CHAPTER 11

Beautiful Restriction

 

Deal or No Deal?

 

I am walking along the hallway to go to the library because we have this research paper for Greek Mythology. As I was looking for a book that may help research I suddenly thought of Taecyeon oppa.

It’s been a month since the incident with Taecyeon and Siwon happened. I've never seen Taecyeon since then and I don't know where he is right now maybe he went to states or somewhere. I don't know but I still care for him sometimes however when he is acting like a prick I really hate him. 

As for me and my friends it’s been a good month for us since we are accepted from the different organizations and competitions that we auditioned in. Like Sooyoung, she got accepted in the Dance club. Then Jessica, Seohyun, and I were accepted in the Glee club. Then the four of us were also accepted in drama club.

We also met new friends in our class. Yoona is tall, intelligent, and funny girl in class. We call her alligator Yoong because is like an alligator when she laughs. There's also Yuri, tall, pretty, sporty like girl who loves herbal drinks. She is also funny because she loves to prank other people and I was one of the victims. I have a phobia on bugs and fish eyes so one time she put a fake cockroach on my chair and I totally freaked out that the whole class was disturbed. Worst part is that we got in to detention for a day. She apologized to e and from then on she never includes me on her pranks again.  Sunny on the other hand is a sweet, lovable, smart, and full of aegyo that sometimes we wish that she'll never do it AGAIN. It makes me cringe and worst of all we want to punch her when she does it. But we love her coz she's like our motivator or an energy pill to our group. Then there's Hyoyeon the clown of the group she has full of humor that even if she doesn't intend to joke it’s really funny. Our life without Hyoyeon would be boring. But sometimes when she's serious it’s like a different side of her that you know there is something more than inside of her. Then lastly Taeyeon our dorky leader. She's good in making decision and a quick thinker as well. Taeyeon sounds like an ajhumma (old lady) when she laughs. She also loves dookong (peas) and she’s collecting it from smallest to biggest ones. Taeyeon is also kid at heart because simple things can make her happy.

My thoughts were interrupted when suddenly Minho showed up.

“Hey Fany.” He said

“Hi Minho, are you looking for something?” I asked

“Yeah, the Greek Myth research paper. Are you done with it?”

“Not yet, I’m still looking for an Edith Hamilton version.”

“I see I have that one but it’s in my house you want to borrow it?”

“Sure why not? If it’s okay with you”

“Of course it’s okay, so later are you free?”

“Hmm I still have tutorials later.”

“I can wait for you I have my practice later as well.”

“Oh okay 5pm let’s meet at the waiting area.”

“Okay see you later I’ll be going now bye!”

 

After Minho and I talked Yoona called me.

“Unnie there you are we’ve been looking for you because it’s time to go to the Gym for our PE class.” She said

“I forgot about that, okay let’s go now.”

We went to the locker room to change our outfits then we headed outside the court.

 

At the Gym        

“Okay class our activity today is going to be Dream Team style.” Our professor said

“First, I will group you into 3 teams 10 members each.” He added

“Team A, Minho, Tiffany, Yoona, Jessica, Geunseuk, Jihoo, Nana, Hara, and Kiseop.”

“Team B, Seohyun, Yonghwa, Sooyoung, Sekyung, Hyoyeon, Key, Onew, Jonghyun, and Nicole”

“Team C, Taeyeon, Yuri, Sunny, Kevin, Aj, Hoon, Hyomin, Sunye, Hyunjoong, and Eli.”

“So everyone has a team our first game is 200 meter dash relay. The rules are players must walk the entire course, if anyone of you caught cheating automatically your group will be eliminated.”

 

Our team chose Minho, Kiseop, Nana, Yoona, and me for this round. I will be the first one in the relay, and I am a bit nervous since my opponents are so tall especially Sooyoung.

 

“Yah! Sooyoung! Slow down when you walk okay? Hahaha!” I told her

“Hahaha! No way Fany-ah! We will win this round.” She told me

“Guys you both know that I walk faster than the two of you so stop arguing already.” Yuri said jokingly

“Yah! What are you saying Yuri-ah!” Soo and I both yelled at her

“Girls stop arguing the game is about to start.” Our professor said

 

Then we all went to our places. After we heard the go signal, I tried my best to walk faster than those two but unfortunately I failed. Sooyoung's team won then she approaches me.

 

“Fany-ah what can you say huh?' teasing me like a kid

“We will win the next round, you'll see”

“Yah guys why you are so competitive it’s just a game.” Jessi interjected

“We have a be- Aaaah!” Sooyoung almost spilled our secret bet but I pinch her in the arms HARD.

“It’s nothing Jessi.” then I showed her my eye smile

“Yah! That hurts!” Sooyoung said whispering

“It should be only between the two of us! We'll just tell them later when I win this game.” I explained still holding her arm 

“How sure are you that you will win this game?!”  Sooyoung said

“Hey! I’m still here guys!” Jessi said

“Sorry Jessi we'll tell you later after the game.” I said

 

It’s not that I don't really want to tell Jessi. It’s just that I don't want them to help Sooyoung win the bet. Yes I'm sure of that if they know what our bet is they'll definitely help her and I'm sure of it

 

After the final round UNFORTUNATELY we lost. Sooyoung is totally rejoicing about it ‘coz finally I will do the bet.

 

“Woohoo! Fany-ah you'll do it tomorrow!” she said

“What?! I don't have a dress to wear for tomorrow! Can we reschedule the—“ Then I was cut off by Jessi

“Can someone please tell us now what the bet is all about?” She asked

“Jessi call the others and we'll tell you what it is.” I told

 

We gather around the benches while Sooyoung is still rejoicing her victory over me. I was pissed off because I lost but I know it’s just a harmless bet so I shouldn’t be mad.

 

“So what is this all about?” Jessi started

“Well it’s about going out with Siwon oppa.” I replied

 

Flashback

I was walking around the corridor when Siwon oppa approached me.

Hi Fany-ah, can I ask you something?”

“Yes oppa what is it?”

“Uh-mm I don’t know how to say this...”

“Are you okay oppa? You seemed so nervous.”

“Yes I’m okay. Fany-ah I want to ask you if- if wecangototheparkorsomething?” He said rambling with his words

“What? Sorry I did not catch that oppa.” I said a little bit confused

“I- I want to ask you ifyouwanttogotheparkwithme.” He did it again

“Oppa, I can’t understand what you’re trying to say so please calm down you look like you’re gonna pass out.”

 

He suddenly stood up and screamed like letting his emotions out or something. He went back to me then he held my hands while looking into my eyes and he said,

 

“Will you go out on a date with me Tiffany Hwang?”

I was shocked and I don’t know what to say.

“I…“ Then I was silent for a few moments

“Tiffany?” He called my attention

“Oppa, I think I’m.. I’m not yet ready to date right now?” I said sounding like I wasn’t sure of myself either

“Oh.. It’s okay Tiffany I can wait.” He said letting go of my hand then he stood up

“Okay I’ll go inside now I’ll be late in class.” He said

 

Then he left me there. I know I hurt his feelings but I wasn’t sure at that time if I’m ready to date someone like him. It’s not that I don’t like him but there is this certain feeling that holds me back from dating him and I’m not sure what it is.

 

“So that’s the story guys.” I told them

“Woah you rejected Siwon oppa??” They asked in unison

“Guys I did not rejected him.. I just said that I’m not yet ready.”

“Wait, so why did Sooyoung unnie get involved in to this?” Seohyun asked

“Well, she approached me after that day.” I said

 

Flashback

While I was eating my lunch Sooyoung sat beside me and something about Siwon oppa

“Unnie~” She said

“Yes? Wait why are you acting cute to me Soo?”

“Uhmm Don’t you like Siwon oppa?”

“What’s with that question?” I said nervously

“Nothing I just want to ask.”

“Well.. Yes I like him. But don’t tell that to him or else I’ll kill you Soo.”

“Really!? Kyaa!! I knew it!! But why don’t you want to go out with him?”

“How did you-“

“Well wait before you over react to that. I just saw you and Siwon oppa talking outside so.. “ She said not looking at me while fidgeting her spoon.

“YOU EAVESDROPPED ON OUR CONVERSATION DON’T YOU CHOI SOOYOUNG?!” I was shocked that she did that

“Wha- I can’t help it! It’s so tempting! Sorry unnie~” She said with an apologetic look

“Aish Sooyoung never do that again okay? You’re invading our privacy!” I said

“Ooohh unnie I’m so sorry that I invaded your PRIVACY.” She said then I got what she meant

“Aigoo! That’s not what I meant!”

“Okay, okay I’m just teasing you unnie gosh so hot headed”

“Aish ‘coz you started it”

"Anyway, unnie why did you not accept it?"

"Soo, it's hard for me to point out why. Because I myself don't know if should I accept it or not. To tell you the truth my heart says yes but brain says no.."

“Unnie what if I make a deal?”

“What deal?”

“If our team wins in the PE class next week you will accept the date with Siwon oppa.”

“What? You’re going to make a bet for our date?!”

“That’s not what I meant for you to think unnie since you like him also, I think you need some kind of ‘Push’ or something to know if you and Siwon oppa will work. ”

Then I thought to myself that she’s partly right.

“You see unnie, there’s nothing harmful of trying to go on a date with my bother. He’s not like the other guys that will make a girl cry I can attest to that because I’m her sister. So giving him a chance and see what happens.”

“Okay fine but what if I win?”

“Hmm that’s simple I won’t get to eat lunch.”

“Oh come on that’s a lame bet!”

“Yah! That’s not lame! It’s food that we are talking about! My life!”

Then I thought of something brilliant.

“How about this, you will be joining Minho for lunch?”

“What!? Why!?”

“Why I thought you like him? And besides there is food involved” I said laughing at her expression

“Yes but please unnie anything but that!!”

“NO. Deal or No Deal?”

“Aigoo you’re smart unnie. FINE! But if I win you will date oppa the next day!”

“Deal.”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Sorry for the super late Update >.< anyways so here it is Chapter 11! hope you enjoy it :) its kinda funny coz I based this on Dream team episode of SNSD. But I change some of it to fit in my story LOL. :)) comments would be appreciated :D