Forever

Forest of Dreams

 

Two months had passed since Sehun had dropped Xiumin home and drove off into the snow, and a lot had changed since then. Sehun met someone. Someone who had managed to end Sehun’s feelings for Luhan, by making him fall completely in love with them. And Sehun was pleased to say that he was happy – a feeling he hadn’t experienced properly in a long time.

 

Sehun met Tao on the underground in the city. It had been very busy and they happened to be squashed together face to face. As they were both stubborn characters, they ended up in an argument.

‘Fine! Just get your foot off me!’ Sehun moaned.

‘Move your arm!’ Tao ordered, raising his voice.

Sehun had retained composure, but argued back, ‘No, you move yours!’

‘How about no!’ - The stranger raised an eyebrow.

Sehun raised an eyebrow back and smirked, ‘How about yes!’

‘How about give me your number!’

Sehun was surprised but didn’t show it, keeping an annoyed tone he replied, ‘Fine!’

‘I am Tao and I find you annoying!’

‘I am Sehun and likewise!’ he had argued back.

Sehun gave Tao his number and got off at his stop – he looked back at the train to see Tao glaring at him and smirked back.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Despite the fact that their matching stubbornness clashed, Sehun and Tao had enough in common to bring them close together very quickly. Sehun had no doubt that his feelings for Luhan were no longer around; therefore, he thought that it was time to talk to him again. He reckoned that he had left enough time for Luhan to forgive him and wanted to know how his relationship with Xiumin was going. He called Luhan and as if everything were normal again, they chatted away, updating each other on their lives.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Xiumin was sat on the sofa, listening to Luhan’s voice as he talked on the phone in the kitchen. He loved his voice; to him it was like silk. When he heard the phone being put down he called out, ‘Lu-ge? Who was that?’

Luhan came in, stood behind him and leant over the sofa, wrapping his arms round his neck. He kissed his cheek before replying, ‘Sehun.’

‘Sehun?’ Xiumin was surprised, ‘How is he?’

‘He is good – he has met someone and he is happy,’ Luhan moved round and lay on the sofa, resting his head in Xiumin’s lap.

‘Really?! That is great! We should arrange to see him soon so that we get to meet them. I am so glad he is happy,’ Xiumin smiled drew circles on Luhan’s cheek with his finger. It tickled and Luhan giggled.

‘Hey Luhan, do you remember when I saw that shooting star that you missed?’ Xiumin asked.

Luhan sat up and moved onto Xiumin’s lap, wrapping his legs around his hips.

‘Of course,’ he grinned, ‘how could I forget? That was the day you came back to me and kissed me and I told you that all our moments together are and will be perfect. Then, I kissed you,’ he moved closer, ‘like this,’ Luhan kissed Xiumin just as he had done that night and Xiumin could see the stars behind his closed eyes. Luhan brushed a hand down his face before pulling away, he said, ‘That was the best day of my life.’

 ‘Best day of your life so far,’ Xiumin said softly, leaning in to kiss him again. He stopped just before their lips touched and then remembered, ‘Hey! You made me forget that I was about to say something!’

‘Oh! Sorry!’ Luhan pouted his lip.

Xiumin lifted Luhan's chin, ‘So, umm, oh yeah, the shooting star.’

‘Oh yeah,’ Luhan confirmed.

‘You never asked me what I wished for and-’

Luhan interrupted with a gasp, ‘I forgot! Tell me, tell me!’

Xiumin laughed and rolled his eyes, ‘Well, I know that you are only supposed to make one wish but I made two. The first was for Sehun’s happiness, he may have made mistakes but he deserves to be happy as much as you do,’ his voice turned to a whisper and he added, ‘which is a lot.’

‘That is good of you,’ Luhan smiled, ‘And the second?’

‘The second was that I could always have you – forever.’

Luhan stared into his eyes, ‘On my life - forever.’

 

A/N; This is the final chapter - I don't want to finish it if I am honest but I know that it is right to do so.  Thank you to everyone for reading, I still can't believe that it got over 3000 views so thank you all (;_;)