Together, again.

Cube Investigations Association 2: Revenge Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That noona, when she first met us, she was so distant.”

-FLASHBACK-

“I’m Vinny, formerly of the C12. I will be the new leader of Les Garde. Pleased to make your acquaintance.” Watching her small frame give a small bow towards them, Evan couldn’t help but feel… sad for her. The 4 members know her story. The amount of burden she carries. The painful route she took towards the recover.

The tears she hold all to herself in those lonely eyes.

He slowly nudged his other half, “Eve…”

“Yeah, I know what you are thinking. “She smiled sadly at their new captain who was currently talking to Yvonne. “What a sad person.”

-END FLASHBACK-

Yun grabbed a chair and slithered in, toying with one of the random pens laying on the table. “When we initially heard her story, yes, we knew it was an emotional trauma that no human should have to go through. Yet when we saw her, she still looked so strong.” The pen made a loud thud as her dropped it, “she still looked so desperate to keep herself together.”

The aura exerted by the C12 was that of an extremely gloomy one. Yes, this few weeks have been hard with the challenge and all. However, it was far was for Vinny. They had each other, they knew each other’s pain but, Vinny…

Who could truly understand the pain she had to go through? Even when she was surrounded by the members of the bright Les Gardes, who among them could truly relate to her?

No one.

“Even if that is true, it shouldn’t affect your decision to join back the C12 at all.” Alice followed Vinny’s gaze to the night skies. “Me liking him, doesn’t change anything. Doesn’t change the fact that you are the original member. Doesn’t change the fact that I was the leader of Les Gardes.” She inhaled a deep breath as she faces the truth for the hundredth time.

“Doesn’t change the fact that Jang Hyun Seung loves you.”

She knows.

She knows Alice is right. But, something just feels so wrong about going back and Vinny just can’t figure out what. Was it because she has been away for too long? Was it because she was too used to the Les Gardes? Was it because…

“You know the feeling of being replaced and don’t want me to feel it.”

Vinny stares at Alice, mouth agape. She was right. She knew all too well. It was painful watching Alice take her place in the C12. Bond with them, take missions with them. She does want to go back to them but… was it the trauma from the previous case speaking? She didn’t want anyone t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter