Catch me, I'm Falling

His Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

Catch me, I’m falling

She looked away and bit her lip. Her feet went a step away from him. “W—wait…” she murmured. She can’t digest what he had said.

He looked at her. The guy looked at his beloved angel lovingly.

“I won’t be there at all times. And, if ever I can, can you promise me something?”

Her deep eyes went deeper and entered a dark phase. It’s been months since she talked to him. Yet she didn’t expect that this will be his words for the time span.

“Erm…” Soojung started. “I don’t know what to react but who knows? Let’s give it a try, shall we?” her answer was precarious. She’s her very close friend, and she’ll try to take the risk.

“Well, spill.”

The guy fiddled his hands together. His forehead creased, his eyebrow knitted. He shook his head for the last time before giving in. “I’m not sure if you know that I know about ‘it’.”

She sensed something. A cup of latte was sitting in front of her and a frappe in front of him. The roaring engines from afar turned louder, and it fictionally hurt her ears.

“I would be honest,” The chocolate chip frappe was drew closer towards his mouth as a back-up of what he was about to say. “He was there when I wasn’t.”

Big word.

“No one can blame you for falling into your parent’s trap. And when I said that, who told you that it’s always right to follow your parent’s path?”

Dead silence came in.

The wind chimes made contact with each other when a person entered the café. It’s nice to hear a relaxing chime in just a second, she thought.

And that would do no pain, she added.

Her phone was beside her untouched cup of latte. Beforehand, she had written a coffee art in her strongly-kept diary slash journal slash art book.

It beeped. An unknown number flashed on her screen.

“Who was it?” Soojung tore away her gaze from her phone towards the guy in front of her. “Just please get straight to the point, that would do no harm, yes?”

He smirked and took a sip from his frappe.

[From: Unknown Number] I know you’re married with Kim Jongin or EXO’s Kai for short.

“Here’s the deal,”

Every minute passed made Soojung nervous on her seat. The guy in front of her…

Unpredictable.

“If someone would know about your marriage, then maybe you should annul the wedding because, who knows, it will bring your career down. Now what would you choose?”

“What did you say, again?”

Jongin’s eyes look at her the same eyes she did when she was searching for him. His eyes were pleading.

“Look at me in the eyes and tell me that you love me, Soojung.” How can I lie? Soojung thought. Is this the best time to lie? When our ‘us’ is starting to build up?

She took another step away. He took a step forward with his arms extended towards her. “Hey, don’t be frightened.”

If I would say yes, what would happen?

“Come to me, Soojung. Come to me. Be with me and cherish each other’s existence.” What if I tell you that I’m severely annoyed with your existence, would you still believe me?

“Annul the wedding, Jongin. I’m tired of everything.”

Days, weeks, months had passed.

And their situation is getting worse than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter