First Session

Dissociative Identity Disorder

"Good morning, Tiffany? May I help you?" a young handsome doctor said after pushing his specs on the tip of his nose and look at the girl who is timidly sitting in front of him. With her head bowed down and her hair covering half of face it is still noticeable how she dart her eyes everywhere except to the doctor himself. His office is really comfortable and has the homey vibes that gives a calming effect to the person inside the room but not to Tiffany, she was suffocated somehow with every details she's seeing. The white walls that is surrounding the room, the glassed windows and doors, the carpet-floor, the mahogany sofas and cabinets and the accentuated smell of lemon feels like its giving her a heart attack. She wanted to run away and hide but she knew better than that. "I think...I think something is wrong with me" she mumbled with her cheeks flushing red and tears are already starting to beam on her eyes.

 

You know what? I think its best to consult a psychiatrist or a psychologist.

The memory resurface on her mind, Lu Han look at her curiously with a visible glint on his eyes, "I want to hear more" he said reassuring Tiffany that everything is ok, grabbing a pencil and a paper in the near side he readied himself and listened to the person sitting in front of him "I don't know what's wrong with me but sometimes I did something but I can't remember ever doing it, somebody would tell me that I've met them already but I really can't remember if I did" Lu Han started scribbling as Tiffany huffed an air "And what scare me the most is that someone is inside me" with her last statement, Lu Han's head shoot up and look at her as if he needs more explanation. 

"My friend even told me that one time I was acting weird that the whole day I keep talking in English and introduced myself as someone else" She bit her lip and looks like she's about to cry, Lu Han nodded and scribbled again "I'm scared...I'm scared what if I'm crazy, am I crazy doc?"  She asked and suddenly Lu Han notice the sudden change of her posture. Before she was only slouching on the chair but this time, Tiffany stood up and started pacing back and forth while muttering to herself. Lu Han was taken aback by her actions "Tiffany please sit down, let's talk more" he said regaining his composure, "no no no... You're just like everyone. You'll hurt me.. I don't like you... Please let me go" She said trying to look around with wild eyes, Lu Han stood up, attempting to calm her down but Tiffany widened her eyes and step back "No no no please don't hurt me, I'm sorry please don't touch me" She said with her body trembling and tears are already flowing. "No, Tiffany, I'm not gonna hurt you, remember you came here for my help." Lu Han said with a calm tone trying to go near her, Tiffany shook her head with unconscious tears flowing on her eyes "no...I'm not Tiffany, I'm Miyoung and all of you are the same. All the same" She muttered with still her body trembling, she's now hugging herself on the farthest corner of the room while hugging herself and looking at Lu Han as if he's a monster who came to devour her flesh. Lu Han's brows knitted in confusion "Ok Miyoung" He said unsure trying to maintain the collective voice he had before "I will not hurt you, I promise, now calm down and let's talk" He said going near her, Tiffany/Miyoung tried to push herself with her feet but she was already cornered so she has no choice but to stay frozen on her position "No no no please stop, don't touch me. Don't hurt me" She mumbled while hugging herself,"Miyoung you can trust me, I will not hurt you I promise." Lu Han said, Miyoung hesitated but she stood up before looking at Lu Han as if she was a prey soon to become a dinner for a big predator. Her eyes were puffy and her nose became red because of the crying, she shuffled on her feet and went to sit at the chair in front of Lu Han's desk still looking cautiously with every move Lu Han does "Is it ok if I record what were talking?" Lu Han said opening a drawer with a big voice recorder inside, Miyoung nodded before slumping at her chairLu Han notice the sudden change of posture she had.

"So Miyoung..." Lu Han was cut off when suddenly she gave her a death glare as if telling him to shut up "Ahh I see you've met Miyoung already, tss that girl is really annoying though anyway I'm Stephanie, nice to meet you" She said while playing with the tip of her hair. Lu Han was amused and the glint in his eyes is really noticeable, beside, in his five years in the field of Psychology he never met someone like her. "Nice to meet you too Stephanie, how are you doing?" He asked taking a sit on his chair before, he started scribbling as Stephanie look around still playing with her hair and the bored expression on her face cannot be missed too. "I'm good, I'm good why does your office looks boring?" She said before standing up and taking a tour around, Lu Han followed suit, "Stephanie, I want to ask you some few questions, is that okay?" He said as he watch her sat on the sofa with her feet tuck on her lap, she nodded before grabbing an apple provided on the coffee table "Do you know Tiffany?" She nodded, Lu Han scribbled. "What can you say about her?" Stephanie rolled her eyes before taking a bite into the apple "That girl is too boring, always ignoring me and Miyoung, oh wait you've met Miyoung too right? She's boring too" She said with an exasperated sigh, Lu Han chuckled before scribbling on his paper "How about you say something about yourself instead?" He said and the way she grinned is remarkably big "ooohh I love you too" She said before sitting up like a student who's ready for a recitation.

"So I'm Stephanie and I came from California, I like pancakes, ice cream and fashion" She giggled like a child, Lu Han wrote and then look at her urging Stephanie to talk further more "Also, I like you" she giggled and Lu Han look at her as if she's kidding, she then sighed dreamily and went to rest her cheeks on his table while looking at the coffee mug resting on his desk "When I was young, I used to love amusement parks and I want to go back there again" She said "Then why don't you go back?" Lu Han ask "Because Tiffany and Miyoung is scared" She said before standing up "I'm going, I don't like being here" She said and walk towards the door, Lu Han stood up "No wait Stephanie, come back here. I want to hear more" He said attempting to call on her attention, but too late, she already worn her coat after giving it a disgusted look, she look at him one last time before fully existing the suffocating room. 

× × ×

Author's Note: First crappy chapter. There's more to come. Please do subscribe and comment, thanks. ♥