Hospitalized

그냥 ((Just Because))

 

 

"He received 11 stitches but  thanks to you, a further mess could be avoided. If you had been a few minutes late, he could have lost a whole lot more of blood. Anyway, he is fine and you may visit him. Do call me when he wakes up. I'd like to have a word with him."

 

As soon as they bowed to the doctor, they scrambled to the door and got tangled in a huge ball of human meat, racing to get to Hakyeon first.

 

"Ah! Don't pull my hair!"

 

"MY NOSE."

 

"Let go of my shirt!"

 

In the moment of confusion and shrieks, Sanghyuk managed to escape the scene as he stumbled forward and made his way to Hakyeon's bed. He sat on the chair and took Hakyeon's hand in his, gasping at the temperature of the leader's hand.

 

"Hyung..."

 

Hakyeon would hate this and sulk when he wakes up, Sanghyuk thought. The leader hated showing the members the weak side of him, claiming that a leader should not have any. Sanghyuk sighed and nuzzled into the hand that annoys him most of the time but provides the sense of safety and love when he needed it. That night the members took turns looking after Hakyeon, ensuring he is comfy and that the at last one of them would be there when he awakes. Wonshik walked over to Taekwoon who was fiddling with his phone. It had been Wonshik's turn and he had been kind enough to extent a few minutes of his shift in case Taekwoon wasn't mentally stable and prepared for his shift. When Taekwoon denies his duty, Wonshik totally blew up because honestly, he was pissed as currently what not with the previous incident and that Taekwoon doesn't seem to be fazed or feeling guilty at all. He dropped his formalities at once.

 

"Yah. Jung Taekwoon, are you kidding?! Move your and go take over your shift!"

 

"You little punk. DO NOT USE INFORMAL SPEECH WITH ME. I do not want to look after him."

 

"What the- Yah! Why, why do you not want to do so? Tch. Is the guilt eating you up? Is that it?!"

 

"You bas-"

 

They were interupted when a series of coughing was heard.

 

"Please, stop..."

Hakyeon rasped out The kids were by his side immediately. Hongbin pushed the button so that the doctor could attend to Hakyeon before glaring towards the two members who were about to lunge for each other's throat.

 

//////

 

"Hakyeon?"

 

"Y-Yes, doctor?"

 

"I pretty much found out, you know."

 

"I'm sorry. I-I couldn't help it." He stuttered as he played with his fingers, feeling small with the doctor looming over him.

 

"*sigh* I thought we discussed this before. Are the pills not working?"

 

"They do but-"

 

"You didn't take them did you? Hakyeon, I told you. You are on a whole new level of this. Your case is one of the worst I've seen. What would happen if the members were to found out? They wouldn't be thankful if they know that you are hiding this from them. You need to tell them so they could help you-"

 

"NO! N-No... Did you.. tell them?"

 

"I did not but you know this could not be hidden for a long time, they would soon notice the cold, empty bed and room, Hakyeon."

 

"I will tell them eventually. It's not the right time. We have packed schedules currently and they have more than enough stress and burdens to carry.If they were to know, I'd be one of the burden they have to carry. I am the leader. I am suppose to lessen the burden instead of adding to it. They have more than enough to deal with already especialy after what had happened today. They are snapping slowly due to the pressure and if I were to add to their burdens, they would eventually shatter to the pressure. Please give me, and the kids sometime."

 

"Hakyeon, I don't think you have much time left. We performed a CT scan on you and......"