Past

Sweet Lies, Crazy Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Haejung woke up when her alarm clock on her phone rang. She sat up and slide the screen to turn it off. Nothing, no notification, not even a text. She stared at the screen like she's waiting for something to pop up. She's waiting for a text, a text from Jongin. She shook off her thoughts and dropped her phone beside her and got out of bed to get ready for school. It's different, everything is different now. The only thing she hear is her brushing her teeth and that's it. There's no one downstairs that's cooking, or voices from the t.v, or even movements. It's only her and she's free but why she feel so cold? 

     Haejung finished brushing her teeth and taking a shower. She went to her closet and dress herself. When her reflection showed up in the mirror it seems weird. The clothes she's wearing aren't the ones Jongin chose. They're just clothes but why? She walk out of her room with her backpack on her shoulder. She ate her breakfast that was just plain milk and cereal. She locked her flat with her key and then head for the university. 

     "Haejung!" Haejung lifted up her head to see her friends waiting on the bench. 

     "Where's Kai?" Yehee asked.

     "We" She didn't know how to answer her question. She didn't want to say they broke up or lie to them. "We had a fight last night." It's true though, they did have a fight.

     "Aw, hope you guys make up again." Yehee pouted. 

     "What happened?" Mido asked.

     Haejung glanced at Chaeyool who's sitting on the bench watching the birds bathe but she's also listening. "It's just a little fight. So until then, we're not talking to each other." Why? Why isn't she telling them what happened? They're her best friends but yet, she lied. Their mouths formed an O.

     "Look, there's Kai." Yehee spotted him walking over here. Haejung watched him. When they made eye contact, she felt a bang in her heart. His eyes were cold and empty. Jongin broke the contact and walk pass the girls to get to his friends. There's that weird feeling again. But this time, it's an empty one, just like his eyes. There's no Jongin beside her, there's no touch from him, and there's no kiss from his lips. 

     "Let's go to class."Mido said and Yehee groaned and whined like a little child.

     "Come on, you next year is your last so just work hard." Mido pushed her lightly to make her move. 

     "Ugh, that's so far." 

     Haejung and Chaeyool walk behind them. "What really happened?" Chaeyool whispered to Haejung so the others can't hear. 

     "I'll tell you later." Haejung whispered back. 

     During the lesson, Haejung couldn't focus. She would take glances of Jongin beside her. Her heart skips a beat whenever he caught her staring. She expected him to smirk at her actions but no, he turns away coldly. It's like she's a stranger to him. 

     Suddenly, her phone vibrated. She unlocked her phone and read the text. Meet me at Secret Cafe after school.  She turned around to see Chaeyool looking at her. She nodded and continue listening to the lesson, if she could.

     

     Haejung walk inside the cafe Chaeyool told her to go. Inside, she found her friend sitting in the booth that's located in the corner of the cafe. She walk over there and sat down across from her. The waiter came and Haejung ordered a strawberry smoothie while Chaeyool ordered mango. Both of them were quiet. No one spoke a word until Chaeyool opened .

     "What happened? I know you guys didn't have a little fight. If it was, he wouldn't ignore you that much." Chaeyool said and took a sip from her smoothie.

     "I, we did have a fight." Then Haejung started telling her from the beginning. A couple of minutes passed and she finished, ending with a deep breath. 

     "Why did you kiss him? He cheated on you? Don't you realized he's the one who broke you apart. Kai, he's trying his best. He was trying to fix you, putting you back together. You were blinded by Myungsoo that you didn't even noticed. To be honest, I think you're the one who's hurting him." Chaeyool leaned back in her seat. Haejung had her head down. Maybe she's right, maybe Haejung is the one who hurting him and not the other way around. 

     "But I have one question." Chaeyool sat up straight. "What happened? What happened two years ago that made you guys separate?" Haejung lifted up her head. She knew Chaeyool would ask her that one day, and today is the day. Haejung gather all her memories that happened two years ago. She remembers it well.

     "Two years ago.." She started. 

     "Oppa!" 18-year-old Haejung jumped on young Jongin. Jongin groaned and rolled over but he couldn't since Haejung was sitting on top of him. Haejung frowned when her boyfriend put his pillow on his face. 

     "Wake up." She said as she jump on his stomach and took the pillow. Jongin groaned again but opened his eyes. 

     "Let me sleep. You went rough on me last night." He smirked. She blushed a deep red and slapped his bare chest. 

     "Come on, your parents are coming today, remember?" She giggled and got off of him but before she got off the bed, Jongin caught her waist and brung her close to him. She yelped in surprise. 

     "Jongin-ah." She called. He hummed in response and he nuzzled her hair. She giggled and put her arms around his neck to pull his closer. He sniffed her shampoo from her hair which smelled like citrus fruits. 

     "I love you so much, baby." He said. 

     "I love you too." He pulled back to meet her eyes. He leaned in and placed a kiss on her lips. She kissed him back and closed her eyes. When they were about to get steamy, a knock on Jongin's door caused them to break apart.

     "Miss, young master, breakfast is ready." A maid informed them then left.

     "Go down first, I'll be there in ten minutes." He pecked her lips and got out of bed. Haejung gasped when she saw his friend. She quickly covered her eyes with her hands, making his chuckle. 

     "It's not like you haven't seen it before." He said.

     "Bye!" Haejung then ran out the door.  She sat down in a chair and waited for Jongin to come down. Jongin came down in normal jeans and a black sweater. His hair was semi-dry. He took a seat across from Haejung. The maids placed their breakfast in front of them and they started eating. 

     "What do you want to do today?" He asked. 

     "I don't know." She shortly answered. 

     "Want to see a movie? A new one just came out." He suggested.

     "Sure. I'll do anything if that means spending time with you." She smiled. 

 

     "It's so cold." Haejung said as she shivered. The two lovely couple were waiting in line to get the tickets for the new they're going to watch. Jongin took her arms and put it under his thick trench coat and around his torso. He put his arms around her and pulled her close to share his warmth with her. 

     "Better?" He asked. She nodded and snuggled against him. After the movie, Jongin and Haejung went to a pastry shop to buy a cake for his parents. 

     "Thank you." Jongin paid for the cake and both of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter