t w e l v e

absolute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung sits on the front porch of her house as she waits for Jongin. They made a promise days before to go to the mall to buy gifts for Jessica and Kris. And even though it’s already 10.30 in the morning, Jongin never comes out from his house, which makes her sigh because he’s 30 minutes late. If he warns her that he’d be late, surely she won’t be up that early. Who even wakes up early on weekends? She calls him but he never answers. She rolls her eyes because he would get mad if she doesn’t answer his calls, and now he does the exact same thing.
 

She slumps her face to her knees, stomping a feet a little out of frustration. She sighs again, stomping her feet again, and then another sigh, and then she throws her head back and is about to yell out loud but stops immediately when Myungsoo’s figure comes into her eyes. He’s just coming out from his house, all dressed up with a black bag hanging on his arm, in which she believes it must be his camera. She scrunches her eyes a little so that she could look at him clearly and she knows from the look on his face he must be mentally laughing at her. She lowly groans as her cheeks heat up. He then walks up to her.
 

“Are you alright?” he asks and she knows he’s trying his best not to laugh. She ignores his question and motions him to move a bit to the left, in which he gives her a confused look but follows it anyway, until she says a soft ‘okay’ to him. He’s about to ask her why when his back suddenly heats up because of the sun. It isn’t that hot because it’s still winter but still. “Why are you—“ he then gives her a look. “Are you seriously using me right now?” She only flashes a mischievous smile and he could only shake his head. He steps closer to her anyway, totally blocking the rays from reaching to her, and she thinks she’s lucky.
 

“You’re such a spoiled brat, seriously,” he says and she frowns. She rolls her eyes at his reaction and she waits for another word of apology from him but receives none, except that he’s taking out his camera from the bag and she wonders if he could be more annoying than what he is that day. She sighs again because Jongin isn’t coming out yet and Myungsoo’s being ridiculous.
 

“Hey, Soojung,” he calls out, which makes her to look up to him and she gives him a questioning look. Her eyebrows raise up high when he positions the camera to his eye, adjusting the lens.
 

“What are you—“
 

“Smile, please,” he says, cutting her off.
 

“What? No way,” she replies. He lowers his camera and gives her a look and she returns the look as well by making faces.
 

“You’re seriously not going to smile?” he asks.
 

She shakes her head, indicating a ‘no’. Her face’s still cold, lips are still straight, eyes aren’t warm and tender. He then breaks into a grin. “Don’t make me—“
 

“Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope no—“
 

“You’re beautiful,” he says in a whisper, loud enough for her to hear and she’s kind of dumbfounded for a while and she’s loss at words. She seems confused, which makes him confused as well and he’s about to repeat it again but then she slowly, genuinely smiles, even though it’s a disbelief kind of smile. And he immediately brings the camera back to his eye and captures them all. And he loves it how the smile creeps up on her lips beautifully, of how her eyes appealingly turn into two crescents, of how her cheeks gradually becomes slight pink, and how her left hand is now on , and how she on her bottom lip after she pulls her hand away, and how she finally stands up from her sitting position and tries to take the camera away from him.
 

“You’re impossible,” she says and then she laughs, which makes him laugh as well as he raises the camera high up in the air. She then puts her hands on his shoulder to push herself up so that she could reach out for it, and she tries again, and she realises none of her efforts work and she wonders since when does he become that tall, and then she gives up. Just when she’s about to sigh, her eyes then travel upwards up to his eyes and stay there longer than they should, and only then she feels the presence of his hand on her waist.
 

She gasps ever so softly, hands that are on his shoulders are slightly shaking by the close proximity. She gulps, eyes travel upward to his hand that’s still up high in the air before they travel down to his eyes again and then she frowns when he starts to laugh, slow at first and then loud gradually.
 

“I don’t remember you being this nervous around me before. What happens to you, Jung Soojung?” he asks in mid laugh as he stares down to the girl. “Are you really alright?”
 

The girl could only return the stare. She breathes in and out, suddenly feeling the urge to just go for it. Go for what? She has no idea. But she has the urge to just let him know with what she really feels, and that yes, she’s nervous, so what? And she’s half-alright and half-not, but then again, so what? She’s nervous because he’s around and close. He’s against her fingertips. Of course she’s nervous. She won’t be if he’s Jongin or her dad or someone else. She’s nervous because he’s Myungsoo. So what?
 

“Ah, my arm,” Myungsoo lowly whispers as he frowns, finally lowering his hand and the camera down. He then pulls his hand from her waist to check out on the photos of her he captured, and he turns out to be right. Some of her photos are clear, and some are blurry. He laughs then, looking at the small screen and she wonders what makes him laugh ever so adorably like that? His laugh this time isn’t a teasing one, but soothing one.
 

“Why are you laughing?” she asks as she takes a peek at the screen and she groans in annoyance. “I looked horrible. Delete, please!”
 

He makes a face. “No way! You have no idea how long I’ve been waiting for this to really happen,”
 

She raises her brows. “For what to happen?”
 

“For me to personally take your photos, of course!” he answers as he keeps the camera back in the bag.
 

Soojung seems to be taken aback, but she remains her poker face and says, “But I didn’t look nice!” she whines.
 

He smiles listening to her rant, a beautiful kind of smile that he only can make. And then he says to her, “It’s okay if you don’t look nice, Soojung. You’re art, and art isn’t supposed to look nice, even though you do look nice. It’s supposed to make you feel something,” he then brushes her hair out of her face. “You’re an art.”

Soojung’s heart flutters. She tears up but she never cries and she wonders how he could say beautiful things and she wonders Myungsoo himself or his words are more beautiful. She couldn’t come out with an answer. She’s just very grateful she could witness both.
 

Jongin comes out then, and the two males walk side by side to Myungsoo’s car with her trails not too far behind them, and she never knows that he’ll come along with them because she doesn’t remember Jongin mentioning Myungsoo before, but not that it’d matter, if anything.
 

+
 

They finally arrive at the mall after a 15 minutes drive, with Soojung constantly nagging at Jongin for being late all along the way. He could only roll his eyes upon listening to her nag, choosing to shut up because he knows there’s no way he’d win if he argues back. Myungsoo gives Jongin a pat on his back once they get out from the car, whispering a soft ‘I don’t think I’d survive listening to that if I were you’, in which he replies him desperately, “Just take my life already bro,”
 

They mall is full with people since it’s weekend and the big crowd makes Soojung confused from where she should begin. She has no idea what to get for the bride. She lets her eyes wander all around, from one shop to another shop, meanwhile the two men keep following h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter