Jaehwannie

그냥 ((Just Because))

 

 

Hakyeon was lost in his thoughts and was scrubbing away furiously when he heard a knock on the door.

 

"N hyung?"

 

Hakyeon's blood froze in his veins.

 

"Y- yes Jaehwan?"

 

"Hyung, can I talk to you, please."

 

"S-Sure. I'll be out in a minute." Hakyeon hid the brush amongst the dozens of his facial care bottles, pulled his sleeves down and went outside. His heart dropped when he saw Jaehwan sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.

 

"Jaehwan?" he sat next to the boy.

"Hyung..." Hakyeon's heart shattered into a million pieces when he saw the tears in Jaehwan's eyes. He quickly pulled the boy into his arms as he whispered sweet nothings into Jaehwan's hair.

 

"It's fine, I am here. Do you really want to talk to me? Are you sure?"

 

"Yes, hyung, please." he let out a whimper as he tried to control his tears and hiccup.

 

"Alright then. You can start when you are ready." Jaehwan leaned into Hakyeon's hand on his head.

 

"Hyung, is it wrong to have such a big nose? Is it really a curse to have one? Is it wrong if my past image looks ike a farm boy? But I was proud of my image, my hometown and my nose. They are the only thing I have besides my voice, hyung. Wy do the kids make fun of my nose, of my appearence?  Am I really ugly? Earlier today, Hyuk showed me a video and said that I resemble Ra and it made me upset because am I really that retarded? All I ever want to do is to keep them happy, because I am afraid that if I don't then all of us will collapse under the burden and stress. But sometimes, I am not trying to be funny but they would still make fun and laugh at me and it hurts me. Can they take me seriously for once? I know I might be very playful and I am the hyung that they feel comfortable being with but they go over the limit most of the time. I don't just go around running and screaming my head off in public, do I? I only do that in front of the camera, for Starlights and for VIXX. Hyung, I've been keeping this in since forever and I really don't want to breakdown in front of them because they would make fun of me, saying my tears are fake and that I should stop it because it's not funny. I can only show this side of mine to you hyung because I trust you. Help me, hyung."

By then, Hakyeon's shirt was drenched with Jahwan's tears and mucus. Hakyeon was speechless, feeling like a failure for his disability to gauge Jaehwan's real feelings.

 

Oh, god I didn't know, Jaehwan. I'm so sorry. I am a bad leader and I can't lead well, Jaehwan forgive me.

 

Hakyeon's eyes got teary but he sat up and in a sharp intake of air as he pulled Jaehwan up as well.

 

"Jaehwan, listen. Your nose is one of he biggest nose I've seen Jaehwan ." Jaehwan cringed and started pulling away only to be pulled back by Hakyeon.

 

"No, no, listen. Yes it is the biggest I've ever seen, but my first impression was that you'd lead a prosperitous life with that nose of yours. Jaehwan, you are special. You and your past image, no one would have known the jewel you hid, the one you burried deep within you. Face does not means everything, Jaehwan. The past is in the past. No one can hurt you with that old image of yours because, God. That was AGES ago and those whom still make fun of it is very lame because they certainly do not know where the real beauty is. As for Sanghyuk, Jaehwan, you know that Sanghyuk is still growing up. Give him sometime, he'll adapt to the adult world soon enough. For now, let's just let him enjoy the end of his teenage years. Hyukkie does not mean it, Jaehwan. He was trying to be funny as well. He once said that he is learning a lot from you. Forgive him Jaehwan. I take you seriously and I don't think that situations involving tears are funny. Thank you for trusting me. You know that you could lean on me anytime, right? Now, off to sleep Jaehwan. I'll wake you up a few minutes late. It's fine to sleep in a little before practice tommorrow."

 

"Hyung, why do you care so much?"

 

"Because I care too much to let go as quickly as others would. That's my problem. I get attached easily, I love easily. Besides, Jaehwan, if I don't who will?"

 

Jaehwan smiled.

 

"Thank you hyung. No one could ever replace you. You are the best leader ever! Good night hyung!" He stood up and hugged Hakyeon before heading to his room.

 

"Good night, Jaehwan...."

 

Hakyeon leaned into the sofa as he let out a silent, breezy laugh.

Such a hyprocrite I am. Saying those words to Jaehwan were easy enough but to convince myself...