Someone

His Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

Someone

 

“Jongin-ssi, smile!”

Jongin bobbed his head onto the direction the voice was coming from. Seeing the camera that was focused on his position, he let out a smile posed. And then, did another one.

Where’s Soojung?

“Jongin-ssi! Jongin-ssi!” He turned around, stopping from his tracks. It was her manager. “She’s over th—”

Click!

“—there…” Oh…

“She’s taking a picture, she mustn’t know,” and her bear manager winked at him. Jongin muttered a ‘thanks’ before disappearing with a smile plastered on his face.

“What happened?” Soojung asked as soon as she finished taking a picture with the man.

[From: Ugly Guy] Hey. What’s up?

Soojung turned at her manager and asked, “Is he here?”

Her manager chuckled at her, amused at her oblivious side. “You just met eyes earlier, didn’t you noticed it?”

Her forehead furrowed. What?

And then, she remembered how the blinding light greeted her upon entering the venue. But she can’t remember that she met a pair of eyes that time. “Um, except for the reporters, which eyes should I meet?”

The manager chuckled, “Nevermind it, Soojung ah. Don’t mind me.”

 

xxx

 

Her shoes clacked like a gunshot, proceeding her way towards their car. She’s readying herself for another take of the so-called photoshoot which always happens at every event that will take place.          

“He’s stealing some glances,” his manager blurted, out of the blue. Soojung was engaged on her mobile phone when she whisked her gaze at him. “The host?”

“Of course the host would steal glances because there’s a chance that he will mention—”

The manager sighed, shook his head, closed his eyes, and massaged his temples. “You are really something, Jung Soojung.”

She looked at him curiously. “Um, should I say something or…”

[ From: Ugly Guy] Please spare a time to visit OUR house.

From her phone, to his manager, and vice versa, she was curious at the message she receive. She thought why was he texting her to come at their house at this moment?

Is he going to tell her to annul the wedding? Why is it always the first thing that comes to my mind anyway?

He’s happy, she thought, and why?

“Hey,” she nudged politely. “Erm, I think I should go to um,” she coughed, “Our house.”

 

xxx

 

Please tell me what am I doing here around nine o’clock in the evening?

A pitch black family room with just the moon as its source of light was trapped between the glass window and the silk curtain.

She insisted that, she will be staying here for the night or so since she’s going to fix something in her room, as an excuse.

“Hello?” she was standing at their receiving area with her attire freshly arrived from the event. So why did he ask me to come at the house?

But he didn’t say that you should go now.

Who knows?

[ To: Ugly Guy] I’m here.

She blankly and absent-mindedly stared at her mobile, no clue of what she did.

[ From: Ugly Guy] I know, I’m here.

What.

What did I do?

As on cue, the pitch black room turned into something she didn’t expect.

Everything around her glistened, and when she started to walk, every path she takes brightened.

She was given this fantasy-like feeling that when she walks, the light immediately lights up. Soojung gnawed her lower lip, trying to keep her excitement, and at the same time, her palpitating heartbeat.

“Jongin?” she whispered softly, unaware of her surroundings. “Jongin?”

A chuckle escaped from his mouth. “W—what is happening here?”

Her steps halted. She bit her lip. This is a joke.

The scenery in front of her is such a romantic scene for her. It’s her dream, for a man of her love to put a lot of effort here and later on, propose.

Thoughts are overflowing in her head, and she can’t process what’s going on. If she’s going to treat this as a dream, she would kill the feeling of him doing it to her.

Who and where is Kim Jongin?  

“Baby, I’m right here.”

The will to continue powered up. But what will happen when she reached the end? When she reach him?

“I don’t bite,” he joked. “I know this isn’t the right time to do this since I know we’re both exhausted because of the event.”

“Soojung, I’m being serious here for the nth time.” he announced. “And this time, I can’t promise that I won’t screw up. We’ll talk to each other, and then, will reveal the real thing between us.”

swing open. No. This can’t be happening. I have a plan, and this thing is wrecking it.

He smiled, and I don’t know if it’s wrecking me inside or not.

“Soojung?” He seemed innocent, and I can’t take it if I… will break his happiness.

Or is it his real happiness?

She curtained her hair and walked slowly towards him; and the place lit up.

“I am… really bad at things like this. I’m such a klutz.”

There we have it—she hit him with her purse, lightly.

“Hey! Hey! It hurts—ouch!” Soojung cleared and remained decent. “You’re such an awkward person, Jongin.” she declared, fanning herself. “But you love me,” she stopped.

Did I say something wrong? Jongin thought.

He scratched his nape. “So can we dance?” he shyly asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter