with Hyemi.

A feeling of embarrassment shivered from your back.

"Oh~ you're here, see you later ~~~~~~" Hyemi said and ran on L's side.

"So what's your conversation with Hyemi? I think it's about me. "he questioned.

"It's just.... she keeps on saying that I'm lucky having you as my partner. Then I said to her, what's the big deal on it?You're just like any person" you said confidently but in a nice way.

"You know you're right, To be honest, I really don't like this popularity i'm experiencing right now. I don't like anybody to came over and ask if I could take them somewhere or giving anything that I do not need. I'm glad that there's one person who didn't think like that" Sungyeol said in a soft voice.

"You're lonely? But when you're with your friends you look glad when your with them.."you respond.

"Yeah, I do, but when girls start to come with us, I feel miserable" he said.

"Why?" you questioned.

"I just don't like it." he said again in a soft voice and tilted down his head.

You came to silence and said, trying to change the topic "So... where are we?" you said.

"huh?" he curiously said.

"In the project.. how are we going to do this thing?" you answered him.

"Oh right... ummm.... can you keep our little talk into a secret?" he said bringing back the topic.

"Okay, you can trust me" you said, patting his shoulder.

You overheard some of your girl classmates "oh~ so jealous" not knowing Sungyeol heard it too, you both glance on their direction. They quickly hide themselves with their books and turned their heads with their partners trying to convince them that they were discussing about the project.

You both met your eyes for a moment and smiled at each other.

"Just like that" he pointed out.

"Yeah~ they're just retarded" you smiled at him.