t e n

absolute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been 6 days since Myungsoo left, and he still hasn't called the now annoyed Jung Soojung. She rolls her eyes whenever she remembers his promise and that is to call her, but never did even until now. She knows he must be busy with his work and everything, but she guesses she would be okay if he didn't promise her anything. But he did, and he broke it.

She walks downstairs then in her pajamas. It's 10 and there's a premiere of The Maze Runner on Fox and she's for sure won't be missing it even though she has finished the series and even watched the movie for several times during its released. Her sister is already there, with pillows and blankets and a bowl of popcorn. She smiles to her, asking, "You're going to sleep here?"

"Of course I am, it's a movie night marathon!" Jessica exclaims rather cheerfully before she stuffs a handful of popcorn into . Soojung shakes her head, smiling softly as she looks at her sister. Only God knows how much she loves her. And in a few more months, she'll be going out from the house and lives the rest of her life with her loved one. To even think about it makes her stomach churns. She couldn't think how it would be to live without her sister for the second time.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Jessica asks even though her eyes are fixed to the screen. Soojung, whose eyes are teary, jolts before she shakes her head.

"Nothing." She answers, her voice above a whisper. She then watches Thomas, who finally remembers his name on the screen, and focuses on the movie, only conversing with her sister at some parts, but mostly when Newt and Minho come to the screen--and they talk about how good-looking they are with a loud, annoying voice. Soojung laughs and she thinks she will definitely miss this for sure.

The telephone rings when a Griever comes into the screen. Jessica kicks her sister's leg and says, "Go pick it up."

Soojung groans in annoyance. "You're older than I am, so why don't you be a good, responsible big sister and pick it up?"

Jessica shoots her a glare, gives her one last kick before she goes to pick up the call. She mentally curses, wondering who would've called at almost 11? Of course it's not that late yet, but there's a good movie on now! She huffs, picks up the phone, rolling her eyes and with a soft, sweet voice, she says, "Hello."

It's been a few minutes and Jessica hasn't coming back, and so Soojung turns her head to look at her sister. She's leaning against the wall with the phone placed between her shoulder and her ear, talking and smiling at the same time. She thinks it's Kris, even though it's kind of weird for him to call home when he could call her mobile, but then something her sister says catches her ears. "Why don't you call her?"

Soojung raises her eyebrows when her sister catches her gaze and she shrugs, finally putting away the telephone and says to her, "It's for you." And then she gives her one meaningful smile that Soojung almost thinks she's a creep. But still, she gets up from the couch and walks to her before takes the telephone from her. Jessica still has that smile on and only when she walks away she talks to the caller.

"Hello?" she says, eyes on the handsome Newt that seems smaller by now. She could only hear a dead silence by the other line and so she tries again, confused. "Hello? This is Soojung speaking." her sister gives her a questioning look and she shrugs.

She waits for another five seconds and nothing really happens that she grows annoyed. "Well, look, if you're not talking, I'm going to hang up now because my favourite movie is on now and you literally disturb me and my precious time and--"

And then she hears a chuckle that her rant stops. And she thinks she knows to whom it belongs. She remains silent and waits for him to start talking because she feels like burying herself alive. And finally the torture ends.

"Have you done talking?" He asks her, his voice is just as sweet as caramel, and she thinks, God, I really really really really miss that voice. Soojung feels her cheeks hot and she clears . "Well, have you done talking?" he asks again when he receives no response from her.

Soojung clears for the second time again before she replies him. "Well, now that you're talking then yes, I'm done talking." she's just very glad he's not there to see her face. She turns around just so that her sister couldn't see her.

She hears him laugh and she really wishes he'll be back soon. "How are you? It's almost 11 there, isn't it? Or is it 11 already? What are you watching that you even get mad at me for calling you?" he says in a teasing manner that Soojung turns redder, if that's even possible.

She holds back her smile before she answers him. "Well, I'm good, I guess, and yes, it's almost 11 and not yet 11, and I'm watching The Maze Runner, and no," she takes a breath before she continues. "I'm not at mad you for calling me." She mutters lowly, closing her eyes for a moment because she can't believe she just says that!

He chuckles again. "Okay, then why were you ranting moments ago?"

"Because you're not saying anything!"

"Aww, did you miss me that much that you even mad because I wasn't talking?" he teases her and she has to hold herself from exploding.

"God, you're still full of yourself, Kim Myungsoo." she says, dramatically rolling her eyes. And then she asks him, "How are you? It's morning there, right?"

"I'm good. And yes, it's morn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter