Xiuhan indeed :)

Forest of Dreams

Luhan took the red scarf that Xiumin had given him off of the hook. He wound it round his neck and a gentle hand down it. He then put a hand in his pocket and felt the red stone. He ran his thumb over the engraving and smiled. He left the house and closed the door behind him. It was snowing lightly and he took a second to look up at the falling snowflakes. He closed his eyes and let a few fall onto his face - they melted with his warmth. Opening his eyes and looking forwards, he made for the path. He waded through the deep snow and began to walk through the forest. It wasn’t long before he reached the clearing and he sat down to wait under the pine. He took out the stone and fiddled with it in his numb hands.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

The drive was short and soon they were going up the country road towards Luhan’s house. Sehun stopped the car as they were approaching and Xiumin turned to look at him in surprise. His face then relaxed.

‘You are not coming.’ Xiumin told him, as if he already new.

‘No. I’m not’ Sehun stared straight ahead, refusing to look at him, ‘I think it is best if I just leave you two for now – plus, Luhan will forgive me in his own time.’

Sehun continued to keep a completely expressionless face.

‘So, I will leave you here and drive away now.’

‘I understand,’ Xiumin replied, placing a hand on the car door, ‘thank you Sehun, for everything.’

Sehun began to talk, ‘but I didn’t even… I…’ but Xiumin had already shut the car door and had begun to walk away.

 

Sehun smiled as he turned the car around and looked in the wing mirror to see Xiumin waving. He didn’t look away until he couldn’t see him anymore.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Xiumin watched the car disappear round the corner before walking through the snow towards the house. He didn’t get far before he noticed tracks in the snow that were leading away from the house. He knew they were Luhan’s. Despite himself, he checked the house anyway, knocking and waiting before leaving to follow the tracks. He knew where Luhan was and he knew that he was waiting for him.

Once on the path, he ran – faster than he had ever run before – and did not stop until he reached the final path that opened onto the clearing. He threw his bag down and caught his breath as he looked around. The first thing to catch his eye was his red scarf that was tied round the neck of…

‘Luhan,’ Xiumin whispered.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Luhan watched as Xiumin sprinted into view at the top of the pathway and dropped his bag. His breathing slowed as he looked around until his eyes fell on Luhan.

The whole forest was silent.

Even though they were too far away from each other, Luhan still heard his name and he stood up in response. His eyes glistened as he ran them over his Baozi. He had dreamt about this moment for so long that is was almost surreal – almost.

 

~~~~~~~

 

There was no need to rush anymore –Xiumin could see that Luhan was here. He started to walk slowly over, his breathing still heavy from running. Luhan was standing completely still, his mouth open slightly. When Xiumin reached him he stood in front of him in the silence of the forest, completely still. The only movement around them was falling snow. They stared straight into each other’s eyes.

Xiumin reached out and grabbed Luhan from behind the head; he pulled him close and kissed him. Luhan immediately grabbed him around the back and waist and kissed him back. Their lips entwined and Xiumin pushed Luhan against the trunk of the pine. In that moment, the trees, the snow, the forest, the world, fell away leaving them the only two people in the universe. Luhan ran his fingers through Xiumin’s hair and whispered against his lips, ‘I’m sorry.’

Xiumin immediately pulled away and placed his forehead against Luhan’s, keeping his eyes shut. He mumbled back, ‘Don’t you ever, ever apologise to me again – ever,’ before placing his lips back on Luhan’s. Between kisses and gasps for breath, he whispered, ‘I love you Luhan.’

 

~~~~~~~~

 

They sat together at the top of the pine, watched the sun set then stared at the stars. They were bright, brighter than usual and Xiumin rested his head against Luhan’s chest to hear his heartbeat. Luhan was Xiumin’s hair, unable to take his eyes off of him. Light streaked across the sky and Xiumin gasped.

‘What?’ Luhan asked.

‘Did you not see that? It was a shooting star!’ Xiumin exclaimed excitedly, looking up at him. Luhan could see the stars reflected in his eyes.

‘No, I missed it,’ he replied, frowning.

‘Oh,’ Xiumin said, sitting up and pausing to think for a moment, ‘Well I guess not all of our moments together can be perfect.’

Luhan pulled him towards him and whispered, ‘you are wrong,’ before kissing him gently.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Luhan held Xiumin in his arms and spoke softly to him, ‘You know, I never meant any of the things I yelled at you.’

‘I know.’

‘And you know that I would never chose anyone over you, not even Sehun, not anyone.’

‘Really? Anyone?’

‘Anyone,’ he paused to grin, ‘Where could I find another steamed bun on such sort notice anyway?’ He teased, poking him in the ribs before kissing the back of his neck – to which Xiumin giggled.

‘And, about your letter,’ Luhan began again, ‘it was the most important thing that anyone has ever said to me – so thank you.’ He smiled and didn’t have to see Xiumin’s face to know that he was smiling too.

‘Oh, and Xiumin?’

‘Yeah.’

‘One more thing.’

‘Mmm.’

‘I love you more - no arguments.’

 

A/N: This has been the hardest one to write so far (;_;) I am unsure of whether it is good enough or not but anyways, it is going up.  - feedback good and bad is always appreciated as it helps me to improve :)