twenty-one

absolute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three weeks pass by almost in a blink of an eye, at least for the two lovebirds. Soojung was too busy with her studies that she didn’t notice the time flew. Myungsoo, on the other hand, took some to completely set his feelings aside and focus in his work. He managed to do it, though. He did his work professionally and made it clear that he had set boundaries whenever Jinri tried to do more than just work. He managed to escape from her grip, somehow, in a way and he thinks he did great. By the time they both realised it, it was finally time to go back. To where they really belong.

Soojung arrives two days later after Myungsoo, a week after her very first nephew was born. Kris and Jessica are there at the Jung’s house to welcome her back, and once she lands her eyes on the baby boy, she couldn’t tear her eyes off him. He’s so beautiful. They intentionally wait for Soojung to get back before they name him, and finally they decide to name him as Uriah. Uriah Wu. She smiles in delight, loving everything about the newborn very much. He’s got his mother’s nose and father’s eyes. Soojung thinks it’s beautiful that she tears up, adoring a creature of both Jessica and Kris merged into a very adorable human being. She has the boy in her arms all day long, forgetting the jet lag that she’s having, and after she puts the boy to sleep around 8, only then she goes to her room to clean herself up.

She sighs in relief as the hot water runs against her skin, washing away the fatigue that causes sore to her muscles. After having a good shower for almost an hour, she goes out in an oversized shirt with short that’s invisible under her big shirt, feeling fresh as she dries her hair with the towel. Just when she’s about to sit on the bed, she’s startled by a faint voice behind her.

“That was one hell of a long shower.” He says.

Soojung gasps as she accidentally drops the towel to the ground, turning her head before she feels movement on the bed, and finally the presence of warmth that’s snaking from her waist throughout her body. She smiles unknowingly, putting her hand on top of his larger ones as he places his head on her back comfortably meanwhile the other hand is busy combing her hair. Oh God, how she misses being that close to him.

“How long have you been here?”

“Long enough to count the minutes you’d been in there till you’re out here.” He answers as he pulls her closer to him, couldn’t stand her intoxicating smell. She smells like blossoming flowers, she smells familiar, she smells like home. He has his legs dangling from the bed and she’s sitting in between them. He then places his chin on her shoulder, nuzzles against her neck, sending shivers down to her spine. “I miss you.”

She laughs. “I miss you too.”

She could feel him frown against her skin. That’s how close he is. “Are you sure? Cause I don’t think you really do. You had your eyes on Uriah, and that was what you’ve been doing all day. You didn’t even look at me, goddamn it. You sure you miss me?”

“I smell jealousy.”

“I am jealous.”

“Aww, I’m sorry, then. Never knew you could be jealous with a baby,” she snickers as she plays with his fingers. “I won’t do that again, promise.”

“You didn’t even look at me.” He whines.

“I know, I know. My bad.”

“You were literally ignoring me back there.”

She bits back her smile as she turns her head and places a chaste kiss on his nose. “I know. I’m sorry,” and then another kiss on his lips, even though it costs her hell to capture his lips due to their position. “Does that make it up to you?” she playfully asks before she finally turns around completely so that she can look at him in the face. Her long legs are now at the side of his waist as his hands rest on her back, preventing her from falling behind. Her shirt is a bit wet, probably from her hair.

“Not really.” He answers.

She chuckles as she cups his face in her hands, admiring God’s art. He looks handsomer than ever, if that’s even possible because he’s always good looking in her eyes, his hair is slightly longer now, and he looks rather peaceful with his eyes close like that. The faint light that comes from the lamp at her nightstand shines indirectly across his face makes it seem like as if he’s glowing in the dark. But even so he looks as if he’s in heaven, there’s something in his face that shows fatigue, that shows that he’s tired. She runs her fingers gently on his face, across his forehead, his eyes, his nose, his cheeks, his lips, his brows, as if she’s massaging them. He smiles before he kisses both of her palms, his eyes are still close.

“Are you okay?”

He softly nods. “I’m okay, now that you’re here.”

She leans into him until their foreheads and nose touch. “Thank you,” she says, her hands encircling around his neck, “for staying strong. I know you’ll make it.”

“Let’s not talk about that now.”

“That’s too bad, then.”

“Why is that too bad?”

“Because I think I could kiss you for hours for staying strong.” She replies teasingly which makes him frown.

“You don’t need such reasons to kiss someone, Soojung. I could kiss you for hours because I want to. It should work the same for you, too.” He says.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

Her eyes glisten playfully as she whispers, “Proof it, then.”

He finally opens his eyes, an eyebrow raises questioningly to her as he links his fingers together behind her back. “You’d be breathless.” He says, his voice is just as low as hers. And he could feel the anticipation kicks in in his core. He wants to kiss her. Be it only for a few minutes. Be it for hours. He misses her and she’s beautiful in the dark. Tempting, even. But, it’s not lust. He knows it isn’t. He’s not thinking about making love, if you’re wondering, he only wants to kiss her. The idea of doing that before they get married is just so wrong in his mind. So he’ll wait for that. But kissing her, he could do that since now till forever.

Soojung chuckles as she pulls his neck closer. “You’re too slow,” is all what she says before she presses her lips against him. She kisses like she misses him, and she means it. It wasn’t her intention to make him jealous and all, but since he really is, she doesn’t think it’s wrong to be the one who takes control this time. The thing is, she wants to make him forget the problems he has been dealing with for a while. That guy there has been in too many hardships because of her, and she knows even though he has never complained about it to her, he might be tired at some point, and he’s tired now. She could feel it in his voice. She could detect it on his actions. And so she kisses him. As a token of gratitude, partly. Mostly, because she wants to.

It takes him a few seconds to deliberate what she’s doing. He looks at her, and he thinks it’s funny how she takes the first step now, and even has her eyes closed for a quite some time. She’s always surprising. Just when you think you know her, she surprises you some more. She throws you off guard. And he definitely doesn’t expect her to be so brave, so bold in her action. It’s not like it’s the first time she ever kisses him first, but if she hasn’t realised it yet, they’re in her bedroom, in the dark and she smells so provocative, looking so heavenly. Things can happen. That can happen if he loses control of himself. Doesn’t she get afraid? Isn’t she afraid? What has gotten into her exactly?

But, he loves it, somehow.

And so he kisses her back. He follows her rhythm, slow and soft. Almost safe. His eyes are close, blending himself in the moment. The kiss is sweet. Innocence. Soft-lipped, we-have-all-the-time-in-the-world kind of kiss. He could feel she’s shivering, he’s not sure of what, but not from cold. His heart is beating wildly against his ribcage, his pulse quickens.

She pulls away, looking elsewhere but not him, cheeks flushed red (he wonders how he manages to notice), lips curving into a small, shy smile. He almost laughs at her. How can she be so confident at a moment and pure at another? Her shaky breath tickles his lips, almost teasing he could say. “What? Are you playing shy now after your bold act?” he teases, causing her to groan in embarrassment.

“Stop it.”

“You’re adorable.” He says. “Let’s have a date tomorrow.”

“Okay.”

“Good.” He smiles. “Now let’s continue from where we stopped.”

He kisses her again. It’s soft and sweet at first, just like before, but as time passes, it’s like as if they’re having an inner battle with each other. They’re getting competitive. It’s so intense that they’re both panting, hard, but even so no one really backs off. His hands hang loose by her waist, her fingers running through his hair. She could feel he’s smirking through the kiss as he pulls her up so that she’ll be sitting on him. She presses her lips into a thin line as he kisses her jaw, down to her neck to her collarbone. Her heart beats so fast as if it’s betraying her. She’s nervous, what more when his fingers start to dance across her bare skin under her shirt. He never goes up any further, upper, but she’s so nervous she’s shaking. She’s having a hard time breathing, and then he presses his lips on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter